Princess Madeleine's Fashion & Style, Part 7: June 2016 - October 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I like the style but not the print.

Love the whole look! Perfect for running after her little daughter!! lol

The whole look was great on Madeleine. The printed top as very summery, great choice.

I don't like this look either :(. I think it was too mantronly for Madeleine,and I wish peter par collars would disappear from the market. She only pulls that off because of her looks imo.

Continue to look at it but I still do not like it ... positive credits for the blue flowers - a nod to the Christening boy.... but the rest is a mess for me.
Matronly and the white collar makes it even worse.
Bye Bine

Not a fan of the collar would've been better if it was round without the break near the neck or whatever the correct terminology is haha a a wide round white collar would've looked nicer but her hair looks very nice and she's pretty :) yet still best dressed IMO

I love the color and print...not sure about the style/shape. I think the collar/bodice would look better done differently.

LaRae

Not flatter her at all!

I think this fresh and pretty and give her bonus points for the waved hairstyle which is making me smile. And she matched Nicholas. Accessorizing with your baby works for me. :flowers:

I find it awful. I dislike the print and the collar.

The dress makes Madeleine look matronly. It is a pretty dress (without that collar) but not a good choice for this event. I don't like printed dresses like this at religious events.

It's certainly not Madeleine's best outfit. The collar shouldn't be white, it pops out too much and makes her neck look thick and short. Or even better, without the collar at all. Add that with shorter sleeves and it would have been very pretty.

Heavens, once again back to the 50s. Those collars were "in" then but this busy fabric was not. Designers today are trying to capture the past but not really successful when mixing with present. Those collars were fine then as society was quite different and more "correct" in dressing. Today, they almost look fake unless on proper cut dresses. Back then they were extremely fitted through the bust and waist with definite waist line and either flared skirt or tight straight. The cut of clothes in 50s were always very form fitted and ladylike, so to speak. Then in 60s, things got baggy and Peter Pan collars disappeared.

She looks great because she is so pretty. Good hairstyle and bow and color, but the dress does nothing for,her. She has an enviable hourglass figure and this dress would look ok on a very skinny model with a long neck

Last edited:
Not a great look on her IMO love the hair forget the rest YUK !!

I think she looked very well put together and the colors of he dress was spot on. It was nice to see such colors when almost everyone around was in neutral or light colors.

The outfit is okay. Not the best I've ever seen her look, but certainly not the worst either.

Nothing exciting but certainly one of the better among the family. I hate the collar and not a fan of the print, but the rest of the cut of the dress and the colours are nice. Her hair looks really lovely as well. Definitely best hairdo:flowers:

I think Madeleine was the best-dressed royal today. I like the print.

I found the look rather matronly. The print was a bit loud in comparison with other outfits (I know she couldn't possibly have known what everyone else was wearing) and whilst I don't mind Peter Pan collars I don't think it worked here.

I have mixed feelings on the outfit Madeleine wore to Alexander's christening. I like the colours; and the light blue against the black/navy. However, there's another part of me that thinks the dress looks a little frumpy on Madeleine due to the Peter Pan collar and her hair... I think she's a little too old for the Peter Pan look now.

It may not be her best look but it's the best look of any of the other royals, by far! Love her hair and and accessory in her hair! Lovely Madeleine as usual.

I loved the colour and style of the dress and if the white collar had been a real, rounded-edge Peter-Pan collar, I think it would have looked a lot softer and more forgiving. The stark white pointed collar looked too "professional blouse" and was at war with the style of the rest of the dress.

From what I can see she looks great. I love when she wears blue, even a lighter shade like this brings out her eyes. :flowers:

Such a lovely photo. She looks so pretty in pastels...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom