Princess Letizia's Eveningwear Part 1: May 2004 - July 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I love Letizia in red, I personally, JMO, think the colour suits her well.
The red dress that she wore to Fred and Mary's wedding was my all time favourite royal ball or gala gown. She looked radiant that day.

donnaK said:
I think she looked absolutely stunning in the red dress at the Danish Wedding with her eye candy Prince.

Picture from Getty:
http://img98.imageshack.us/my.php?image=1576c483qj1.jpg

IMO this is the most beautiful she has ever looked! The hair, the jewels, the shoes....there's nothing I would change. I think she was more beautiful here than on her wedding day.

Last edited by a moderator:
I found some old images of Princess Letizia, from one of my favorite blogs, which shows a beautiful black top and embroidered skirt. Click here to see the images (scroll down until you see Letizia.)

I found some old images of Princess Letizia, from one of my favorite blogs, which shows a beautiful black top and embroidered skirt. Click here to see the images (scroll down until you see Letizia.)

I thought it was a great skirt, loved the details but im not too sure about the top

I always find letizia very well dressed the day with pretty suits , dresses etc...
and I'm often quite disappointed of her dresses and her hairstyles the evening ......for example the last time, preignant with her dress white and black ....and also at the dinner of official reception of her marriage (grey one).... and the long green evening dress for a dinner of official reception in favour of a Head of foreign State, (she wore the flowers tiara) Exceptly, the splendid red dress (the most beautiful one i have never seen in my life) for the wedding dinner of Princess Mary
and the stunning top and skirt she wore at Laura Ponte ceremony wedding (but it was day gown)
I never was really agreeably surprised by these evening dresses or evening hairstyle:neutral:

The grey gown she wore at the pre-wedding dinner was beautiful. I like the red dress she wore during F&M's wedding: she was "guapa", but not regal.

I always find letizia very well dressed the day with pretty suits , dresses etc...
and I'm often quite disappointed of her dresses and her hairstyles the evening ......for example the last time, preignant with her dress white and black ....and also at the dinner of official reception of her marriage (grey one).... and the long green evening dress for a dinner of official reception in favour of a Head of foreign State, (she wore the flowers tiara) Exceptly, the splendid red dress (the most beautiful one i have never seen in my life) for the wedding dinner of Princess Mary
and the stunning top and skirt she wore at Laura Ponte ceremony wedding (but it was day gown)
I never was really agreeably surprised by these evening dresses or evening hairstyle:neutral:

The grey gown she wore at the pre-wedding dinner was beautiful. I like the red dress she wore during F&M's wedding: she was "guapa", but not regal.

The tiara was lacking as she wasn't a princess at that stage.

Question - does a gala dress always imply that it's long or can a gala dress be short? Is it always a question of protocol because at some occasions Felipe wears smoking / tuxedo and Letizia wears a short dress, on others a long dress?

When I look at Letizia's long gowns so far, the red one from Denmark sticks out, no question. Since then, maybe apart from the grey pre-wedding dress, they have been quite avarage, no stunner among them.

I hope she doesn't recyle this long black & white Caprile skirt anymore, three times is enough now, time for something new!

I had a look at the occasions she has worn a long dress so far (sorry no pics - maybe someone else can post?):

- Denmark gala eve
- Denmark wedding
- own pre-wedding gala eve
- her own wedding
- 5 State Dinners (Peru, Czech Republic, Latvia, Hungary (same pre-wedding dress, slightly changed), Russia)
- Caprile skirt at 3 occasions (NY, Luxembourg, gala eve for portoguese president)
- Pascua Militar 2005
- Reception of Foreign Ambassadors 2005
- Mantilla with long dress / skirt on 3 occasions (2 speeches, at Vatican)

Not so much in 3 years, hopefully more to come!

If I missed an occasion, feel free to add :flowers:

i was talking about the beautiful completly red dress...not about the set Tob and red skirt

The only dresses I ever thought Letizia looked "wow" good in are the two dresses worn in Denmark, and then maybe the Caprile skirt in NY, with the white shirt over it. She looks better in daytime clothes.

a short yellowish/gold dress with dark brown thick straps. Seems to be a weird choice for letizia, its a nice change but doesnt really suit her, but its a nice summer dress. I also think the color wash's her out abit. though, its a fun dress.

a private dinner at the Real Club Nautico de Palma on July 31, 2007 in Mallorca, Spain
Picture 1
Picture 2
(gettyimages)

I should go shopping ones at Lorenzo Caprile's boutiques. I love the way Letizia dresses. Offcourse there are some dresses i don't like, it is impossible to have the same taste in dressing exactly. But it always fits well, never too big or too tight, always elegant. And i dare say she is one of the best dressed of al royal ladies. :flowers: i do like Rania and Mary style too. L, R and M are dressed well and are elegant.

Another photo of princess Letizia in Holland:

http://cache.gettyimages.com/xc/764...4AD9FDB9CF193633F7A37F02F3BA5244001A375A74CF2

The dress that Letizia wore in Holland was precious, it was really amazing and I think that the simplicity, the elegance and the good taste always are united.
She was really fine,in addition she knew how to complement the dress perfectly with an impressive earrings,a diamond bracelet,an spectacular hairdo and a stylish purse.
The result of all this was.... to be one of the ladies more admired that day.

Last edited:
To me she was also the best! Very beautiful dress and she looked like a Princess

I think she is very lovely , but Iv only really thought she looked fantastic was when she wore that lovely red dress in denmark ! the dress she wore in holland , (I thought ) looked to big for her .

The dress Letizia wore in Holland was so, so beautiful and she looked stunning in it. For me its the second best evening gown of Letizia, first ís the dress dress from danish wedding.

letizia was the best dressed lady in holland that night - stunnning

Thank you for sharing your favorite blog! I'll be visiting this site quite often. Sorry to be off topic, but Victoria of Sweden in that pale gold gown and amethyst jewels....WOW!

Pink dress during a galadinner (18/09/07)

pink dress

pink dress2

I'm not really sure what I should think about this dress.
The bright color really suits Letizia!
I think the dress looks a bit like a blouse combined with a skirt... the upper part is a bit too causal , IMO...
but the skirt-part makes it look really pretty.

pink dress

pink dress2

I think the dress looks a bit like a blouse combined with a skirt... the upper part is a bit too causal , IMO...
I agree, the skirt is very pretty, but it would look better combined with a more formal top.

I agree, the skirt is very pretty, but it would look better combined with a more formal top.

In fact, it's deliberated to avoid to have an outfit too much gala.

Yves Saint Laurent had did this kind of gown with a silk long dress and a silk shirt unformal in acid colors or blue deep one - exactly the same that the silk jersey wore by the Princess for the conferernce about the desertification- and it was half elegant and chic but not somore formal, many more less than a for a great dinner of gala. " the french paradox":flowers:

Sorry, it looks like a golf shirt and a flamenco skirt. Niether fish or fowl. She is lovely and the color is great.

If the skirt had been a mermaid style (tight around the hips and fanned out at the bottom) and the shirt made like a long sleeved button-up with the sleeves rolled up a la Carolina Herrera, this would've worked for me. :wub:

pink dress

pink dress2

The top isnt formal enough for the skirt. also if she matched it up with a belt to give some contrast or at lest to break the color up abit. Skirt is fun so is the color, but the different shade of the top doesnt work for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom