Princess Marie's Fashion & Style Part 2: September 2008 - August 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
They do look happy. She is a pretty girl...I wonder what the fascination is with the pants? She actually looks quite nice when she wears dresses

Those pants!!!!!!!! They are in fashion.....what can I say??
I agree they look happy and I wish them all the very best. They make a good looking couple.

I wonder what the fascination is with the pants? She actually looks quite nice when she wears dresses

Me too. I mean, look at the black dress/skirt and White Jacket, the purple dress, the gala gown etc.

Yes maybe her pants are too long...I really don't know but the clothes she wears just don't fit her well and they look really big...they don't look perfect for her size:cool:

Well, if you are visiting a circus building, it doesn't mean you have to wear a circusdress, do you?? I would prefer something a bit more professional wenn meeting young scientists.

She looks happy and beautiful in purple, but those things on her shoulders are really ugly. It's nice to see Joachim and Marie out on official duties together, but she needs to hire a stylist immediately.

She seemed to have a lot of fun during this event!! it's good !! but her dress is awful!!! she should ask some advice to her sister in law!!lol

Gosh and she does have a stylist.... I am unable to believe how really horrible this outfit is .....is it the shoes or the dress and the shoes together. I cannot see what conversation you would have with yourself about this dress before leaving home.

Princess Marie and Prince Joachim at the EU Contest for Young Scientist Award Prize giving at the Circus Building in Copenhagen
Belga
Hola
Sorry, but this is one of the ugliest outfits I have ever seen a royal lady wear.

But that is one sharply dressed man by the side of the oogly dress

Unfortunately I couldn't agree more, LadyFinn - this is ghastly.
A perfectly terrible design with those pinkish and black jet-embroidered patches on the shoulders.

epaulettes! that's exactly what it looks like, pink and black epaulettes gone bad. if they connected to something, maybe down the back and around the skirt or something, but just stuck up there for no rhyme or reason or worse no color
co-ordination, it's just tragically wrong...wrong...wrong...

i don't even think the dress and shoes would be that bad, boring maybe but not hidious with a pretty pin or necklace but those epaulettes OMG she's a beauty and still looks pretty but OMG is this a danish designers?

as someone that has seen some photos of myself and thought "what was i thinking" i'll give her a pass, it's early, and she's never came off as a clotheshorse, more simple chic but this dress needs to be thrown away and hopefully never makes the recycling thread.

Who is her stylist, Beatrice of York maybe??:bang::bang:

But that is one sharply dressed man by the side of the oogly dress

Yes he is and that is why I cannot understand that he lets his wife look the way she does. That dress is so very, very, very UGLYYYYYYYYYYYY!!
My God, where do you buy stuff like that. She looks like a little girl in it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I love the color of the dress on her, deep rich purple, but the rest... well that's obvious.

THAT DRESS! Where does she find this ugly stuff? Even without the pink things attacking her shoulders, the dress is matronly and cheap-looking. And her hair - let's style it a bit, shall we?
Marie looks like like a little girl in mummy's hand-me-down frock -

Whatever look she was going for she missed it by a mile!! I think the skirt is too long, maybe, and that contributes to the matronly look. She is definately NOT a stylish princess yet by any means.

yes, definitely not my favourite. i wonder who designed it. it looks danish to me though. she seems to like purple though!

Well, points for wearing a dress; BUT lets leave it there shall we....
Small changes could have made this an average dress rather than what it is...

the more i look at the shoes the more i'm OMG frightful, i didn't see them closely before, i was mesmerized by the pink epaulettes. i haven't seen those since dynasty and michael jackson, maybe it's supposed to be 80's retro, it didn't work and since no fashionista has posted the designer, its not an excuse that it was a hip danish dress and we were the ones not getting it, general opinion seems to be it'll make the top ten worst dress of the year (that might be a fun poll) mabel and laurentrin might not make first this time ;)

"Yes he is and that is why I cannot understand that he lets his wife look the way she does"
aww, sneeuwklokje, they're newlyweds:wub:, he's so in love he probably didn't even notice :eek: (if you can imagine) and using my husband as a guide, it takes awhile to read between the lines and plus he looks at all questions as a minefield, i can see his gears turning.....umumumumuuum...which is the right answer, which is the right answer, is this ultimately ending with "do i look fat/old" good hubbies know to never touch that live wire:ROFLMAO:. early marriage he'd say "i like your blue top or whatever better" (he had sisters, he came well trained) now its "ARE You going to wear that" i know to check the mirror. my gay friends are my fashion stylists, they delight in saying "girl, you got to throw that away" and since they're all flawless, i always listen to them. a few catagories: elegant, classic, cute (as in "too cute" which is a big nono) churchy, oldladyish and tragic. alas, i fear this is tragic:cool:.

wish i could see the back. i'm on record not liking dark hose, so i won't beat that horse, but petite women have to be very careful and wear the right shoe or you look 3ft tall and stumpy, same for big pants with wide legs and of course everything should fit properly.
great color,....she looks pretty.... they look blissful... all's right in their world

Belga
Hola
Sorry, but this is one of the ugliest outfits I have ever seen a royal lady wear.
Well without these strange something on her shoulders and with some nice additions (brooch or necklace) it could look quite nice. But maybe different colour maybe red she would look better...
Marie should do something with her hair cut them a little bit or change the colour?

Btw doesn't Mary wear similar colours as Marie or Marie like Mary?

Horrible! Sorry but Marie looks like straight from the 80ies, this dress is something Sue Ellen would have worn in "Dallas" 25 years ago. I reckon that there is a retro movement but this is the worst part of it.

Prepare the stones; I actually like how Marie looks. And I mean not only radiance and sweet smile, but also that dress. The dress iteslf is indeed hideous she kind of pulls it off quite smartly, imo.

OK, now you can throw the stones... :stuart: :frazzled: :deadhorse:
(wonderful collection of smilies!)

It's a great thing that we all have differing opinions. So, no, no one will throw stones at you, and in fact I appreciate your input.:flowers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom