Princess Marie's Fashion and Style Part 1: June 2007 - September 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
For what it is worth, I thought she was dressed appropriately for a concert. She cannot go from Marie Cavalier to HRH Princess Marie at one jump. Give her time, She has a lot of potential and so far she had the metal looking dress and the exit from the SUV against her.

I love her top she wore to the George Michael's concert.. It's beautiful without looking too much..

I was actually more taken by her hair. It looks very pretty.

Marie looks very good and radiant. I absolutely love that blue cardigan!:flowers:

The colour of the cardigan is beautiful. I would love to see more pictures. Is she wearing pants or a skirt?

Beautiful outfit, like the cardigan color with the black & white. Like the pants but maybe if she had worn a pencil skirt it wouldve looked even nicer, well thats just my opinion. I think the necklace added alot to the oufit.

Last edited:
agree! unflattering at the waist... and too casual IMHO

I do not like the latest outfit chosen by Princess Marie. It looked so-so. I find too much jewellery of different style unappealing. Therefore, a chain with cross did not go well with other necklaces. Furthermore, her hairstyle is supposed to be funky, I believe. However I view it as a poor choice.

Aaawww...the purple cardigan outfit and hairdo is beautiful! It makes her face very beautiful to have the hair like that. A very pretty outfit. I love that color in general. And Marie with her skintone look great in it. :flowers:

i don't like her hair from the front, it looks little bumps around, the out fit is ok! she has a nice smile! i must say1 but all the girls commoners marriend royals, all of them have a great smile, i wonder if it just happen , coincidence or when they know they will become princess they all go to the same dentist??????

I liked her outfit very much! She has a lovely smile and she looked so fresh! The cardigan was beautiful and suited so well with her complexion color!

Marie is lucky to have such a million dollar smile, that's what saves the day for her. Her outfit is (again) way to casual. What she is wearing here is a nice outfit to do some shopping, take the kids to school or have a spot of lunch with friends. But imo it's not okay for an official engagement. It would have looked better with a skirt. Her hair also looks very odd, like a little girl's hairdo. Purple is a very good colour for her though.

Marie looks great, love the top half of her ensemble, but my gawd what a tragic hairdo:eek:! Awful...

I like the cardigan and shirt. The color of the cardigan is especially beautiful. IMO the pants are unflattering on the waist. However, she looks so happy and radiant that it makes one overlook the unflattering pants.

The whole outfit Princess Marie wore is beautiful. I love the purple cardigan and also, the lovely necklace. I also looovvee her hairdo. She looks very happy. :flowers:

I'm really on the fence over this one. The hair is bumpy on top - and almost no make-up. Joachim always so formal looking just doesn't jibe with Marie's casual slack-and-cardigan get-up.
Looks

Looks like Marie was studying (Danish language, I hope) with her tutor and Joachim said" Let's go see the ship!" and off she went in her casual clothes.
The pants don't bother me, but maybe teamed with a structured jacket would have looked more professional and more polished. She just doesn't look polished and well put together most of the time. Almost like no real thought or preplanning is put into
her wardrobe and where that wardrobe has to take her in her everyday life.

Last edited by a moderator:
The problem is: Her pants are extremely tight. Like Dazzling noted, a nice chic pencil skirt would have made the ensemble.

She really needs to get a good working wardrobe together. It's almost if she doesn't realize in what position she is now. In private she can wear whatever she (or J.;);)..) wants, but in public she needs to get it together. She really needs some professional advise imo.

Gosh that is unkempt :eek: Did she want to get some dreadlocks and then the hairdresser gave up half way. Looks like a jamaican-holiday-experience gone wrong.

Good view of Marie's hairdo: royal news

I kind of like it--she has pretty hair and the hairdo goes with her casual yet tasteful outfit. I get tired of seeing many of the young royal women wearing their hair the same during the day--slightly waved at the ends and loose.

Sorry, but I think it is the fasion of the late eighties and start nineties that is comming back again. I have seen sevral ankorwomen on the telly having a hairdos like that and being to dress the same way as I myselfe dressed back then.

I liked it at the time. I don't know what to think today but I guss I will end up liking it again. Anyway I do think Marie was looking beautifull.

Good view of Marie's hairdo: royal news

Still looks awful, no matter what angle the phototags shoot it from, '90's prom hairdo. A major No.:eek: As DoM noted, the Jamacian raggamuffin hairdo isn't flattering... good lawd. Lilla, certain inspirations from the late 80's and 90's are back, but nothing terrifying such as this hair tragedy is nor will come back. Some stylists have realized that do's such as the one Marie is sporting isn't flattering what-so-ever. Sure it might look cute on a 14 year old but not a grown woman. The poor dear looks ridiculous.

Last edited:
Lilla, certain inspirations from the late 80's and 90's are back, but nothing terrifying such as this hair tragedy is nor will come back.

Well, it has come. It is on Maries head - and I have seen worse hairdoes on danish anchorwomen:eek:. Especially one in a programme called "Aftenshowet":eek::eek:.

:lol: I believe it is a requirement for news anchorwomen to have horrific hairdos. You should see the do's on my local networks...frightening:D

i love her hairstyle alot. i think her style is cute. she dresses more modern like other princesses, i think. some princesses in her age wear dresses that could be worn by their mothers as well. marie's style is fresh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom