Princess Marie's Fashion and Style Part 7: June 2012 - March 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Her posture is perfect, the neckline is nice, and the earrings are gorgeous. The dress, I agree with most, is pretty awful. Without the ruffles,maybe a lower back and a little more fullness in the skirt in the back could have worked.
I am a sucker for silk satin, but that color just doesn't suit her.
Her hair could have been less severe also.

Thank you, Artemisia :flowers:
I´ll never understand the fondness of the Danish royal ladies for those shiny fabrics. For me they manage to make a dress tacky whatever the design is.

Alexandra wasquite an elegant princess, but this dress is ugly, IMO. And that thing over the shoulders looks odd.

I think it doesn´t resemble Marie´s dress so much, other than for the pink colour and shiny fabrics.

To me, Alexandra's dress makes her look like a Fairy Godmother on leave from "Sleeping Beauty", or something (Note: She left her wand at home.).

Personally, I think she and Marie are tied in the "Fugly, Expensive Dress" category, when you take both these dresses into consideration.

I agree with you, Annie, that what draws these to together are the loud pinks, and the shiny fabrics. But even only those two things were enough to make a few people recall Alexandra's dress and connect it to Marie's.

There ARE times that Marie looks totally spectacular.

Sadly, this is not one of those.

I wonder if she might possibly eventually be in the market for a new stylist, dresser, or whatever it's called?

Princess Marie in black at the premiere of the Danish movie "The Hunt" in Copenhagen on January 9, 2013. The upper part is fine, but I would not have chosen those wide black pants and those shoes:

** Full view ** Full view 2 ** Upper part ** Upper part 2 **

I like the jacket and the top but the pants are a poor choice for someone of her height .... and the shoes make it all appear very chunky and she shorter. IMO

Marie arriving for the twins birthday part in cream pants, puffer short jacket which is a bit too shiny for my taste and silver heels.

Full look 1 ** Full look 2

This outfit is terrible, IMO.
The jacket's colour doesn't look good with the pants, at all

This outfit is terrible, IMO.
The jacket's colour doesn't look good with the pants, at all

I second your opinion. Not a good look. A lighter colored coat (maybe woolen pea-coat) would have looked better, along with different color shoes.

I'm with you, Daria, and also the others. Nothing seems to go with anything..

Sporty crinkly jacket paired with dressy slacks and high heels. Not even the fur salvages this look.

I'm not into the outfit either but Denmark does look cold. Maybe she wanted to be warm while walking to the party venue? I know I would want to be.

I assume we're only dissecting this outfit because it's been very slow on engagements and stuff? It's a jacket; nothing too complicated, in the same color palette as the pants, and probably warm in the really frigid temps.

We're gonna make a federal case out of this?

I also think it's a terrible casual outfit. The pants are not in the same texture/color way as the jacket, and the jacket itself is pretty ugly.

I assume we're only dissecting this outfit because it's been very slow on engagements and stuff? It's a jacket; nothing too complicated, in the same color palette as the pants, and probably warm in the really frigid temps.

We're gonna make a federal case out of this?

No one is making a federal case out of this, except you. And no, we're not dissecting this outfit because it's been very slow on engagements... This is a fashion thread, like many others in the forum, and we discuss what the royals wear, when there are lot of engagements and when not. We were simply saying we don't like the outfit

She looks fine. Usually, does. I would like to see what the fashion mavens here wear.

No one is making a federal case out of this, except you. And no, we're not dissecting this outfit because it's been very slow on engagements... This is a fashion thread, like many others in the forum, and we discuss what the royals wear, when there are lot of engagements and when not. We were simply saying we don't like the outfit

My only point is that she probably just grabbed a jacket to wear because it was cold, and the outfit is so insignificant and trivial, it's not really worth the time or energy to analyze, IMO.

Princess Marie attending a Christening wearing a grey fur coat with a belt.
This is a nice fur coat, the color is very wearable and I like the high neck collar.

Picture

Princess Marie at an award ceremony in Copenhagen today, January 21, looking good in an simple but elegant business suit. Brooch and earrings are some good additional highlights here:

** Full view ** Upper part ** Close up **

Very elegant and professional look for Marie.

Quite boring look IMO. Not fond of the mix match of colors of the jacket & pants.

Stunning look! Love the outfit!

I can't say I like the outfit but Marie looks lovely and she seems to stand cold better than others.

She looks very chic! I love the jacket and the shirt. The pants look good on her.
I just don´t like the purse.

January 31, 2013 - Mary in beige pants, grey jacket & a colored scarf at an event

Full view

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom