Princess Marie's Fashion and Style Part 7: June 2012 - March 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The colour is nice, but imo the dress (especially the ruffles) looks quite tacky. I don't like it at all.

I love Marie but the dress is a mess. The colour, while nice in small doses, so to speak, is just too loud.
As for the style, I hate ruffles so this was never going to be my favourite.

One could almost get the thought that Marie had let QMII choose her dress :whistling:
I'm definitely not a fan, the pink is too pink which wouldn't have been as big a problem if the dress hadn't been as big as it is. The ruffles? Well ... :eek: This kinda disappointed me, Marie always has such a lovely sense of fashion.

Its a lovely shade of pink in small doses. A blouse or scarf etc. I mean wow thats a lota PINK!!

I actually love the color on Marie, but she looks like she needs to be ironed. The dress itself looks poorly made, and the ruffles on the back seem to me to be an afterthought by the designer. Her hair, make up and jewels are fabulous though. We'll hope for better from Marie & Mary next time around.

I like the color but it over powers such a tiny woman and the bottom ruffle doesn't help. It also looks wrinkled and ill-fitting.

Last edited:
I like the color but it over powers such a tiny woman and the bottom ruffle doesn't help. It also looks wrinkled and ill-fitting.

Ill-fitting? Could it possibly be by Natan? His clothes are almost always "ill-fitting".

Ill-fitting? Could it possibly be by Natan? His clothes are almost always "ill-fitting".

Is it Natan? If so, that explains alot of what's wrong. He's totally the wrong designer for a petite lady like Marie.

The color is nice, but in a more muted version, and a different (less shiny) fabric. The dress itself however, is a disaster. The ruffles are an overkill.

Seems like Marie didn't know whether she wanted a plain dress (the front) or a ruffled dress (the back). Such style doesn't suit her at all. Id wish she would invest in about 2 dresses that flatter her figure and she would actually recycle them then buying a new dress for almost every event.

ok, so it seems, I am the only one, who likes the dress, I like hers much more than Marys.... the fuchsia colour is a WOW effect and she can wear it.
BYe Bine

I don't think it is a gown for this occasion I like the colour on her for a change though, but the train and the fru-fru I just don't know ...

Looks as if she borrowed the dress from her mother-in-law....

I actually quite like the dress. The colour is great on her. The ruffles look silly from the front but ok from the back I think.

One could almost get the thought that Marie had let QMII choose her dress :whistling:
I'm definitely not a fan, the pink is too pink which wouldn't have been as big a problem if the dress hadn't been as big as it is. The ruffles? Well ... :eek: This kinda disappointed me, Marie always has such a lovely sense of fashion.

I thought exactly the same thing!!!

Not a fan of this at all; where it possibly could be passable, the ruffles killed it for me.

JMO

The back view is worse than the front, if that's possible!

Hahahahaha! I agree! :lol:

Those back flounces have not appeared on a dress since 1878. As for the front - that is the material and color one would expect on a bridesmaid in a Sopranos episode.

ok, so it seems, I am the only one, who likes the dress, I like hers much more than Marys.... the fuchsia colour is a WOW effect and she can wear it.
BYe Bine
Actually, I like it too! I agree that the material is a bit on the shiny side, but the cut is basically ok, the colour is basically ok and the small frou- frou train is basically ok as a cheeky detail! For those reasons I like it, and for once wee Marie stole the picture from CP Mary!

viv

IMHO . . .

Pretty as Marie is, not everybody can wear everyTHING, I think.

This, sadly, seems to be a classic case of the dress wearing HER, instead of the other way around.

Bless her heart, for me, it's TOO shiny, the ruffled train in the back is TOO much, and --- great color notwithstanding --- all that loud Pepto-Bismol pink just slams me in the face. It's also TOO wrinkled-looking (did anyone not realize that fabric would end up looking like a crumpled tissue?!). I hate to say it, but it kind of almost looks like she might've slept in the thing the night before, or something!

And I agree with other posters above who said it looked as though Marie raided Margrethe's closet, too.

Instead of appreciating her overall beauty in a dress that would enhance and complement HER, I just seem to keep focusing in on that DRESS, saying "Whoah!", and completely forgetting how lovely she is.

Mary beat her out, this time.

Also, it must've been reasonably warm for a winter evening in Denmark, because I don't remember seeing pictures of any of the ladies rocking those fabulous furs of theirs that they seem to break out for this event, a lot of the time.

Last edited:
They all choose some bright and shinny colours...why??? Mary was the winner...this pink dress on Marie just doesn't suit her, that is not her colour....and I don't like the dress at all...

The pink dress reminds me at the pink dress Princess Alexandra wore at the wedding of Mary and Frederik.

The pink dress reminds me at the pink dress Princess Alexandra wore at the wedding of Mary and Frederik.

The colours are similar and the shiny material, but: the styles and fit are different!. Alexandras 2004 gown looked like a panic buy from a '24/7 Chinese taylor' in Hong Kong, which it probably was since she was on the way out of her marriage and didn't care!

viv

The colours are similar and the shiny material, but: the styles and fit are different!. Alexandras 2004 gown looked like a panic buy from a '24/7 Chinese taylor' in Hong Kong, which it probably was since she was on the way out of her marriage and didn't care!

viv
If Alexandra's gown was a panic buy what is Marie's?
Perhaps Alexandra didn't care anymore but she still managed to look regal (despite shiny material and all). And SHE wore the dress.
Marie manages to look tacky (despite tiara, order of elephant and all). I loved her 2009 gown, liked the one from 2010 and would have loved the 2011 gown in another colour. But this pink number is just horrible and the colour totally overwhelmes her.

If Alexandra's gown was a panic buy what is Marie's?
Perhaps Alexandra didn't care anymore but she still managed to look regal (despite shiny material and all). And SHE wore the dress.
Marie manages to look tacky (despite tiara, order of elephant and all). I loved her 2009 gown, liked the one from 2010 and would have loved the 2011 gown in another colour. But this pink number is just horrible and the colour totally overwhelmes her.

Does anybody have a photo of Alexandra´s gown? Because I´m curious about it, since so many seem to compare both dresses.

Here are the pictures of Alexandra from Frederick and Mary's wedding:
- The gown
- Close up

Thank you, Artemisia :flowers:
I´ll never understand the fondness of the Danish royal ladies for those shiny fabrics. For me they manage to make a dress tacky whatever the design is.

Alexandra wasquite an elegant princess, but this dress is ugly, IMO. And that thing over the shoulders looks odd.

I think it doesn´t resemble Marie´s dress so much, other than for the pink colour and shiny fabrics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom