Princess Madeleine's Fashion & Style, Part 6: February 2015 - June 2016

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Day: I wish the sleeves of the coat were not flared so that the detailing on the waist could be appreciated and not look out of proportion. And I wish someone would off the black flowers (?) off of the neckline if the dress and throw them back into 1989 where they belong.

Night: Gorgeous! And the earrings were previously worn by Victoria, right? They're the diamond epaulettes?

She looks absolutely breathtaking in her evening qown!! I love her hairstyle, and the tiara with the earrings add another dimension of elegance. sigh... A truly lovely princess in every sense of the word. :flowers:

Te Deum Twitter picture;
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ChRpt6VUgAAoRd0.jpg

Hat - https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ChRp7VqW0AAC0sb.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ChRt-UhUYAAJMrs.jpg
Nice color, though the coat l
tooks a little too heavy for her. She looks older than her age.
I would have to agree that the coat looks too staid, pretty colour though.

I quite like the dress but it is too short and, wearing a statement hat like that without an updo exposing her neck, she looks unbalanced and very top-heavy.

Yes exactly Marg...her porportions are off.

LaRae

The pink coat is just too matronly on her and those black flower things ruined the otherwise lovely dress.

I'm not a fan of the dress Madeleine wore to the dinner yesterday. The colour is nice, but I find the overall look to be too shiny, if that makes sense. Her tiara is beautiful, though, but it does seem like it's coming off her head a little.

The Elie Saab is just gorgeous. Fits beautifully, terrific with earrings, hair up and tiara. She was breath taking

I don't like the colour of the dress, but it was a simple and elegant dress, and that is what we are looking for in an event like this one!

I think this dress and that color make her look older!!!

I thought her look was a classic look. Perfect dress, loved the sleeves and the color of her dress was pretty. Hairstyle was spot on.

I really liked her look today , loved the colour of her dress !

Madeleine's coiffed hair was perfect. It's a pity that such an elegant dress is a bit spoilt by those sleeves. I really don't like them.

Without those sleeves the dress would have looked simple and pretty. Now it looked oldfashioned and heavy. Also the colour makes her look older. But her hairdo is really beautiful.

this was a great dress! it reminds me of one maxima used not long ago. who is it by? i wouldn't be surprised if it was natan.

EDIT:
yes, maxima can certainly pull off some serious sleeves: here, and here

Last edited:
I'm afraid I'm not a great fan of the sleeves on Madeleine's dress either. Maxima can pull off something like flamboyant sleeves because, well, she is who she is! Nevertheless, I did like the colour of this dress and Madeleine's hairpiece was lovely.

Madeleine's coiffed hair was perfect. It's a pity that such an elegant dress is a bit spoilt by those sleeves. I really don't like them.

same tought. without these sleeves would be more perfect... these sleeves belongs only to Máxima. The rest was fantastic, special the hair and she was glowing.

same tought. without these sleeves would be more perfect... these sleeves belongs only to Máxima. The rest was fantastic, special the hair and she was glowing.

Yes, hair and accesorries are gorgeous and the natural beauty of Madeleine helps a lot. Even though I'm not a fan of the sleeves, I think she looked quite elegant:flowers:

She looks wonderful. Great look.

LaRae

I loved Madeleine's look head to toe, best dressed on tie with Mary IMO.

Pink is one of the colours that suit her the most and the simple shape is great for her figure. I love the sleeves too.

I think her hair and fascinator were the best among all the guest ladies, she looked just gorgeous.

I'm not a fan of this dress. The sleeves kill it for me and without them, the dress would be very boring.

Madeleine is stunning.:flowers:

Like Mary, there is one thing that bothers me. In this case it is the sleeves. I am not a fan on Maddie. Max can pull them off, on Maddie they look odd, a bit old fashioned IMO.

But I can look past them. The color is beautiful on her, and the dress is a classic style (minus the sleeves). Usually not a fan of fascinators, but her hair piece is actually really nice, and her hair looks beautiful. Perfect hairdo for the dress and event.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom