Princess Letizia's Eveningwear Part 9: August 2012 - October 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A lovely appropriate outfit for dinner.

I love the top but I much prefer it with a skirt.

The outfit is fine. Love the top, but would like to see it with a beige or brown maxi skirt. That would have been fun.

The top is nice but would have looked better with a filmy skirt.

/very nice outfit but could have used a necklace or do something with her hair. Her sil is a real fashion disaster

That is a beautiful lace top. Like others, I think it would have looked better with a skirt, but the look with the slacks is nice too.

Lovely individual items but it doesn't look like she made an effort for the event, which is described as an official dinner. If everyone else turned up like this then ok, but people do expect royalty (which they pay for) to make an effort for special events.

The SRF do not appear to understand that playing themselves down in an economic crisis should not equate to looking disinterested or lacking effort.

I do like Letizia's ensemble, but all the women are strangely casually dressed, except Elena, who's simply strangely dressed. Are there no gay stylists in Madrid Elena could pal around with?

Lovely individual items but it doesn't look like she made an effort for the event, which is described as an official dinner. If everyone else turned up like this then ok, but people do expect royalty (which they pay for) to make an effort for special events.

The SRF do not appear to understand that playing themselves down in an economic crisis should not equate to looking disinterested or lacking effort.

This. I soo agree. There is a very thin line between being underplayed and inappropriate!

At the same time the SRF have requested that photographers have to be dressed formally (suit & tie) instead of shirt & sandals in order to attend & take pictures :whistling:
Noticias de Casas Reales - Casa Real se pone firme con los medios: imprescindible vestir atuendo apropiado

Letizia's white pants are seriously underdressed. As Dazzling said, it would well have been the La Granja outfit.

I do like Letizia's ensemble, but all the women are strangely casually dressed, except Elena, who's simply strangely dressed. Are there no gay stylists in Madrid Elena could pal around with?

This is the way they dress every year for this event. I think of it as "island wear." Queen Sofia wears pajama-like outfits year after year, usually in loud flowery fabric.

Right, I really can't say too much of the casual outfits after seeing the Queen's. But Elena's is certainly quite strange and a mishmash of patterns and fabrics. But I do like the aqua color.

Last edited:
Letizia looked good last nie,recycled dress and earings but a nice look all the same.

Great dress but I can barely see her earrings. Are they the ubiquitous stars? Anyway, I love the second photo of the couple holding hands and gazing lovingly at each other; really sweet.

This is the way they dress every year for this event. I think of it as "island wear." Queen Sofia wears pajama-like outfits year after year, usually in loud flowery fabric.
Always a weird {dress} time for the SRF. Men stuffy and the women odd. This year the only outfit of the three females worth a nickel was Letizia's. Other two look comic book fashion. If they were not SRF, fashion editors would be screaming.

Yes they are indeed,she never leaves home without them :D
Yes, they must have a sensual, private or intimate meaning to her that she wears so often. Probably brings back a special time for her and Felipe. I had a piece of jewelry that did the same for my husband and myself. You just can't beat the memory it conjures up!;)

Last edited by a moderator:
I like this dress. So pretty. I would have loved to see a great pair of earrings like her aquas.

Letizia on Saturday at the Opening Ceremony of the 125th IOC Session in Buenos Aires, Argentina.
http://www4.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Princess+Letizia+125th+IOC+Session+Day+3+yBGq7I4pAcox.jpg
http://www.semana.es/elarmariodeletizia/wp-content/blogs.dir/5/files/gtres_u235484_051.jpg?96b661
Many times recycled, but this has always looked good on her. Simple and cool.

This is such a lovely dress with all the embellishments. I just wished she styled her hair slightly differently.

Fantastic dress! She looks lovely.

Love the dress, fits like a glove. Do also wish she had styled her hair differently.

It may be an oldie but it's a goodie! She looks great-chic and yet not stuffy. A nice look for her.:flowers:

Letizia at the Liber 2013 dinner in Madrid on October 3, 2013, wearing a short black dress:

** Full view ** Close up **

Lovely black dress matched with a wide belt, black heels and a clutch. Her hair looks lovely with this look.

Last edited by a moderator:
That black dress is very elegant. Love the hair as well.

She look beautiful! I especially like that she wore her chandelier earrings!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom