Princess Sofia's Fashion & Style, Part 1: June 2015 - May 2016

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:previous: The black and white dress was worn during the day. It in no way resembles an evening dress.

Good catch Meraude!:)

Who was Jane O'Neil in 1953? Her dress was unbelievably beautiful.

You know who had a dress similar to Elizabeth Taylor's in 1950?Alexandra von Furstenberg in 1995! It's almost the same gown except Alexandra left of the top part and bared her shoulders. I couldn't believe it, it's one of the most gorgeous bridal gowns ever, imo.

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/393361348679168960/

Jane O'Neil was a model who married John Scott, the then Earl of Dalkeith in 1953. They became the 9th Duke and Duchess of Buccleuch and, 11th Duke and Duchess of Queensberry

http://chicvintagebrides.com/index.php/chic-vintage-bride/chic-vintage-bride-jane-mcneill/

The silver lace dress in colour: https://www.pinterest.com/pin/82753711876338173/

Last edited:
Puffa moncler jacket is a really informal piece to be used with formal clothes...

Princess Sofia has the visit to Varmland over two days and now has been added the Princess Lillian Exhibition so we should see some new clothes and get a sense of what her official wardrobe will be like as she begins her formal duties. I am looking forward to seeing her style evolve over time.

:previous: I agree but i think at Victoria birthday she was bery nice dressed.

Last edited:
She looks great! I'm very pleased to see her hair soft and natural and not slicked down and very straight the way she wore it for a while. Much nicer this way, I think. :flowers:

Really pretty. Great shoes!!!

:previous: I really like the shoes, too. They're quite high but look very comfortable.

I love the shoes but rest not so much. But i suppose for this event is nice.

Last edited:
I love this ensemble and to be honest I am really surprised I love the shoes as they are a style that I usually find somewhat clunky looking. Perhaps it's the lovely light colour that makes the difference.

But, I have to admit that I would love to see a few inches off her hair.

the shoes are really ugly...and she seams to be wearing jeans??:ermm:

Jeans? :eek: Oh, no! Angels and ministers of grace defend us!

:ROFLMAO: They might be the colour of blue denim, but I think the closeup pic LadyFinn provided makes it clear they are nothing more sinister than close-fitting tailored slacks.

Last edited:

:ROFLMAO: They might be the colour of blue denim, but I think the closeup pic LadyFinn provided makes it clear they are nothing more sinister than close-fitting tailored slacks.
Roslyn, you should come with a health warning. You made me giggle till I chocked. I have never considered trousers, jeans or slacks as sinister before. Thank you for the laugh.

Too funny!!! My laugh for the day.
This is a style/trend that seems quite popular now; high heels and tight fitting dress pants (and yes even jeans) . CPV had a similar pant in white a few days ago. It is considered acceptable for the office I think. For an oldie like me it takes getting used too.
The shoes seem clunky on some views and on others they seem lovely.

Too funny!!! My laugh for the day.
This is a style/trend that seems quite popular now; high heels and tight fitting dress pants (and yes even jeans) . CPV had a similar pant in white a few days ago. It is considered acceptable for the office I think. For an oldie like me it takes getting used too.
The shoes seem clunky on some views and on others they seem lovely.
Now days that is very nice/acceptable buissnes attire if you don't wanna go the pant-suit route :)

Sofia looks great! However I think the jeans are a little casual for a business event but somehow, she still manages to look appropriate. I love her hair here as well.

Sofia looks better with few make-up- Not sure how I feel about her hair as it seems to have different shades of different colors...

She should burn that jacket though, because it ruins the outift she is wearing, which, as far as I can see, is not bad.

Very nice look overall, black and white is a good choice, cute shoes. See nothing wrong with the coat

She is very beautiful but agree with the Marty the coat not so good.

I think she looks good. I love the coat. I would prefer her hair just 2 or 3 inches shorter but I think the colour is better in these softer dark caramels than the almost black she has had previously.

I love the coat, but not with this outfit. Her hair color is better lighter, but she needed to do somethiing with it, it looks a little "slept in".

I like the whole outfit, but it is a little Autumnal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom