Princess Letizia's Eveningwear Part 10: October 2013 - June 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

iceflower

Administrator
Site Team
Country
Germany

Welcome to Part 10 of the thread for Princess Letizia's Eveningwear!

You can find the old thread here:

** Princess Letizia's Eveningwear Part 9: August 2012 - October 2013 **

Please take a look at the
TRF Community Rules & FAQs!

· Only pictures you have written permission to share can be posted here. You can post links to any pictures.
· No more than 20% of the text of an article can be posted, along with a link to the original article.
· It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles.
· We expect our members to treat each other and the royals and persons in these threads with respect.
· Opinions should be backed up by reference to published reports.
· Off topic and empty posts will be deleted without notice.
· Please be careful not to write in capital letters.

:flowers: Happy Posting! :flowers:

Letizia's green dress was very pretty and she looked good. That shade of green suits her, and I quite like the silver embellishments - they remind me of flowing water.

The pants are very Olivia Newton John,it was nice in Grease in 1978 but looks silly on the future queen of Spain. Its 1 step forward and 2 backwards with Letizia and her inappropriate wardrobe choices.

Horrible! This is a disco outfit for a young single, not for the future Queen of Spain, mother of 2.

Horrible! This is a disco outfit for a young single, not for the future Queen of Spain, mother of 2.

My 1st thoughts were 'is Letizia doing an audition for Grease the Musical' :D

She looks awesome, but agree it´s not so suited for ths kind of event.

I agree with you guys, great outfit, but not appropriate for this event.

My 1st thoughts were 'is Letizia doing an audition for Grease the Musical' :D

:lol: I agree, Letizia's outfit is very Grease-esque. I like it, but it's more suited to a 70's/early 80's themed party rather than an official awards ceremony.

Last edited:
She looks silly. Yes, she has the figure for it but specifically for the event she's attending, this couldn't be more inappropriate. It also seems a little desperate to for a woman in her 40s (even though she looks good) to wear this for "work" event.

She looks divine and so hot! BUT WHY for this event??? It's looks unapropriate and insulting to the people attending the event.

I don't know what everyone else was wearing but Letizia's outfit is pretty on trend. Leather trousers, blazer, clean shirt and a pair of eye popping heels has been the 'uniform' of many celebs for the past 2 years or so.

After reading all the statements about how inappropriate this outfit looks, I was surprised when I looked at the pictures because I was expecting something completely different! Yes,leather pants still have that "rock´n´roll-attitude" to it,
but paired with a simple white shirt and black blazer I find the combination is alright. The only thing that was a little bit "off" in my eyes are these shiny red shoes, a less flashy pair of shoes might have given the outfit a more "professional" touch and less "Disco Glam". At least no one can say that this outfit looks boring or dull :D

Last edited:
After reading all the statements about how inappropriate this outfit looks, I was surprised when I looked at the pictures because I was expecting something completely different! Yes,leather pants still have that "rock´n´roll-attitude" to it,
but paired with a simple white shirt and black blazer I find the combination is alright. The only thing that was a little bit "off" in my eyes are these shiny red shoes, a less flashy pair of shoes might have given the outfit a more "professional" touch and less "Disco Glam". At least no one can say that this outfit looks boring or dull :D
I think people are a little tired of the pants with white shirt look.
Now that Spain has emerged from recession, maybe the white shirts won't rule the roost.

I don't know what everyone else was wearing but Letizia's outfit is pretty on trend. Leather trousers, blazer, clean shirt and a pair of eye popping heels has been the 'uniform' of many celebs for the past 2 years or so.

You are so right :flowers:, but she isn't a celeb. As I said - night out; disco; dinner date - she looks amazing. Official event? IMO its not appropriate.

You are so right :flowers:, but she isn't a celeb. As I said - night out; disco; dinner date - she looks amazing. Official event? IMO its not appropriate.

Exactly the future Queen of Spain doesn't need to be confused with those dreadful Celebrity persons.

When I hear the word disco I think of big hair, lots of glittery pants and rollerblades so hence why I didn't get it's inapproriate at first. :lol:

It is underdressed, though I think the outfit itself is pretty great.

Are there photos of the other guests? Because I am totally confused as to what she was thinking...

Even though I don't like the tight leather pants, the deal breaker is the bright red pumps. It would have looked just a little less ridiculous without those shoes, imo.:sad:

The leather pants are hideous but her overall is quite nice.

Are there photos of the other guests? Because I am totally confused as to what she was thinking...

Maybe Princess Charlene has started a trend by wearing skin tight black tights to official events and Princess Letizia is following it.

The only thing I can say in the defense of this ensemble horribilis is that it was possible her Halloween trick or treat outfit and hadn't time to change?

Letizia in black and white at the 'La Razon' Newspaper 15th Anniversary Party in Madrid on November 4, 2013:

** Full view ** Full view 2 ** Upper part ** Close up **

Letizia looked very good yesterday evening. That glamorous jacket combined to nice blouse, pants and shoes shows how Letizia can look gorgeous with a little effort. And those great earrings give the extra touch.

The good thing about Letizia is that when she does something disastrous like the black leather leggings with red pumps, she almost always bounces back immediately with something like this.

She looks as gorgeous and as elegant as I have ever seen her look!:flowers:

Letizia look fabulous yesterday evening,I'm also really liking that she's changing her earings a lot lately!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom