Princess Madeleine's Fashion & Style, Part 2: August 2009 - November 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I like the outfit, but (always a but), I like it with the jacket. The boots make more sense with the jacket for me. She also looks like she's lost some weight and she looks wonderful.

The "taupe grey" has warm undertones, and looks great on tanned & blonde P Madeline. The brown was a smart choice to continue the warm theme in the boots, belt and bag. Since her engagement announcement, Ive found her to be quite radiant.

I really like the coats that Madeleine has been wearing lately. That ruffled coat from last week's events was especially nice; however, I think that a deep purple color or a dark pink color would be gorgeous on her.

Yes sgl I agree about hte coat with the ruffle she was with Jonas ...does anyone know who that is by loved it.

Yes sgl I loved it too the ruffled coat who designed it does anyone have any information about it .... she was with Jonas at children's event with all the other royals ....gorgeous.

Very nice waistline on the Prada Charcoal Coat that Princess Madeline wore yesterday at the event. I too see the resemblance to CP Victoria, especially their chin areas (like their mother). She really has been quite stylish lately, I find.

hmm..while I agree Madeleine looks great lately, it all looks very similar. I'd like to see more colours introduced into her working wardrobe. She is young and beautiful, she should stand out more, I know in the past she recieved some criticism for wearing a lot of pastels but it seems now shes gone the other way, with a dark variety of outfits - hope she finds a happy medium!

I think most royals/socialites go through that "pastel wearing" phase when they are young (and continually photographed or in the spotlight). Then move on to the colors and styles they've found best suit them. Diana comes to mind as a royal princess who did the same, IMO.

I think most royals/socialites go through that "pastel wearing" phase when they are young (and continually photographed or in the spotlight). Then move on to the colors and styles they've found best suit them. Diana comes to mind as a royal princess who did the same, IMO.

He he you're absolutely right! :flowers:

A lot of the other royal ladies have moved away from the pastel skit suit, but so has fashion...we'll just have to wait and see Madeleine's style evolve I only hope she transforms a wonderfully as Diana

Madelaine seems to have high end taste (Prada coat, Fendi dress for engagement, Oscar de la Renta,Miu Miu,Hermes, Bottega Venatta bags etc..) Does she ever incorporate any 'high street' brands, like Zara and H&M into her working wardrobe? Leitizia of Spain, seems to recieve a lot of positive press for doing so.

Also does Madeleine have to buy all of her working wardrobe or do designers and stores lend to her to get publicity (like some celebrities)? Because if she does buy her own clothes and accessories she must have a huge clothing allowance!!

I like this coat, though I'd have chosen the other colour grey or green.:)

Designers probably loan her some clothes like they do to celebrities but I'm sure they probably let her keep a few here and there.

i Also have the same question does she buy all her wardrobe or she lend from some designers , but i think with her personnel budget she can afford this beautiful clothes

I watched the ceremony on TV. I don´t like Madeleine´s dress at all. The green colour is not good and the black lace diagonal stripes make it look quite odd. Her hair could also be better. Madeleine looks to have lost her spark.
Daylife
We´ll have a photo of the whole dress at the banquet.

I am LOVING the top half of Madeline but from the little glimpse I have of the bottom half of her dress, I don't think I am going to like the whole outfit. I like the way the tiara is placed in her, but I understand where the nickname "jeep" tiara comes from. haha.

I like a lot the top part of the dress, the lace is gorgeous. I´m just a bit dissapointed with her hairdo, I don´t like it at all.

I'm looking forward to see more pictures of the whole dress. :flowers: Not my favourite tiara but Madeleine looks stunning with all the jewelry.

I too look forward to seeing the rest of the dress, so far I'm not sure how I feel about it. The tiara is lovely, but for me it clashes with the necklace for some reason (different shapes and designs I suppose). I personally like her hair and makeup, she looks fresh and young, which she is.

Well I have seen princess Madeleine dressed way better than this before.
Her hair looks dirty to me, and the tiara look like it is placed in there and hair combed over it in a hurry. It might look like her hair is darker, like she dyed it or something. Natural blondes often naturally go darker in winter, but this color make me think that she might have colored it? It looks yellowish and light brownish. Not a flattering color for her.

The green dress is so so. Black laces over shiny fabric make the whole outfit unflattering.
Well princess Madeleine dresses very well all over, so a fashion mistake is kind of allowed. I know she knows how to really dress up, but today she did not hit the target at all. Imo.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom