Princess Madeleine's Fashion and Style Part 1: September 2003 - Ausgust 12, 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The cut is all right but I think that bright shade of red makes her face look really washed out and colourless. She'd have done better with an ice blue dress or even white.

Favourite/Least Favourite Gowns Worn by Princess Madeleine

Favourite ball gown dress of Madeleine's and what dress is your least favourite

I absolutely LOVE the dress madde wore to the German state visit dinner. So beautiful!

The one I don't like? Oh...easy, the most recent - I thought her dress for the Jordanian state visit made her look washed-out and matronly. It could have been ok in a better color (or if madde had her natural hair color!).

:p

I love the blu/white one she wore at the Jordan state visit and this one is one of my favourites aswell.

Attachments

• F709CA5A.JPG
    F709CA5A.JPG
    25.6 KB · Views: 769
I really like this dress...it's from the wedding of Princess Martha Louise of Norway and Ari Behn.

Attachments

• madeleine_versjoner.jpg
    madeleine_versjoner.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 710
Princess Madeleine's Hats

lets post some pictures an tell me What hat is your favourite?

I´m not a fan of hats on young women...

IMO the only hat Madeleine should wear is this =)

Attachments

• amazonas3.jpg
    amazonas3.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 569
Here is a lovely photo of Princess Madeleine and her sister CP Victoria wearing hats-

Attachments

• 0652.jpg
    0652.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 879
I love that red dress and I think she looks stunning in it. She is absoultely gorgeous

Um...haven't read all the posts in this topic, but I personally think that Madeleine's bust size looks sooo large in that red dress. I have always known that she's got good assets but I had never known that hers just looks sooo good until I saw this picture. Good enough for criminal offenses.

The most revealing one

These are the ones I like the most:

At Queen Margrethe's birthday or silver wedding aniversary.

At a party.

Attachments

• Party.jpg
    Party.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 539
  • MadVic2.jpg
    MadVic2.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 968
Last edited by a moderator:
I like the purple one... What do they do with all the gala dresses they don't wear them that often?

At the Jordian visit.

Though some people don't like this one, but I just love this one from the very first time I see it.
It's another style which Madeleine had never before attempted due to age.
For the first time, she looked like a regal princess attending an important state event representing her country infront of a foreign monarch.

This dress is the one she wore to Crown Prince Haakon and Mette-Marite's wedding and the Nobel Prize 2001 and she had a shawl over it and wore it bare-shoudered respectively. She changed the look of it again and completely by adding this elegant extra top over it.
So clever, it's nice to see princesses don't just wear an evening dress for only once.

dress with a top

Attachments

• post_23_1065614657.jpg
    post_23_1065614657.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 771
  • selection.jpg
    selection.jpg
    15.4 KB · Views: 1,071
If you've got it, flaunt it! I generally disagree with that because you also need a lot of confidence and you can't be self-conscious either.

so what kind of dress would you like her to wear at Nobel 2003

You know, Madde actually designed the red dress her self! I think it looks stunning on her and Sweden is not very conservative so nobody thought the cleavage was too daring. ;)

so we will know on friday or monday if Madeleine will attend nobel 2003

" so we will know on friday or monday if Madeleine will attend nobel 2003"

So we may know tomorrow? Cool.

the calendar on www.royalcourt.se says that "The royal family" will attend Nobel, so I guess that means that Madeleine will be there aswell.

december 10th we will se if the gown she wears is a hit or a flop....

Originally posted by MihoshiMarie@Oct 24th, 2003 - 3:28 am
I really like this dress...it's from the wedding of Princess Martha Louise of Norway and Ari Behn.
here is an other picture of that dress

Attachments

• 32.jpg
    32.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 614
I Love that one too.

Attachments

• octubre3_magdalena_1a.jpg
    octubre3_magdalena_1a.jpg
    9.8 KB · Views: 484
The blue dress Princess Madeleine wore at the wedding of Princess Martha Louise is gorgeous, and if I'm not mistaken she has not worn it again. :)

This yellow dress Princess Madeleine wore at the King's 50th birthday is the one I least like.

Attachments

• 02.05.24pic15.jpg
    02.05.24pic15.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 622
  • 96.04.30sp_056.jpg
    96.04.30sp_056.jpg
    11.6 KB · Views: 725
Usually I´m a big fan of the "Madde-style", but 2003 was a big disappointment for me: it started with the tight brown trousers on her first university day, continued with the light-blue skirt/dress on the wedding of Laurent and Claire, went on with the turquoise thing on her sister´s birthday, went then on with the brown thing, she wore at the jubilee of her father and had it´s (for the present?) maximum in this dress on the jordanian state visit (and the dresses were "accompanied" of a terrible tan the most time of the past year). And all in all I would describe those dresses with the term/phrase "oldfashioned auntie-style.
I mean it wasn´t all horrible, but after the prime years 2000-2002 IMO a big change.
That is just my opinion...as we all know, it´s always a question of taste.

what about her mom's 60th birthday? this year?

Sara Boyce

Originally posted by sara1981@Dec 8th, 2003 - 4:26 pm
what about her mom's 60th birthday? this year?

Sara Boyce
There are no big celebrations planned. Just a concert (I think the "nutcracker suite" is played)
I hope that we will get at least nice family portraits. The last really portraits were done in 1999, but IMO that was a great tradition. The dutch RF show us great baby photos, just a few minutes after the birth, the spanish RF had great xmas-pictures last year (I mean the one with the grandchildren), the belgian RF had a great photo session this summer...So is it really such an tall order to ask for an offical family photo a year?!

Yes that is right, she has not worn that light blue dress since the wedding of Norway's Martha Louise which is a shame I think. It is a simple yet stunning dress and it is beautiful, it looks amazing on Madeleine.

This yellow dress Princess Madeleine wore at the King's 50th birthday is the one I least like.

I think it's qite nice for a young girl. It looks a little "Jane Austen" I think.

Originally posted by Cissan@Dec 9th, 2003 - 5:04 am

I think it's qite nice for a young girl. It looks a little "Jane Austen" I think.
I agree with Cissan...IMO it´s just appropriate for a 13-year old girl. Dresses, which she wore after her 17th birthday would have looked strange at the body of the 13-year old Madeleine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom