Princess Letizia's Eveningwear Part 10: October 2013 - June 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Pure perfection yesterday evening. The colour and the cut of the outfit, just great.

A lovely red dress which is also very flattering. Black or red shoes would've looked much better. Her hair looks great! Its done very nicely and the ruby earrings look really pretty.

I agree she looks wonderful. Again, shoes should match an outfit, not an altogether different color, no matter what the season. Matching red [note other woman in red dress] would have been perfect. The silly notion that a colored shoe cuts one off and nude/tan shoe makes them look taller is downright silly. It just distracts from the overall presentation of the outfit.

Although I'm not too fond of this grey-beige shade, I must say Letizia looked fantastic from head to toe. Her make-up was perfect for her!

:previous: Ugh, the width of those mustard coloured sashes don't do anyone any favours let alone someone as fine boned as Letizia,

Letizia's gown is about as elegant as a black dress can get but hey, what else can you match with mustard.

One odd thing, I don't know whether it is the way her tiara is made or the way it was placed but it looks off centre or cock-eyed.

http://www4.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Spanish+Royals+Host+Dinner+President+Mexico+P_Th1n-IB6Xl.jpg

http://www4.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Spanish+Royals+Host+Dinner+President+Mexico+MXkE2zS2jUIl.jpg

http://www3.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Prince+Felipe+Spanish+Royals+Host+Dinner+OTqMtRkm_2Kl.jpg

The placement of the badge/order is also weird and would have looked better up on her left as Q Sofia had and using a small brooch to anchor would have at least kept the sash straight, sort of.

Letizia in black at the gala dinner in honour of Mexican President Enrique Pena Nieto at the Royal Palace on June 9, 2014:

** Full view ** Upper part ** Upper part 2 **

I thought she looked fabulous, well done Letizia! If I am not mistaken, this was the gown used for the dinner in Amsterdam in April 2013 the evening before the Dutch abdication and inauguration.

Last edited:
Princess Letizia looked stunning last night,a brooch on that sash would have completed the look.

Princess Letizia's Eveningwear Part 10: October 2013 -

:previous: Ugh, the width of those mustard coloured sashes don't do anyone any favours let alone someone as fine boned as Letizia,

Letizia's gown is about as elegant as a black dress can get but hey, what else can you match with mustard.

One odd thing, I don't know whether it is the way her tiara is made or the way it was placed but it looks off centre or cock-eyed.
The placement of the badge/order is also weird and would have looked better up on her left as Q Sofia had and using a small brooch to anchor would have at least kept the sash straight, sort of.

I couldn't agree more. Letizia looks great and her gown is very chic and elegant. But seeing this sash I think she should have worn a puffy gown as MARG mentioned Letizia is very fined bone and slim. I can't understand why the badge is placed on the sash.!!!!!

It seems to me that the tiara is centrally placed (it lines up with her nose) but perhaps the asymmetrical fringe gives a different impression.

I couldn't agree more. Letizia looks great and her gown is very chic and elegant. But seeing this sash I think she should have worn a puffy gown as MARG mentioned Letizia is very fined bone and slim. I can't understand why the badge is placed on the sash.!!!!!

Yes a brooch would have looked better,it looked a little odd but at least there were no visible safety pins this time.

:previous: Isn't Letizia's usual sash "safety pin" gold and set with diamonds? Or perhaps she wore it at the back and we haven't seen a decent photo of the rear view.

I thought she looked fabulous, well done Letizia! If I am not mistaken, this was the gown used for the dinner in Amsterdam in April 2013 the evening before the Dutch abdication and inauguration.

Yup, the dress and tiara combo are a repeat from the dinner in Amsterdam :)

Princess Letizia looked stunning last night,a brooch on that sash would have completed the look.

And different shoes would have made this perfect. Peep toes and long gowns aren't a good look, imho. Love her hair.

Thought she looked very glam in the black-loved the hair and makeup! I think (hope) we're seeing a change style-wise for the Queen-to-Be!:flowers::)

And different shoes would have made this perfect. Peep toes and long gowns aren't a good look, imho. Love her hair.
But, thank God, at least her shoes were the proper color

how horrible how everyone chose black for the evening! they looked like the adams family... :)
i guess they tried to coordinate that yellow sash with their gala gown, which is tricky enough, but how dreary!

how horrible how everyone chose black for the evening! they looked like the adams family... :)
i guess they tried to coordinate that yellow sash with their gala gown, which is tricky enough, but how dreary!

I thought both the royal ladies looked very regal at the state banquet: the Queen, and the Queen in waiting.

Letizia looked stunning and very regal at the gala dinner. Great to see everyone wearing black, it is so festive. The sash is broad, but it isn't Letizia's or queen Sofia's fault. The floral tiara looks always very good on Letizia and this time, like so many times before, she had a great hairdo with the tiara.

Letizia looked wonderful and elegant at the gala dinner. Lace suits her and she often wears it well - tonight was no exception. I've also always liked The Floral Tiara and it looks nice on Letizia. It's a pity that those sashes give off a clunky appearance.
I also liked her dress she wore during the dinner for the Prince of Asturias Foundation, it's simple yet chic and elegant. Having said that, I don't think her shoes go with her dress a lot. Black ones would've been better.

June 10:
Meeting with the Prince of Asturias Foundation at the Royal Palace, Madrid.

Letizia in a recycled little black dress, nude shoes and a lovely hairstyle :)

Full view: http://www3.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/...Meet+Patrons+Prince+Asturias+klnKflhRraXx.jpg

Close-up: http://www1.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/...Meet+Patrons+Prince+Asturias+Kug7XGtNUidx.jpg

Annie, I don't like her hair but you can't please all the people all the time:flowers: Dress is nice and black shoes would have looked better but overall a nice look.

I love Letizia, she's my fave royal! Always looks so stunning, I love her hairstyle and makeup from latest photos

Sent from my MediaPad 7 Youth using The Royals Community mobile app

Letizia looked stunning and very regal at the gala dinner. Great to see everyone wearing black, it is so festive.

Most likely they stuck with black because of those yellow sashes; anything else would probably look garish.

I think the black worked with the sashes and since it was an evening event even better for the black.

I love the dress, but I think her hair looks kind of skimpy?. It needs more plumping and curly waves to off-set the simple lines of the dress.

I think Letizia looked great on both appearances. I really loved the black dress with the nude heels + the hair style.

I love the dress, but I think her hair looks kind of skimpy?. It needs more plumping and curly waves to off-set the simple lines of the dress.
I think the straight hair doesn't flatter her at all, I would go further and say it made her look quite drawn. The fuller hairstyle she has been wearing lately is much more feminine and attractive on her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom