Princess Letizia's Eveningwear Part 10: October 2013 - June 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Prince Felipe and Princess Letizia at the Delivery of National Young Entrepreneur Award

Letizia recycling her Varela evening dress
I like the hairstyle (fake bob), different earrings would have been great.
I dont like the upper body style of the dress since Letizias shoulders look scary/bony, really unattractive.
Prince Felipe and Princess Letizia at the Delivery of National Young Entrepreneur Award | jose gegundez | photographer
Prince Felipe and Princess Letizia at the Delivery of National Young Entrepreneur Award | jose gegundez | photographer

It's always great to see that dress. So stunning and elegant. One of my favorite looks from her.

Dinner with Association Asturias Patria Querida was a private event, she could wear whatever she felt comfortable with. She looked pretty good with leather pants.

Even so, a dress or business suit would've been better. JMO.

I was disappointed when I saw that the bob was "fake". I thought her hair looked really good at that length and wish she would try cutting her hair to that length. After all, a haircut isn't permanent - it will grow back!

Even so, a dress or business suit would've been better. JMO.

Perhaps, but she didn't represent the institution, could wear whatever she wanted. The picture was a paparazzi picture of them walking to their car. My previous post was mainly towards some overreaction of her leather pants at a private event.
Maybe there is culture difference. Spanish or French women are much more fashion forward. You can see some senior politicians or female ministers wearing mini skirt or funky shoes at public events that could have been considered totally inappropriate at some other countries.

Last edited:
This is definitely the best looking combo with the skirt. Lovely.

Her makeup is usually flawless, so I don't mind the eyelashes. Such beautiful skin..

Not sure they are fake - I agree with Winnie they look like multiple coats of mascara. When I do that mine are that long (also courtesy of my mother, from whom I inherited long lashes)

I like this combo the best too, and I love her earrings.

:previous: I thought her eyelashes looked a bit OTT but went back to look at her engagement photos and if they are she was doing it for the camera in her job. The newer technology of 'Lash Extensions' may be why they seem suddenly so spikey.

I looked back at photos taken around the time of Frederik and Mary's wedding and her lashes were definitely pretty ordinary so, I am going to go with the augmentation theory here.

I wasn't so sure about her skirt at first, but now I've had a better look at it, I like it. It goes well with the rest of her outfit.

Perhaps, but she didn't represent the institution, could wear whatever she wanted.

I just wouldn't wear hotpants or leggings to a dinner myself. (Although I don't usually wear them anyway as they're not my style.) They seem too informal for an event like that, representing or not representing the institution.

The picture was a paparazzi picture of them walking to their car. My previous post was mainly towards some overreaction of her leather pants at a private event.

What overreaction? I've looked at the responses to this outfit and none of them are OTT to me.

Last edited:
The event was very casual and relaxed, young scientists doing humorous talks. Her look was appropriate for the type of event, the people and the place.

The event was very casual and relaxed, young scientists doing humorous talks. Her look was appropriate for the type of event, the people and the place.
Quite a few times Letizia has not dressed appropriately for the event, but considering the tone and participants of this event, I think she looks fine. Actually the outfit is cute.

She looks modern to me, well as for the positions of a princess. How many times I think I said it before, but I will quit. We know she dresses the way she wants, I'm tired of saying it's not propriatte, etc...

Anyway, anyone knows here why Newmyroyals is down? Or where it went? I loved that site, and I used to get updated with news there. I'm so sad.

Way too casual for her position. She could've at least worn proper pants instead of Pyjama looking pants.

The MC Hammer pants are hideous,the event was casual but those pants are just awful.

Whilst I accept the fact that the event was meant to be casual and laid back, I do think that her outfit is a little too casual. Plain white trousers or a casual skirt would've been fine. I'm also not a fan of the trousers/leggins. They're a little too busy for me.

In the minority here but I like the outfit. Those print trousers are very "in" at the moment in London.

Sent from my HTC One using The Royals Community mobile app

:bang: The pants are just plain Ugly period, they look like flannel pj's I wear when it freezing outside.........and that is not evening wear by a long shot. Whether it's IN or Not doesn't mean it's the right thing to wear, Fads come and go all the time in fashion and one should never rely on fashion fads in dressing for any occasion.........it's a waste of money! What is wrong with all these royal women today that are wearing such ugly clothes, what happened to chic, classy, traditional and tastefull clothes? Just because I designer has their name on a piece of clothing does not mean that it is for everyone to wear.....designer are not dressing for you as a person, they are dressing and designing clothes for the masses to make tons of money.

:bang: The pants are just plain Ugly period, they look like flannel pj's I wear when it freezing outside.........and that is not evening wear by a long shot. Whether it's IN or Not doesn't mean it's the right thing to wear, Fads come and go all the time in fashion and one should never rely on fashion fads in dressing for any occasion.........it's a waste of money! What is wrong with all these royal women today that are wearing such ugly clothes, what happened to chic, classy, traditional and tastefull clothes? Just because I designer has their name on a piece of clothing does not mean that it is for everyone to wear.....designer are not dressing for you as a person, they are dressing and designing clothes for the masses to make tons of money.

Very well put. Just because clothing is "in" isn't a reason to wear something and neither is "everyone else is wearing this." She isn't "everyone else" anymore:flowers:

I don't believe I said that something being "in" was a reason for Letizia to wear it. I just commented that they seem quite popular at the moment (even with women older than Letizia). And I think they're fine, not ugly at all.

They might be popular at the moment, but they are definitely NOT for a crown princess! How inappropriate...

I still don't understand why royal women can't wear them. I think whether you think they can't (many commenters on this thread) or you think they can (me and a handful of others) it comes down to whether it's something we personally like or not. We're all making subjective observations. I don't understand why they are inappropriate though - the event was quite casual and they didn't reveal anything they should be covering.

Of course royal women can wear them but... there is a time and a place for them to be worn. re on their own time, shopping, relaxing with their family, etc. I agree that the event was casual so from that stand point they were appropriate. I just feel that she could still be casual but in a more.. regal? way. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom