Princess Marie's Fashion and Style Part 1: June 2007 - September 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
hm..well from my male point of view i would say..as much as i looked at pictures of marie..she has a good style for dressing..tough i have to admit them i´mnot really a fashion expert..(i just have to categories..like it or don´t like it...kinda simple) so...
..and for the pantyhose thing...hm seems obvious that black and pink might not be the best combination to go..but i´ve seen much worse things and combinations...so this is a matter of personal tast...
staying with personal taste: i have to say...that IMHO womens legs (to me) look much better when glad in hosiery...no matter which color, ultrasheer..nearly not visible or opaque...they make the legs look better give a much more even(overall) skin toneif used in tan colors...and a nice shape legs are simply highlited by them...if etiquette or not stays out of my knowlege..but in austria and i guess over the world too hosiery is used for events which hav kinda solemn character...so think this takes tooo long now..so i just cut..might get into a independent thread...otherwise..greetings to all
steve

Engagement Outfit

I'm really curious what Future-Princess Marie is going to wear today, on her engagement day. :rolleyes:

I'm really curious what Future-Princess Marie is going to wear today, on her engagement day. :rolleyes:

Me too! and also curious about what she will wear on her wedding day...:D

The white suit, I have no problems with (at least not in this picture)

But black shoes? If you are wearing all white, only white, the black looks stupid. She could wear most any other color shoe and look better.

But black shoes? If you are wearing all white, only white, the black looks stupid. She could wear most any other color shoe and look better.
Didn't Letizia Ortiz make the same "mistake" on her engagement day? :D
She also wore a white suit and black shoes.
That was the first thing that came into my mind when I saw the pictures.

Didn't Letizia Ortiz make the same "mistake" on her engagement day? :D
She also wore a white suit and black shoes.
That was the first thing that came into my mind when I saw the pictures.

Yes, correct. Letizia wore a pantsuit though. Not sure this one is a fitted costume? It looks like a jacket and a skirt. However the black shoes don't go with it and I will never understand why royal women chose a white outfit for their engagement day.

The white suit, I have no problems with (at least not in this picture)

I think the black shoes goes weel with her white outfit as the buttons are black and she has got dark hair. If she was a blond it would look strange.

Well, cant get everything right all the time, especially on your first day when millions of things are on your thought. I think the last thing Marie thought of was her shoes, and a very common mistake made by many women are black shoes with a white ooutfit.
I wonder what her bag color was? f it was black, than the shoes werent a bad mistake.

I like the suit, especially the skirt.

Personally, I think pantyhose can be an asset or a liability depending on the individual.

Some woman look older than their chronological age when they wear 'hose, no matter how young. Also, height plays into it. Whenever I see a lady of shorter stature wearing darker hose or tights (that aren't part of a costume of some sort), I think little girl. Taller, fine. Also, leg shapes come into play for me...she may have a longer thigh, shorter calf or longer calf, shorter thigh...

For those of us whose legs don't look their best bare (yours truly especially), pantyhose in a tone close to the skin (but NOT nude, ugh) can work. Matching to the outfit isn't a bad idea neither, but watch the shades.

I don't see the problem with a bare leg, but the climate, outfit, and appearance of the leg need to warrant it. :)

I thought this was great look formarie, its a cute jacket but im not too sure of the black stockings, its distracting the classic look of the coat in some way i think - picture (DRW)

I first reaction was "Good Lord, no! Not those....tights?"

Here's a first picture of her Engagement Outfit

I agree on the black shoes. It's like she chose a different pair of shoes, but for some reason they were unavailable and she just went with what she had on hand. To me the shoes make the whole outfit seem rushed.

She is pretty, but she needs to find a stylist who can help her capitalize on that natural beauty.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think Marie really has impressive style right now, but since she's becoming a Princess I'm sure there will be people to help guide her to some fine choices for daytime and evening wear.

Fashion and Style of Marie (future Princess of Denmark)

would it be possible to use this thread to speculate about the style of Marie Cavallier wedding dress

Last edited:
Marie Cavallier attending the Christmas Church service.
ANP Beeldbank

I like her coat. I just wish she had buttoned it up.
What is she wearing underneath the brown coat? It looks like a second , silver coat.. maybe a part of the suit she wore.

ANP Beeldbank

What is she wearing underneath the brown coat? It looks like a second , silver coat.. maybe a part of the suit she wore.

No liking the coat nor her suit. The coat underneth looks like its part of the skirt suit since its the same color as the skirt. Something is really off about this whole look, maybe its the blue coat and then other coat on top. Ill admitt that the suit color is nice

Having a teenage girl, I can tell you that most of them skip the pantyhose most of the time except when trying to make a fashion statement - and you can imagine the combinations I see!!!

I think that she need to get into Royal life to have a fashion adviser. She needs fashion advisers, the coat is beautiful but not with that suit amd the suit is really horrible! She needs to learn how to combine things like Mary learned! She has her own style and she must buy only what she likes and maintain her own style, but she needs someone to advise her on how to combine colthes.

The "suit" she has on looks a couple of sizes too small for her, very poor fit

ANP Beeldbank

Come to think of it, you never see a princess with a coat that is not buttoned! If they wear one, they go for a whole look, the coat, buttoned, accessorized, etc. I never realized how sloppy an unbuttoned coat looks until I saw this picture and read this comment. It's something we can learn and apply, even in our own non-princess lives. And it's probably in the princess playbook that Marie will get as she goes forward.

Marie will eventually hit her stride. If I recall correctly, Mary didn't wear the spectacular clothes she wears now until after her marriage to Fred. She will become more polished and I am sure even her skin will get that glow that the Crown Princess' skin has.

But I hope that they wouldn't look too much alike...

I agree that she will get loads of help and she will be "managed" into her own style. Mary has certainly had this done for her and it has done wonders for a girl who only wore running shoes and 3/4 pants really just super casual. Marie seems to be doing loads better than that at this stage IMO so I have no doubt all will be well.

I don't know why Mary got lot of critics about her looks before being Princess, to me she looked normal and casual like any woman from common people, she was not working on fashion industry to have a polished look, now it's different, she's the crown princess of one of the most wealthy contries in the world, and she must have some image to be a good representer.

The same goes for Marie, her actual look is not that bad.

Last edited:
Please try to resist the temptation when it comes to discussing as well as comparing Marie to Mary.

This topic is reserved for Marie Cavallier's Fashion and Style. Not Mary and what she wore prior to her wedding day, etc, etc.

Thanks.:flowers:

I am not impressed by Marie's outfits yet. I really don't like her coat at church event. She is an attractive women, hopefully she will find her style.

I am not impressed by Marie's outfits yet. I really don't like her coat at church event. She is an attractive women, hopefully she will find her style.

I agree. Maybe like the other Princess's she'll make good use of her clothing allowance. Most of the other girls didn't dress all that great either.

I'm not a fan of her style so far. It seems a bit old fashioned and what is with those pale tights?!!! Hopefully as she develops into her princess role she will also develop a bit more style wise. I think at the moment she does not want to make any fashion mistakes so is playing it a bit too safe.

It's easy to characterize Marie's overall style which can be summed up in one word: basic. It seems as if she is afraid to step out the box, and try something completely different than what she is comfortable with. Nonetheless, there are times when she looks nice in her simple style such as this number. Other times, not so much.

As I said, Marie, so far, sticks to the basics: Jeans, turtlenecks, pashminas, coats with fur trim, boots, simple skirt, V-neck sweathers, tank tops, simple ballerina flats, and so forth.

Here are a few examples:

Jeans, grey turtleneck, boots, and coat Very plain.

simple white above the ankle pants with simple taupe tank top Standard style.

[URL="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v488/lotte52/Joachim/JMC/BB232007JMC-h.jpg"]Jeans and a simple white T-shirt[/URL]

[URL="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v398/gigi_ho/drws/0430071.jpg"]Jeans with pin striped shirt[/URL]

This ensemble was simply all wrong but that's okay... it was one of her first big evenings out with Joachim back in early to mid 2007.

[URL="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v488/lotte52/Joachim/JMC/BBno1007JMC-d.jpg"]I'm beginning to see a pattern here[/URL]

Cute and simple

simple summer

[URL="http://img139.imagevenue.com/loc24/th_43402_CAQJK9GH.jpg"]Tank top with skirt[/URL]

[URL="http://www.billedbladet.dk/adm/pics/gal_cav018.jpg"]Black jeans different jacket[/URL]

[URL="http://www.billedbladet.dk/adm/pics/0000000000042marie.jpg"]Cute jacket[/URL]

[URL="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v488/lotte52/Joachim/J07/2122004-fd5c1aa6e1b591f6af80d5d6d75.jpg"]Black jeans...again, nd the same tank top[/URL]

same thing: Black jeans, black top

One problem that sticks out from the rest is her hairstyle. In my opinion, it's sort of... blah. She needs to cut and style it.

I like Marie and I do believe she can be molded as long as she finds a great stylist (and not Anja) she'll be fine... she just needs to burn her jeans if you ask me.:D

*all images are from DRWs and rehosted; so thanks to them*

Last edited:
One thing I've noticed about Marie is that she seems to really love skinny jeans. Unfortunately for her (and fortunately for me I hate them), they're supposed to be "out" for 2008. Or at least according to the fashion section in the newspapers here.

I've never seen her wear skinny jeans, acdc1. Though I have seen her wear lowrider's ala old school Frankie B's and perhaps those awful Seven's (just my personal opinion.)

Do you have an reference, acdc1?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom