Princess Marie's Fashion and Style Part 1: June 2007 - September 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's not only his outfits but his appearance too. He always was slim but since last few years he looks terrible.

It's well known that Joachim is a heavy smoker - people are different, some have terrifying lifestyles and still look well but in Joachims case I think it shows. His skin is so old and dry and he looks pale and drawn, somehow unhealthy. Then this yellow shirt ... he actually looks like a person how would have yellow curtains at home because of his smoking habit. Hope Marie will bring lots of fresh air into his life, in many ways.

Well, Marie is also a smoker so... she may not be helping him all that much. Other than that, I believe she is good for Joachim.

I know this sounds weird, but I think part of what cheapens Marie's look is that she's too tanned. Someone mentioned this on one of the Mary threads (about the way she looked before Frederik) and I think it certainly applies to Marie.

At least Marie abstained from wearing black pantyhose! Which was nice.......

I wonder if and how her style would change after wedding?

If change than Marie would model on Mary and other CPsses way or Laurentien and Mabel's way?:D

Last edited:
But I think she will change her way of dressing but yes in her own way. I love to see her in jeans, these last pictures of them in Shakenborg are lovely, she is wearing dark blue jeans and a simple ligth brown blouse that suits her very well. She must do something to her hair, give some volume and shape very soon!

Please remember that Marie's wedding gown should be discussed in Joachim and Marie's wedding thread in the Wedding Forum.

The main topic here is Marie's sense of style and fashion.

Thanks,

Royal House of Fashion Moderators

I've never seen her wear skinny jeans, acdc1. Though I have seen her wear lowrider's ala old school Frankie B's and perhaps those awful Seven's (just my personal opinion.)

Do you have an reference, acdc1?

Sorry for the incredibly late response! These look like skinny jeans to me. And I may be wrong, but these look like them as well. Now, for the second pair, I could be wrong, as they look like they might flare out at the end. But they do look very tight, as skinny jeans do.

Some pics of Marie during their honeymoon...

1 I love this look. they seemed so relaxed :wub:

danishroyalwatchers.blogspot

Her hair sure is messy -
Hate to make the comparison but Mary and Alexandra are always impeccably groomed, even for a casual concert.

Her hair sure is messy -
Hate to make the comparison but Mary and Alexandra are always impeccably groomed, even for a casual concert.

I've seen Mary with less than groomed hair quite a few times ... she sometimes just pulls it back into a ponytail and it's quite flat. I have seen Marie's hair a little dishevelled - by the weather.

I am always surprised how young and girly Marie looks. Looking at the pictures of the concert you wouldn't give her more than 25 or so. That in comparison to Joachim who imo looks like 45 or even more. Marie has to step up the plate in the fashion department I think. This was very casual, even for a concert in her backyard.

I am always surprised how young and girly Marie looks. Looking at the pictures of the concert you wouldn't give her more than 25 or so. That in comparison to Joachim who imo looks like 45 or even more. Marie has to step up the plate in the fashion department I think. This was very casual, even for a concert in her backyard.

Mind you, she might be wise to step up from casual to more formal, rather than, say, start out wearing hats that don't suit her and then having to step down to more casual!

Oh for pete's sake...:rolleyes: the woman was in her backyard watching an informal concert. Does it really matter that she was extremely casual? No.

Would a hat been appropriate to wear? Yes and no. But it's too late now... the music festivus is over. Not much she can do about it now.

Last edited:
Would a hat been appropriate to wear? Yes and no. But it's too late now... the music festivus is over. Not much she can do about it now.

I don't think so, as she was not sitting in a seperate box but in the first row, so a hat could have spoilt the fun of the others in the rows further to the back.

And probably that's how Marie and Joachim want to live at Schackenborg: as a farmer and his wife - while at Copenhagen they are prince and princess.

Her hair sure is messy -

Exactly my thoughts! Private is now only inside their home, not outside. By the way Joachim's combination is so hideous, I mean that's what we usually see on him, these dreadful colours, but I had hoped that Marie had a good influence on his appearance. Not yet it seems, at least for now.

Marie is naturally beautiful which is probably something Joachim admires and enjoys. They already know one another and this part of their natures. No surprises. I am sure he saw her before they left the house and found her quite appropriate. I have seen MM of Norway in such a hairstyle ... and I think they both look quite lovely. Every hair in place is not necessarily "beautiful". :eek:)

PJ looks like a father who is taking his daughter to school!! Funny looking couple those two (but nice..:flowers:)

Her hair sure is messy -

The weather on that day was rather changing. The only thing steady was the wind..............so having messy hair is only natural - unless off cause she had the means to controle the weather-gods:flowers:.

And for wearing a hat - it would not be fitting for that particular event.

Funny the first solo event Mary has done she wear a parka similar than the one Marie wore this day!!! She looks nice, but I think she won't be so stylish has Mary is!

Taking a closer look at Marie's ensemble ([URL="http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj201/kategt2/Prince%20Joachim%20and%20Princess%20Marie%20of%20Denmark/joaquin-marie-2a.jpg"]here[/URL], [URL="http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj201/kategt2/Prince%20Joachim%20and%20Princess%20Marie%20of%20Denmark/joaquin-marie-1a.jpg"]here[/URL], and [URL="http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj201/kategt2/Prince%20Joachim%20and%20Princess%20Marie%20of%20Denmark/joaquin-marie-3a.jpg"]here[/URL]) at the concert I'm not too fond of the jacket she wore with the pants (way too tight.) The cut of the jacket makes her hips as well as waist look incredible wide. Overall, thumbs down; very sloppy. And don't get me started on Joachim's suit. Is he color blind?

*images courtesy of DRW's; rehosted

I don't think so, as she was not sitting in a seperate box but in the first row, so a hat could have spoilt the fun of the others in the rows further to the back.

True.

And probably that's how Marie and Joachim want to live at Schackenborg: as a farmer and his wife - while at Copenhagen they are prince and princess.

What in the world does that have to do with hats?

Last edited:
Taking a closer look at Marie's ensemble (here, here, and here) at the concert I'm not too fond of the jacket she wore with the pants (way too tight.) The cut of the jacket makes her hips as well as waist look incredible wide. Overall, thumbs down; very sloppy. And don't get me started on Joachim's suit. Is he color blind?

*images courtesy of DRW's; rehosted

I couldn't have said it better myself. But of course i will add more.:) The colour combo she is wearing is hideous.:eek: It looks very 1990's. And black shoes?? :eek:Good lord will someone get this women a stylist??!! And what on earth is Joachim wearing??:bang: My god these two did so well on their wedding day and then to come back and have their first public appearence marred by this hideous, horrible ensemble, such a shame. First impressions count. Was it laundry day or something, or are they blinded by love?:whistling:

Last edited by a moderator:
Formal --- informal ---
Marie looks dressed waaaaay too down for such an event. It was in their backyard, but it looks like there were dignateries present and she was presented with a bouquet. She could have made some kind of effort to look more decent and pulled together. Nice dressy slacks and a groomed hairdo would have helped. Her clothes look like she bought them at a discount mall.
Look at Joachim - he wore a shirt and tie, so he was a bit dressed up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom