Princess Letizia's Eveningwear Part 4: July 2009 - November 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Btw, can I also add that I absolutely hate the way she stands, with all those model poses. Check out her "Daylife" pic posted by Royalist, as an exhibit.

Yes, I agree. I don't like the model poses very much either. I don't blame her for the dress or stockings (of course I don't like one of them), but the shoes look absolutely tacky & horrible to me, JMO.
What happened with Letizia? :ermm:

Waaaaaaa I love Letizia in this Dress, she is just splendid with...

Now, this dress I absolutely love. She looks gorgeous in it. The chandelier earrings are adorable. See, she does have her redeeming moments and when she does, boy, she throws it out the park. The shoes again are horrible but they can be forgiven as they are mostly hidden.

An absolute A+ from me!!

I really like the two gowns she wore that look like a long sleeve shirt, a wide belt and a skirt. There's one that's bright pink and one with a white shirt and black skirt that I think are really different and look flattering on her.

Waaaaaaa I love Letizia in this Dress, she is just splendid with...
Me too :flowers:
I think that this gown is going to be my all time favourite on Letizia, she looks simply stunning each time she wears it. I wish she had a different hairdo, maybe an updo, that would be perfection. Love the earrings.

A particularly disastrous look.
Letizia’s arms and legs are far too thin to wear such a short sleeveless dress, its fabric isn’t nice to begin with and tailored so badly that she looks as if she had no torso left to her body, and the glimmering tights and shoes are simply vulgar.

Not only an inappropriate style for a Princess, but also the quintessential ‘Fashion Victim’ look:
Wear everything awful that's wrong for you because it's supposed to be in (mainstream) fashion.

Full view:
http://img100.imageshack.us/img100/1769/ppe09112364.jpg

Shoes:
http://img69.imageshack.us/img69/9307/16701452.jpg

Boris,I agree with all what you said.
I am sorry to say that this look is vulgar and ridiculous.
The dress is awful specially the waisline.With this short and slevess dress she attracted our eyes to the worst parts of her body:arms and legs.
Not to mention those sandals combined with black stockings:sick:
I will have expected such a look on a teenage girl but not on a future queen.
Who says that she is not intested in fashion.For me,she is the typical fashion victim.She neither dress according to her age nor to her rank.
I don't know what happens to her.All her poses are ridiculous.
Today, I am totally shocked and disappointed by her look:bang:

She looked very good at the Foreign Press Association awards in London, but in my opinion, she should have tried some hairdo, at least a chignon.

Minidresses are in now. I like this, Letizia looks good. I like the colour and the "belt" makes an interesting detail.
Daylife
Daylife
It's a cute dress by itself. But because the skirt flairs out it actually makes it look a little like a maternity dress. And I agree it's too short for her age and her position.

WOW! Navy Dress, stunning. Love the satin contrast on the shoulder, and it is tailored perfectly. Would like to see some sapphires somewhere. P Letizia looks radiant, and the just as a princess should. Glad this look redeems the earlier disaster of the week.

I remember this blue gown from when she wore it before. It loved it then and I still love it on her! I hope she recycles it more.

The midnight blue gown might indeed be the best evening dress she has currently - good to see it again after two disasters in a row. It's true that this dress practically screams for putting the hair up, but unfortunately Letizia doesn't seem to go for an updo at all anymore.
The dress also proves just how much better she looks in strong colors and how wrong and unflattering all the constant greys and neutrals are for her.

Princess Letizia should not follow the fashion dictated by trends so strongly but what she knows suits her.

This blue dress is fantastic, I wish that Letizia would wear more blue.
Daylife
Back view
BelgaPicture

I adore this blue dress, Letizia looks stunning :flowers:

Minidresses are in now. I like this, Letizia looks good. I like the colour and the "belt" makes an interesting detail.
Daylife
Daylife
And Letizia keeps her own line at her shoes
Daylife

The minidress loos wonderful on Letizia. She can depart from the "princess" look every now and again. :)

I agree with you about this look
this dress, this look would be nice for a very private and "light" dinner or party with some privates friends ...home or in a restaurant...
but not for this kind of official event as a Princess
and yes in 2004 at the same event she was beautiful with abslotly stunning look
You can notice that for several events years after year ...Pascual , premios des asturias, national day ....
I don't know what happen to her , but she has definitively stopped to be a very very very elegant Princess since Sofia Pregnancy
I am very nostalgic of her first years looks as a princess, when she was engaged, and all the periods before Infanta Sofia
Now she is just a woman nice dressed , more or less nice dressed sometimes ...

Felipe Varela has also changed. The majority of his clients used to be older women, now he has been targeting at the younger crowd and follows the mainstream fashion a lot closely. The coutures specially made for Letizia (ex. the PoA awards ceremonies, baptism, Charles' or WA's birthday gown) were still classic attires, the clothes pulled from the racks were more fashion forward since Varela has his own 'market' to address.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom