Princess Mathilde's Daytime Fashion, Part 4: December 2011 - June 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The boots are horrid.The color is even more bad.

Crown Princess Mathilde looked all right. The boots appear to be clunky for the ensemble.

The red dress from Jan. 11th is so pretty on Mathilde!

Crown Princess Mathilde attended the award ceremony of the European Alzheimer Award in Brussels,
January 16, 2012, wearing a grey dress and brown accessories - minus the bag, nice! :)

** Full view ** With her bag **

All I'm seeing in brown suede, which look like horse calves to me- sorry thumbs down IMO!

Very nice dress.
Better picture of front vieuw
x610.jpg Afbeelding
Yes, CP Mathilde's red dress looks very chic indeed -especially with the lower of its two nested "knots" pulling the fabric into several diagonal pleats- albeit somehow, this unimpressive neckline isn't the most apt detail i.m.o.. I would have preferred a deeper plus sharper one (e.g. a classic v-neck or even an asymmetrically shaped neckline) instead.
Mathilde at the second New Year's reception today, January 17, wearing a lovely blouse and skirt - nice and understated glamour for the event.
** Full view 1 ** Full view 2 ** Bracelet ** Shoes **
One further outfit featuring elegant folding, this time with a nicer neckline pointing up the asymmetric design of its upper part. Mathilde appealingly combines her cream-coloured top with this glittering golden skirt and the marvellous shoes stand out as an intriguing highlight :).

Last edited:
All I'm seeing in brown suede, which look like horse calves to me- sorry thumbs down IMO!
hehe... she should just burn those boots. I can't think of anything they would actually look good with.

Crown Princess Mathilde's outfit was lovely. I wish the skirt were not shiny.

I love the skirt and the shoes.

Not sure the blouse goes well with the skirt although separately they are nice pieces. I could see a black or a white blouse looking nicer with the skirt.

I loved the pink and gray combination, these two colors go with each other so well :D

What a beautiful coat, I like the cut and the color :D

Very nice dress.
Better picture of front vieuw
x610.jpg Afbeelding

Lovely dress, I liked the color and it looks so simple. She looks beautiful indeed :D

Last edited by a moderator:
There is something very Chanel-esque about this skirt that I adore!

Thanks Stephanie. A lot of royals seem to be wearing Diane VF's dresses lately.
In case of Crown Princess Mathilde, wearing DVF dress/shirt/shoes/etc. means promoting the Belgian fashion industry. Diane von Furstenberg was actually born in Brussels, Belgium, and is often referred to as a Belgian designer.

Last edited:
She looks good. This outfits really suits her and makes her look younger in some way.

For a sandy blonde, she wears grey very well, IMO.

Yes she does look good in grey. Her hair somehow looks different to me. Maybe different shade?

Very nice charcoal grey. The deep tone suits her.

Last edited:
It's a beautiful dress and shade of grey, it suits her a lot! A bit more careful with the eye-shadow next time. ;)

In case of Crown Princess Mathilde, wearing DVF dress/shirt/shoes/etc. means promoting the Belgian fashion industry. Diane von Furstenberg was actually born in Brussels, Belgium, and is often referred to as a Belgian designer.

I didn't realize Diane was born in Brussels. Thanks for that information.

Mathilde looks good in the gray dress and I really like her hair style and color.

What's with all the grey? She looks so fantastic in bright colours, all this grey is a bit disappointing to me. The dress (or is it top and skirt?) is nice though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom