Princess Marie's Fashion and Style Part 1: June 2007 - September 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Her_Majesty

Moderator Emeritus
City
Munich
Country
Germany
I thought it would be nice to have a thread to discuss the Fashion and Style of Prince Joachim's girlfriend Marie Cavallier.
There are many different opinions about her Fashion taste.

All right, knock yourselves out.
But please remember TRF Rules and FAQ.

Yes, you should read them:

• In order to legally post copyrighted material, you must obtain written permission from the copyright owner.
  • No more than 20% of the text of an article can be posted, along with a link to the original article.
  • Please remember that empty posts, that is posts that do not add or contribute to the discussion, will be deleted without notice.
  • It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles.
  • Hotlinking of content from other websites is not permitted.
  • We expect our members to treat each other with respect.
  • Opinions should be backed up by reference to published reports.

If you have any questions, concerns, or comments please feel free to PM me or any other RHofF Mod.

Happy Posting!
Royal House of Fashion Mods.:flowers:

well, i guess she has a fun style, she does know when to dress casual and when not to.she doesnt seem to over do it, she doesnt go for anything flashy etc...

I thought this was great look formarie, its a cute jacket but im not too sure of the black stockings, its distracting the classic look of the coat in some way i think - picture (DRW)

ohh! btw, i think this was her first public outing with the CP couple & i think she did great, outfit wise.

Marie has all assets to become a stylish princess although I felt her last outing was kind of a blunder. She is very pretty or even a beauty, good figure, expressive eyes - all she needs now is taste. There are some people out there who could have it all but never get it right - I hope Marie is not one of them. Her relationship with Joachim shows that she's able to learn and adapt to what she has to. So with time passing she might not only have found a better way to deal with the press but also have learned how to dress properly :flowers:

lets give her ideas, im sure she is to busy to read these post but you never know.
she has a nice skin tone,her face is very pretty and seems to light up when she smiles.
what colors do you think would look good on her? is she tall or short? she seems to be a average build

what colors do you think would look good on her? is she tall or short? she seems to be a average build
Black, white & colorful things. I think she should not wear a full brown outfit or purple. she should break it down. Prints would also suit her

how about a colorful print wrap dress with 3 quarter length sleeves. im thinking green & black shapes on white material. gold knot earrings and a thin gold braclet. stockings to match her skin color with plan pair of black sling pumps and black clutch hand bag.

Don't get me wrong, I like Marie, but she needs a brilliant stylist to polish her natural beauty and energetic grace.

First thing she should do: Cut, dye, add either subtle highlights or lowlights, and find a better style than that college girl bone straight, heavy bang look. She's in her early thirties not her early twenties, it's time to update her style.

Essentially, her hair looks incredibly healthy, but she needs to do something different. It's so blah looking.

Second, hire a stylist. I see her wearing Comme des Garçons, Jil Sander, definitely Dries van Noten and Chloe, Oscar de la Renta for evening and perhaps formal days, Sonia Rykiel, and definitely something from Gianfranco Ferre's last collection (may he RIP.)

Third, burn every single panty hose, colored and nude, she owns. A bare leg is so chic.

If she has discoloration or scars one can easily pick up a lightly tinted lotion from Sephora (or the Danish version of the store), and apply it hours prior to an engagement or the evening before.

Fourth, urge her to stay away from her jeans for the next year unless she is gardening or something.:D

Fifth, no more peasent tops.

Sixth, make-up. She's a natural beauty who should stay away from heavy eyeshadow, mascara, and blush. Her skin is amazing so she doesn't need pancake make-up for events.

That's all that I can think of at the moment, but later I might have something else to say.:D:flowers:

Black, white & colorful things. I think she should not wear a full brown outfit or purple. she should break it down. Prints would also suit her

Yes. However, no absolutely no dark browns or jeweled purples. And for heaven's sake no more of those tired wrap dresses.:yuk:

She already has a very slim and well proportioned body (I'm guessing she's at least 5'6" and a 33-22-341/2. A perfect body for couture collections. Which, by the way begins on July 8 in Paris.)

Third, burn every single panty hose, colored and nude, she owns. A bare leg is so chic.
You can't be serious :ohmy: Panty hoses are the saving grace for Nordic women - even in summer it can be really chilly at times. Bare legs are OK for a lot of places but they cannot be disregarded in the Nordic climate.
Personally, I find panty hose clad legs a lot more attractive than freezing bluish bare legs ;)

I dont agree in the lack of pantyhose, she should wear it in the same color of her skin, I think it is correct/protocolary to wear them for this (at least my ranny said it was in the etiquete books)

IMO Marie has it difficult, she has the same "type" than Mary and comparisons will be inevitable (lets start with the name!), and we all know what a wonderful job Mary is doing at the looking regal business. She will have to develop her own style in a way she wouldnt look like a copy of Mary.

So far I think she is doing well, she is still a private person after all, not a princess with official duties, (I dont see anything wrong if she wears jeans in the airport or in the weekend while she is with Joachim or in her every day). I cant wait to see an improvement cause to me it looks she wants to try and do her best effort.

You can't be serious :ohmy: Panty hoses are the saving grace for Nordic women - even in summer it can be really chilly at times. Bare legs are OK for a lot of places but they cannot be disregarded in the Nordic climate.

I'm completely serious:D.

Panty hose is so granny especially nude sheer or black sheer.

I understand if a women decides to wear very dark tights with a chic coat, especially in the cold Nordic winter, but sheer hose? :yuk: Come on...

I dont agree in the lack of pantyhose, she should wear it in the same color of her skin, I think it is correct/protocolary to wear them for this (at least my ranny said it was in the etiquete books)

So are we following fashion or etiquette here? Which one? For me, I'm on fashions side and agree with Andre Leon Tally in his latest rant about panty hose.

IMO Marie has it difficult, she has the same "type" than Mary and comparisons will be inevitable (lets start with the name!), and we all know what a wonderful job Mary is doing at the looking regal business. She will have to develop her own style in a way she wouldnt look like a copy of Mary.

Let's at least try to stay away from the Mary and Marie comparison, especially since this topic was created to discuss Marie Cavallier only.:flowers:

Panty hose is so granny especially nude sheer or black sheer.

I understand if a women decides to wear very dark tights with a chic coat, especially in the cold Nordic winter, but sheer hose? :yuk: Come on...
It's funny- this aversion against panty hoses. I'm serious when I say that it's either panty hoses - or not wearing skirts or dresses at all through most of the year in Scandinavia. So no - it's definitely not granny.
Freezing bare legs are just so unsexy!

It's funny- this aversion against panty hoses. I'm serious when I say that it's either panty hoses - or not wearing skirts or dresses at all through most of the year in Scandinavia. So no - it's definitely not granny.

:lol::D

Then women should wear leg warmers, anything but sheer nude panty hose.

And by the way, I cannot imagine sheer hose would keep a woman's legs warm during cold winters. Is there some sort of new type of panty hose that keep their legs warm?

Then women should wear leg warmers, anything but sheer nude panty hose. And by the way, I cannot imagine sheer hose would keep a woman's legs warm during cold winters. Is there some sort of new type of panty hose that keep their legs warm?

We all see your point, but please think that maybe where you live it works and women dress like that (I see you live in Miami and LA prolly at 35ºC you cant Stand wearin ´em), but there are different traditions in different places, for instance I dont live in a cold place, but dress codes in many companies here motivate the use of those for their executives....( I personally like them cause my skin is too white and they look terrible! and I never have time to tan).

I cant find a protocol link yet but I will, I am almost sure the use of pantyhoses is protocolary or at least etiquette

Last edited:
We all see your point, but please think that maybe where you live it works and women dress like that (I see you live in Miami and LA), but there are different traditions in different places, for instance I dont live in a cold place, but dress codes in many companies here motivate the use of those for their executives....( I personally like them cause my skin is too white and they look terrible! and I never have time to tan).

I cant find a protocol link yet but I will, I am almost sure the use of pantyhoses is protocolary or at least etiquette

I've actually lived all of the world including Munich (two months), NYC, and Vienna (lived there during a very cold January) so I do understand what it is like regarding dress in different places. Furthermore, and most importantly I do respect each countries traditions. Don't assume I don't.:)

If ones legs are pale, try using a lightly tinted lotion, not tanning lotion, but a tint from Neiman's, Barney's or Sephora.

BACK ON TOPIC ABOUT MARIE CAVALLIER'S FASHION AND STYLE.:flowers:

I think a lady should where pantyhose when appropriate. Such as to a church christening :D or work (if required by one's office) But not black sheer with a light colored outfit.

Also, I agree Marie needs to update her hairstyle. I'm sure it's only a matter of time before she starts getting subtle changes to her style like a hair cut that start the transformation process. I think the tone of her hair is fine, but she needs her ends trimmed or something. It looks shaggy. She should also experiment with chignons and buns at more formal events. Marie has great potential though!

I don't think they're granny either. I think they are a nuisance since they tend to rip easily so I sometimes don't bother. But I do think they look ladylike. Starting soon at work, you can't wear skirts/dresses without hose, so they are going to be a necessity for me!

Personally, I think nude stockings are elegant. They (stockings) are refined and make a woman look refined. With that said, I won't say anything else about stockings....:flowers: What other outfits are out there? The pink coat-dress she wore, is it a dress that's supposed to look like a coat or is it a coat that just looks like a dress??? Was she wearing a dress underneath it? I know it's a silly question, but please humor me :D

I haven't been wowed by her style, but I did like the leopard shoes she wore at Joa's car race.

Personally, I think nude stockings are elegant. They (stockings) are refined and make a woman look refined. With that said, I won't say anything else about stockings....:flowers: What other outfits are out there? The pink coat-dress she wore, is it a dress that's supposed to look like a coat or is it a coat that just looks like a dress??? Was she wearing a dress underneath it? I know it's a silly question, but please humor me :D

It looks Chanel-ish to me. I don't know if it's a coat or a dress, but it looks good. :lol:

And by the way, I cannot imagine sheer hose would keep a woman's legs warm during cold winters. Is there some sort of new type of panty hose that keep their legs warm?
For some strange reason you actually can feel the difference between bare legs and sheer hoses.
In Denmark the shops start selling more densely vowen (is that the right word?) stockings as well as soon as autumn comes - some with a bit of wool in.
I quite like the autumnal style with warm fabrics and these types of stockings.:)

Marie Cavalier has a very simple style.

I am so pale that you can see all my veins through my legs. So I have to wear hose at all times. And I can't use lotion, they don't make a color for my legs, it looks awful and doesn't stay on either.

Try a tint next time from Neiman's.:)

Stay away from the tanning lotion's. There is nothing more tragic, in the fashion and beauty world that is, when a woman's skin tone is bright burnt orange like an [url=http://manolomen.com/images/oompa%20loompa.JPG]Oompa Loompa[/url] essentially looking like she ate one too many carrots and/or went a bit crazy at the tanning salon.:rolleyes:

All right, we really need to get back on topic.

This thread is about Marie, Prince Joachim's girlfriend, remember.;)

i thought pantyhoses were quite an important thing in royals and it was quite a protocolar thing to use, never wear bare legs. i totally agree that the black hoses with the pink dress wasn't the best, but wouldn't go as far as saying "never use one again". black pantys can look extremely chic as well.

i definitely agree that marie has everything to become a fashion icon, such as mary. i believe she just needs some help with ideas and a new look. perhaps mary's stylist can also give her a hand considering her results with mary. marie has a nice ladylike figure, lovely hair and skin tone and her skin still looks fresh and healthy. i'd love to see what she would wear as a princess, for galas or official events if she were to become one.

Shall I change the title of this topic to "The Great Pantyhose Debate?"
Or shall we move on to discuss Marie Cavallier's fashion and style?
:D
Final word about this emotionally charged discussion that has nothing really to do with the topic:
I hate pantyhose whether nude or colored. Several people love their pantyhose, cannot live without them, and some may have even invested in the company Hanes because they love pantyhose so much. Lovely.
Let's move on shall we?:flowers:

This is my first post and I never thought I would be posting on The Great Pantyhose debate. I, myself, despise hose. I hate them. I avoid them whenever possible.

I am surprised that nobody has mentioned that Princess Diana made in chic in the mid '90s to go sans pantyhose. Before her tragic death, when, in my opinion, she was at the very height of her fashion she very rarely wore hose and had bare legs with heals. This looked very good on her.

I also thought that Marie's black hose with the pale pink outfit was not a good fit. I do realize that pink and black often go together but not the way she had it. I suppose I thought the black hose were a bit too harsh for the delicate colour.

And to answer a question from before, I think it was a coat dress but I wouldn't bet my life on it. I thought it was a bit ill fitting. Like the rest of you I think her fashion sense will evolve and it will be interesting to watch.

I think with abit of time marie would indeed be a fashion icon as prince's wife. as i said before she knows what is casual and what is formal. she has a fun style.

the pink jacket she recently wore, was a great choice, yes might have been somehow a copy but it was fun, not too formal nor casual

Marie has attended the copenhagen fashion show along with a friend. I find it natural to be intrested in fashion and from what I have seeen in videos and photos she is an elegant and confident person. If she becomes a princess, she will have not an problem becoming a fashion icon. By the way I don't want to imply anything, but Mary attended the copenhagen fashion show a year or so before marrying Fredeik.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom