Princess Michael of Kent's Fashion and Style Part 1: June 2004 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dramatic outfit @Prince of Persia and yet strangly I like it on her loved the pearl earrings does she have the same ones for the latest event?

She seems to be wearing that hairstyle alot lately. The part of the dress I can see looks pretty.

Dramatic outfit @Prince of Persia and yet strangly I like it on her loved the pearl earrings does she have the same ones for the latest event?

Yes, I'm pretty certain that it are the same pearl earrings as they belong to the necklace and this set she bought only a few years ago.

May I say that I don't like this gown that much? I just find it old-fashioned. The emeralds look fabulous! :flowers:

Horrible hairstyle, don't like either dresses. But the jewels are beautiful.

Princess Michael looked all right. However, I do not like the way she combined the pieces of jewellery. An Indian-style necklace and ear-rings do not match the emerald ring and bracelet well.

I wasn't that impressed by her latest appearances either, something is missing. That dress isn't too bad nor did I find her hairstyle 'horrible', but all in all quite matronly (alright, she is 65) and mismatched. Plus I'm rather bored with this hairstyle in the meanwhile - I prefer her 'Edwardian' hairstyles.

May I say that I don't like this gown that much? I just find it old-fashioned. The emeralds look fabulous! :flowers:
With all due respect
Those are not emeralds- that is a set inspired by Princess Jodaa Bhai who was the wife of Akbar of India style kundan Indian Necklace and matching earrings- It appears high costume jewellery-inspired from the movie and possibly the red is also inspired from the movie wherein red is the colour Jodaa wears a lot of and is always dressed in the Indian 'bridal colour which is " red" THis is very much the vogue throughout the world as of the day Aishwarya Rai portrayed her on screen in the blockbuster Joda Akbar- there is enamel work as well... ..... have to look again if it was real that set would be worth a bomb- no the set is costume and the hairstyle is that of P Grace before she died.
I have to agree that the dress is quite old fashioned and the red quite overwwhelming for P Micheal's skin tones; but this lady just pulls everything off but she maybe fashionably playing out the themes of the movie which are worn around the world? And she was at an Asian event.

Oh, thanks a lot for the extra info Jaya! I don't know much about jewels and stones, I'm afraid. When I see a green stone, I think it's an emerald, when I see a red one, I call it 'ruby' and so on. And I agree, Princess Michael managed to pull this dress off, even though it wasn't the ideal type of gown or colour for her.

I am not a huge fan of the dress but I have to say that Princess Michael looks amazing for someone who is 65. She has beautiful skin IMO.

Oh, thanks a lot for the extra info Jaya! I don't know much about jewels and stones, I'm afraid. When I see a green stone, I think it's an emerald, when I see a red one, I call it 'ruby' and so on. And I agree, Princess Michael managed to pull this dress off, even though it wasn't the ideal type of gown or colour for her.
Salutations Noor,
I think she may even have known that it was not ideal for her that colour- of dress- etc etc.. but she was culturally intune with the event and it would have been appreciated I am sure.Unless you collect Indian jewellery which I have for thel ast thirty years it is difficult to tell.

I think the hairpiece has to go. From the front the braid is two large a twist. And from the size we see three different hair colors. I think Princess Michael could do better hair styling. The rest of her appearance was okay.

Look at her hair in side view 94.:flowers:

I don't know if this is the same red gown we saw recently, but I like it more this time with the shawl. Princess Michael looks fantastic IMO!

:previous:

It is indeed the same red gown. I too think it looks better this time and I definitely prefer this hairstyle.

She looks gorgeous. Her hair looks much better this way than with the "Heidi" braid.

Nice gown, with this gorgeous jewels looks fantastic.

Agreed, MC does look lovely in the dress. She also has the stature and the personality to carry off the big Indian jewellery.

Her eye make-up is wonderful... in general.

She was definately among the best dressed ladies at Constantines birthday!!!!!

This is how you wear an outfit that you have worn for years and make it still look good! She is a master at that!

Overall Princess Michael looked all right. Having said that, I would like to note a low décolleté did not flatter her much. It is high time she covered.

She wears that dress since the Nineties or so. I think the best times of that dress are over. Not really a hit.

The dress is okay. There's too many necklaces.

We have seen this dress on many occasions. The color is nice for her and she looked beautiful. I didn't like the shoes since the dress is a little short the shoes looked heavy or something.

This dress seems to be a little to short. I like the colors and jewelery.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom