Princess Mabel's Fashion and Style Part 1: November 2006 - September 2021

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

LadyK

Moderator Emeritus
City
Cincinnati
Country
United States
We have threads about so many people, but not the ever-fashion...controversal Princess Mabel. Whether you love her or hate her, you have to admit she definately has her own sense of style. Laden with bows or crazy prints, she rivals her sister-in-law Laurentien in individuality. Post Mabel's clothing choices here- her gala outfits, fancy day dresses, and other outfits. (this is the only thread for her, and I don't think she has enough outfits for separate ones)

Please remember to be nice and to follow the picture posting rules. :)

And have fun!!!

And Post!!!

that green short dress, dazzling is the engament of queen beatrix, 60 years ago....

the dress who wears Mabel was indeed the engament dress of Beatrix I don't like it ,but the red coat was very trendy. no bow''s [strikjes].

Prinses Lauren10 said:
that green short dress, dazzling is the engament of queen beatrix, 60 years ago....

intresting, thank you for sharing the info. its a nice dress, find it very simple

So, the short green dress is the same dress Beatrix wore for her engagment? How interesting! I like it. It's very Jacki-O and I love the style from that era...the 60's!

You know, I think Mabel's wedding dress would have looked alot better if the train had been left bare of any bows. I would photo shop it but I don't know how to do that and I probably don't even have the tools needed...sorry!

Her Majesty,
Great photos!
And I have to agree with you on the red shoes....not to my liking at all!
Oh well.

I agree, these shoes are quite interesting! Those red ones are AWFUL but they matched the dress, YUCK. I really didn't like the pearls heels either. It seemed overdone.

I wonder if Mabel dresses so differently to get attention? Maybe she wishes she would get more attention like Laurentin.

I don't know, it just seems that some of her outfits are pretty wild! It makes you wonder why.....

Really? Well, everyone has different likes and dislikes in fashion...
But hey, if it's your cup of tea, more power to you! I just in general don't like platform shoes....(red shoes).
The black ones are nice, but the pearl one's, I don't know about those...

tenngirl said:
I don't know, it just seems that some of her outfits are pretty wild! It makes you wonder why.....

Some of the shoes, purses and accesoires were also designed by the couturier from which she wore the outfit, complementair to each other.

The famous 'wizard of oz' shoes were designed by Viktor & Rolf, from which she also wore the gown. So it is not because Mabel is asking for attention or so, it simply is a matching set.

Last edited:
The red shoes must be the most terrible ones she ever wore! :wacko:
But some are quite pretty (for example the black ones)!

Yikes! Those red shoes are terribly high. I don't think I would be able to walk in any shoe that high.

Last time I saw Mabel in a nightgown, for King Harald's birthday, she looked...I am sorry, the word is tacky. A revealing black bra? That was Madonna, and those were the 80s...

Verde Esmeralda said:
Last time I saw Mabel in a nightgown, for King Harald's birthday, she looked...I am sorry, the word is tacky. A revealing black bra? That was Madonna, and those were the 80s...

Looks like a madonna wanna be:lol:
Picture

I thought the black dress looked okay, untill I saw the bra. :ohmy: I think that's the problem with Mabel. A lot her clothes are nice, but sometimes she just adds a touch or something different (like bows ;)) which I don't particulary like...

Mabel's fashion and style? Most of the time, she has none. At the Konningsdag (I probably spelled that wrong) festival/street fair thingamajig, she looked rather good. There are a few select times when she pulls it off, but then there are others when she is just dead wrong. Like at King Harald's birthday celebrations. She wore two dresses that no princess at a gala function should be caught dead in.

There are a few select times when she pulls it off, but then there are others when she is just dead wrong. Like at King Harald's birthday celebrations. She wore two dresses that no princess at a gala function should be caught dead in.

Why don't you give up some photo examples, Sister morphine.

Princess Mabel takes chances instead of conforming to the obvious and I can respect that. Easily one cannot say that she and her choice of style are never boring.

GlitteringTiaras said:
Why don't you give up some photo examples, Sister morphine.

Princess Mabel takes chances instead of conforming to the obvious and I can respect that. Easily one cannot say that she and her choice of style are never boring.

Photos of Mabel in those dresses from King Harald's birthday celebration are in the corresponding thread on the Norwegian Royalty boards. I didn't post them because I assumed people could go to said thread and see what I was talking about. I didn't want to find the pictures, re-save them, re-host them and then re-post them.

No, she's not boring but going overboard is never better. She was showing far too much skin and dressing like Madonna at a gala of this size, while different....isn't acceptable.

The second dress she was wearing in Oslo wasn't to shocking. It actally was a nice dress IMHO.

Considering her position she has the liberty to experiment more with her dresses. If she would have been a crownprincess instead of non-member of the royal house she would have been required to have a bit less exentric style. The court heavily guided both Maxima as Laurentien for example, especially in the beginning.

Sister Morphine said:
Photos of Mabel in those dresses from King Harald's birthday celebration are in the corresponding thread on the Norwegian Royalty boards. I didn't post them because I assumed people could go to said thread and see what I was talking about. I didn't want to find the pictures, re-save them, re-host them and then re-post them.

Well, when you're referring to something like that, it's easiest for everyone if you just provide a link to the thread or the posts. That way people can see what you're referring to and you don't have to faff around with reposting the photos themselves. The classic win-win situation.;)

The court heavily guided both Maxima as Laurentien for example, especially in the beginning.

Well, it seems like they let them loose by now... :lol:
I've come to appreciate the way the Dutch princesses dress. Nothing can beat the Van Vollenhoven princesses (they're more toned down, I like that), but with Maxima, Mabel and Laurentien there's never one dull moment. :ROFLMAO:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom