Princess Madeleine's Fashion & Style, Part 6: February 2015 - June 2016

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Princess Madeleine's Fashion & Style, Part 6: February 2015 -

I give her credit for turning up

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

Has anyone here said otherwise? Not that I've seen, however as this is Madeleine's Fashion thread on the Fashion section of TRF. We call it as we see it and it's pretty much agreed across the board that...

A ~ Those look like the bottom half of a pair of PJ's and beyond a doubt not what she should have worn for such an important day as Victoria's Birthday has turned into.

B ~ Considering the Wardrobe the Princess has, there more than likely either a pair of solid coloured pants in that same style or a long-ish solid colour skirt, that she could have worn. Madeleine would have still been comfortable and would have looked good instead of a walking Fashion Disaster.

Now if you don't like what we're saying in here, I wouldn't browse this part of the board/site any further, because what we've said about Madeleine is pretty mild considering what usually happens for a Royal Lady committing a Major Fashion Crime.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

Last edited:
Has anyone here said otherwise? Not that I've seen, however as this is Madeleine's Fashion thread on the Fashion section of TRF. We call it as we see it and it's pretty much agreed across the board that...

A ~ Those look like the bottom half of a pair of PJ's and beyond a doubt not what she should have worn for such an important day as Victoria's Birthday has turned into.

B ~ Considering the Wardrobe the Princess has, there more than likely either a pair of solid coloured pants in that same style or a long-ish solid colour skirt, that she could worn. Madeleine would have still been comfortable and would have looked good instead of a walking Fashion Disaster.

Now if you don't like what we're saying in here, I wouldn't browse this part of the board/site any further, because what we've said about Madeleine is pretty mild considering what usually happens for a Royal Lady committing a Major Fashion Crime.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

Wow sorry I said anything I just think sometimes it's ok to give someone a pass and this is one of those times

I give her credit for turning up

So do I royal rob. Maybe it's just because she is so beautiful and was so well-turned out even while heavily pregnant that we've gotten a little spoiled. Everyone is used to Madeleine looking fantastic so it's a little startling when she doesn't.

But yes indeed, no one would have blamed her if she'd skipped this event citing maternity leave, but she showed up to support her sister and future queen. I think Madeleine is a trooper, unflattering outfit or not;).

I actually thought she looked nice. Those pants are in fashion, they are perfect for summer.

Last edited:
this outfit is just horrible but i'm going to deliberately ignore it as she looks obviously tired. i'm sure her next appearance will be better.

Have to agree. I thought she was wearing pajamas. And she just needs to ditch the michelin man jacket. It is just not a good look on her. And she needs to do something with the hair, this pulling it up on one side is so 70's and doesn't really do her any justice. iam glad that she and Chris made it for Victoria's birthday.

To be honest I like her hair: had nothing to say:flowers:. I am inclined to give her a pass sinche she is still recovering form newmotherhood... One pass only, not more...;)

I dont mind the jacket and top. Pants...ummm. no. Hey she gets a thumbs up from me though. Showing up at all is awesome! I would have bagged it!

A dress would be just fine for her maternity after body...

Very nice. She looks good.

LaRae

The hat does nothing for her. Also the similarity with Sofia jacket makes for too easy a comparison between the women. Nobody who has had two babies in less than two years wants that kind of comparison. A very plain black flared dress with a string of pearls would have flattered, IMO.

The hat does nothing for her. Also the similarity with Sofia jacket makes for too easy a comparison between the women. Nobody who has had two babies in less than two years wants that kind of comparison. A very plain black flared dress with a string of pearls would have flattered, IMO.
I have to completely agree with you on everything. Well said.

I think her hat is not flatter her look but is good.

I don't think either woman cares about comparisons they got dressed for an event and happened to wear similar style suits no big deal.

Madeleine had a nice suit but it was too similar to Sofia to say anything... I wonder if the two women bothered about it... I didn't like the fascinator...I als think she wasn't that bad, but certainly Madde has worn better looks...

I agree with the others re Madde's fascinator. It does nothing for her. She is still a beauty...

I dislike her hat but the outfit is very lovely and elegant. She looks great.

:previous: I thought she looked lovely except for the hat. And it actually is more of a hat than a fascinator but, it didn't suit her very elegant updo and I have a personal hate of hats that look like someone nailed them to their forehead.

Overall I thought she is looking lovely and pretty darned good for a woman with a month old baby. Her ensemble was very elegant and, let's face it, there is only so much you can do wearing black and white with long sleeves and a hat.

Last edited:
I do not care for her dress today at all.

LaRae

I think her look today is great. First - that detailed print was made for a heavily gilded setting. Second, it allowed the rest of the family to pick up on a number of colors to wear along with. She looked very sophisticated in it.

She's a beautiful mommy of two!

I was pretty surprised to see Madeleine wearing shades of purple. But at least she wasn't predictable with a baby blue. I don't like her dress at all, a bit of too an ancient look. But it suites her and it perfectly matches her fasciantor and elegant bun. And it is very appropriat this time. Much better that that lace and too revealing dress Madde sported at Leonore's christening.

I was pretty surprised to see Madeleine wearing shades of purple. But at least she wasn't predictable with a baby blue. I don't like her dress at all, a bit of too an ancient look. But it suites her and it perfectly matches her fasciantor and elegant bun. And it is very appropriat this time. Much better that that lace and too revealing dress Madde sported at Leonore's christening.

If you look at the longer views - there is baby blue in that print. In the close ups, the fabric looks hand painted. I also thought the print was slimming.

Madeleine's dress today is awful. Awful the color, awful the shape, totally awful.

I thought her dress was terrible. Her hair and headpiece was beautiful however.

I have yet to see a pic of Madeleine's dress!!!

I loved Madeleine's look today! Very sophisticated dress for her. Beautiful smile, as usual. Loved the unusual colors..

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom