Princess Letizia's Eveningwear Part 2: July 2008 - February 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This green dress suits Letizia very well. This time she had a different purse than last time:
2007:
Getty
Monday:
Belga

I´ve never seen before the last gown (the red one with the Prussian tiara), but it´s very beautiful! I think it´s my favourite one.:flowers:
How many times has she wore it? Just one? IMO, it´s much more beautiful than the black-white one, which she repeats a lot!

I have changed my mind too. Not sure about being able to alter the neckline but the colours are definitely not the same. But strange to own two such similar pieces! Maybe the first one caught moths and she needed a replacement. It's a piece that can be worn for the next 40 years, yes, but please give it a break now.

She was 'criticized' wearing the sash the wrong way with the first top (Elena had done exactly the same before and nobody cared). Since the gown can be worn the next 40 years, she could always save the original top to wear at the occasions without the silly sashes.

Yes I was thinking the same, in addition to that a one-shoulder gown might be seen as "not suitable" as a state gown (the days of low necklines and wonderbra are long gone for Letizia) and apart from state occasions / dinners of honour for foreign dignitaries and the two occasions in January the SRF hardly uses long gowns / attends black tie events. Not more than one or two per year.

The last 2 years, there were more occasions she wore long gowns without tiara or sash than with. Some foreign dignitaries were only in Spain for an official visit. She can wear that blue gown as long as the visitor is not the Saudi King. She recycled the pink layered skirt about 3 times the last 2 years.

The green gown was tailored for the state visit of Vladimire Putin, it fits the Russsian scenes perfectly. The gown looked a bit boring for the Argentine visit. Cristina's outfit looked more fun, probably would have looked better on Letizia. However Letizia's hair and makeup were perfect. I'm surprised that the Prussian tiara looked better with the loose hair.

http://www.zimbio.com/pictures/Jk3zrMLJsEp/Spanish+Royals+Host+Gala+Dinner+Honoring+Argentina/0WQzC4b8fKe
http://dagmarnat.smugmug.com/gallery/7318288_cHGnJ#471213558_PkNdQ

I am sorry for Letizia's fans, but really don't like that green skirt with that top, it looks like a bag,the skirt's meterial looks too cheap, and the shape doesn't flatter her skinny figure at all!

The black dress is beautiful and suits her very well. I also like the purse and the hairdo.
Too bad those shoes.!:nonono:
PIC

I hate to stir the pot on this, but I think that Letizia looks awful. This dress is better suited for summer. Her stick-thin arms and legs have an odd gray sheen and look like wax.
No stockings - in winter?
And the shoes? Another misstep.

I hate to stir the pot on this, but I think that Letizia looks awful. This dress is better suited for summer. Her stick-thin arms and legs have an odd gray sheen and look like wax.

I think that she has stockings. And her legs don´t look so thin to me.
Infanta Board/Foro Hispanico de Opiniones sobre la RealezaHispanico de Opiniones sobre la Realeza

I'm pretty sure she wore pantyhose, even the platform shoes didn't look bad this time IMO. She always has thin arms and legs, that's the way she looks, many would prefer her arms (rather toned) than bingo wings. Many models have very thin arms and legs too, it doesn't mean they can't wear sleeveless dresses :).
http://i42.tinypic.com/30mxymd.jpg

I'm pretty sure she wore pantyhose, even the platform shoes didn't look bad this time IMO. She always has thin arms and legs, that's the way she looks, many would prefer her arms (rather toned) than bingo wings. Many models have very thin arms and legs too, it doesn't mean they can't wear sleeveless dresses :).
http://i42.tinypic.com/30mxymd.jpg

Letizia is not a model, she is a crown princess. In the summer with a tan this dress would look sensational on Letizia. In the winter, it looks out of place.
I presumed that she was not wearing pantyhose because the color of her legs matches her arms exactly. Sheer black pantyhose would have looked better.
These shoes without the platform would look great, but the platform looks awkward and cheapens the overall look of the outfit.

Actually,I find her make-up very nice.It makes her look so fresh and impressive at the same time.It's the outfit with the huge green skirt that I'm totally bored of :rolleyes:

i know i have said it before but i really want Letizia to recycle the blue sequined dress from september 2004 - failing that i like the dress from october 2007 the one with the red top and brown skirt. And of course i like to see what the dress from Charles's birthday looked like but i agree that as it probably isnt quite right for a state gala - abit like the lovely white dress she wore at Willem's brithday or the black version at the opening of the Prado in 2007

Well 2 more galas in the next two months - lets wait and see

Has Letizia ever re-worn the stunning red dress from the Fred and Mary wedding in Denmark and the dress she wore to her own pre-wedding gala?
Those dresses were beautiful and deserve a second outing - especially the red dress.

Has Letizia ever re-worn the stunning red dress from the Fred and Mary wedding in Denmark and the dress she wore to her own pre-wedding gala?
Those dresses were beautiful and deserve a second outing - especially the red dress.

The dress from her own pre-wedding gala was remodeled and worn in january 2005 and has not be seen since

She has never worn the red dress again probably never will - it has become so famous that if she did it would over shadow the event

Probably you'reright PrincessofEurope but I've hope that she will.

The red dress could be copied in other colors with subtle changes. The style was so perfect - nothing Letizia has worn since has matched the perfection of that dress.
I believe that it designed by Caprile -

Pamk that's good idea but... if the dress will be copied with other colour wuold the effect be the same as it was/is with red?

The red dress could be copied in other colors with subtle changes. The style was so perfect - nothing Letizia has worn since has matched the perfection of that dress.
I believe that it designed by Caprile -

Agree. I saw one German tabloid magazine changed red color to blue and looked extremely good too. I also think the black gown (Caprile's favorite gown on Letizia) she wore to Vatican should be copied in other colors, maybe with a little change (ex. shorten the sleeves). In general, she looked better wearing a one-piece gown. I'm tired of seeing her with a two-piece gown, then bought a new top or skirt later trying to save money.

http://cache1.asset-cache.net/xc/51...E3E7DB8E31417A7F1CC7E5D8003F6284831B75F48EF45
http://cache3.asset-cache.net/xc/51...E3E7DB8E314178F2287A7CE36B0CC284831B75F48EF45

Pamk that's good idea but... if the dress will be copied with other colour wuold the effect be the same as it was/is with red?

The tailor can make a small change or use different fabrics. Look at Victoria's evening gowns, most of them look similar in style.

Princess Letizia is very beautiful, especially her make up wearing evening dress, not too heavy and very suitable. I prefer she wears in red and white or silver, these are absolutely her colours. I think the recent green dress is also good-looking but the cutting of the dress has hidden her nice body shape. :bee:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom