Princess Marie's Fashion & Style Part 5: October 2010 - April 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I like the dress but the shoes looks odd. Other than that Marie looks great! She looks great in warm, neutral colors.

Brown and beige are definitely her colours.

The colors of the dress are really pretty & work on Marie quite well but I don't like the embellishments on the top part of the dress.

The dress looks as if was made of gold :cool:, vry pretty indeed! The hues are lovely, shoes excellent, the shawl is just cute!
It's nice to see that nothing but joy emanates from her. :flowers:

Two Thumbs up for me too, all her outfits for this trip work for her body and personality

I think the 3 outfits on Marie I have seen during this HK visit (weird Joachim went to HK, since his ex-wife is from there?) are great and probably apt to the events she attended...

A travel wardrobe has to be assembled taking into account weather, event suitability, etc...Those comments about her black pantsuit when a cocktail dress might have been better, well maybe the event was a business-sponsored one and she wanted to look the part, serious and professional...Whereas the cute dress she wore was maybe for a more fun, relaxed event, like a sporting club perhaps...So if that is the case, both outfits suited the occassion...as did her black jersey dress for a balmy HK day...

It's worth noting that Marie probably has a fifth of the wardrobe money that Mary has at her disposal, and isn't on the "freebies list", unlike the Crown Princesses, who are constantly sent "samples". That makes Marie's clothing successes even more laudable IMO ...

You forget, that unlike Mary and Fred, Joachim has another income, not just his apanage. So stating that Maries clothing budget is a fifth of Marys is most propably false ;)

For formal receptions i prefer dresses with short sleeves. I like the look when she wears the shawl with it.

The dress does look lovely with the shawl.
I am not keen on the shoes, and the red toenails stand out like sore thumbs, a colour in tone with the dress would have looked much nicer.

I love the dress, but I absolutly dont like the shoes.

at a reception in Hong Kong today
Full view 1
Full view 2
Close up

I like the dress very much. It looks great!

For more pictures: myroyal's: MAR

Hola! That's probably one of Marie's most interesting dresses so far. I'm glad that she goes for a bit glitter etc. I don't mind the toes nails, but I have a little problem with the shoes as they look a bit odd. Closed nude or bronze shoes would have been much better, IMHO.

:previous:Well said, Dierna23! I only disagree about the allegedly odd looking open shoes because I love the fact how they echo the bow of the dress' neckline in a mirror inverted way:). Apart from that, their colour-combination is rather felicitous, i.m.o..

"Billed Bladet" has a gallery of outfits that Marie wore during the trip in Hong Kong

Google Traduttore

I am starting to like her more and more. She has the kind of figure that looks good in almost any outfit and has such a lovely natural smile. She seems to have a relaxed personality who enjoys life and is comfortable with herself. It is obvious that she is totally in love with her husband and child. Good for her!

I am liking Marie and her style more as well. Her metallic dress looks fantastic on her and really shows off her figure.

I think Marie is a charming woman and privately a very agreeable person so we're in agreement ;).
From the gallery posted by Marika I adore her in the short dark brown dress and another outfit with the dark shawl. She's just awesome in these pictures!

I liked the Hong Kong outfits - thanks for the gallery, Marika86! :flowers: Marie has her own style, more contemporary and never too complicated (no weird combinations, colours etc.). I find her style lovely and I don't think she needs to emulate anyone else's.;) :)

http://myroyal-myroyals.blogspot.com/

Princess Marie and the danish royal family at church.

I like Marie's coat and boot. The coat looked like it fit her quite nicely which is a welcome change for her. I also thought her boots went well with her outfit.

Although I liked the front of her hair. I think it was held up in the back with a claw hair-pin. Which if that was the case I didn't like it in the back.

I am starting to like her more and more. She has the kind of figure that looks good in almost any outfit and has such a lovely natural smile. She seems to have a relaxed personality who enjoys life and is comfortable with herself. It is obvious that she is totally in love with her husband and child. Good for her!

I agree, she is turning out to be one of my favorite royals

http://myroyal-myroyals.blogspot.com/

Princess Marie and the danish royal family at church.

I like Marie's coat and boot. The coat looked like it fit her quite nicely which is a welcome change for her. I also thought her boots went well with her outfit.

Although I liked the front of her hair. I think it was held up in the back with a claw hair-pin. Which if that was the case I didn't like it in the back.

Her coat is really nice & does fit her well. I do like the boots with this length of coat, she looks really nice and warm. The clutch was very interesting, a red Bottega Veneta which does go well with the grey and adds color. Her hair and make up really nice, and her hair does look very nice put up.

The coat is not for me: Marie looks like the girl in Elton John's video NIKITA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom