Princess Letizia's Eveningwear Part 1: May 2004 - July 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I completely disagree with you, biboquinhas. The items Letizia's choose's fits her perfectly.

More importantly I've notice with you that it is a matter of taste as well as style. No matter what Letizia wears you constantly knock her down and make uncalled for remarks.

I think that insted of using that horrible Varela suits she could chose maybe Adolfo Dominguez has wonderful things and sometimes using some foreign designers would do marvellous things for her!

How do you know it is a Varela dress? Letizia has been in a few designers also the one youve mentioned Adolfo Dominguez. check out her daywear thread and youll have a list of designers used by Letizia.

This does not look like a Varela creation to me, but I could be wrong.

Letizia Nov 21, 2007 in Madrid in a Black dress with sheer long sleeves with a 3/4 cropped/bolero.

full view 1 -- full view 2 -- back view -- jacket/bolero off
(wireimage, polfoto)

Coat looks new, its a nice elegent piece but i think its a bit too big on Letizia which in my opinion doesnt look to good, but its a nice match with the dress.

Dinner and delivery of the " Prizes to the Internationalization ", supported by the Official Chamber of Trade and Industry of La Rioja
Logroño.23/11
Dress - dress & a coat

Dress recycled from this post

Last edited:
February 8th 2006 - gala dinner offered to the Russian president. Designer Lorenzo Caprile

(GettyImage)

Photo host: ImageShack
http://img515.imageshack.us/img515/7766/zzf279wx.jpg http://img515.imageshack.us/img515/7766/zzf279wx.jpghttp://img515.imageshack.us/img515/7766/zzf279wx.jpg

Letizia recycled this gown on 26 November 2007. Looks like the skirt seems to be more gathered from the side and the top has been changed abit into a "V" neck. The changes imo seem younger.
(ANP)
full view -- close up

Are they the same top? With such different necklines, I'm not sure.

yes same top different necklines;). Letizia somehow seems to change her dress styles which makes them look new which I find intresting.

i just saw the pics of letizia at a dinner for the peruvian president with a new tiara and the fabulous recycled black skirt
she is absolutly beautiful, elegant, smart, glamorous
she is simply Princess Letizia.......
quite thin , ok , but very very nice lady ;)
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/701047-post50.html

Last edited:
The skirt of her last galadress was really beautiful! I already loved it when she wore it the first time.
Well, but I'm not too fond of the top of the dress... it makes Letizia look so unbelievable thin and doesn't do much for her "female curves"... if you know what I mean. I doesn't "create" a waist...
I preferred the cut of the last 2 galadresses she wore: tight top part and a wider skirt.

The white top with the floral skirt was really pretty and I think it looked different than when she wore it with a black top. Black top is typical wear with something like that, the while I think maybe, the cut was very flatteirng but looked nice overall with the skirt. I liked both looks, black & white top.

No, they are not the same top. It is interesting to me why the princess chooses to wear dresses that are so similar but that is her choice. It was originally thought by some posters to be the same but upon closer look it is obvious that the top part and perhaps even the skirt are different. Similar but different. There are more posts pertaining to this in the thread for the State Visit of Romania, especially on pages 2 and 3.

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f21/state-visit-romania-november-26-28-2007-a-14890-2.html

As for the most recent gala dress worn by Letizia, the white top and black floral skirt. I love the two pieces but I was not completely fond of them together. I just did not think that the skirt needed a heavy type of piece on the top. It was kind of like the two pieces were competing for attention, imo.

Last edited by a moderator:
the top worn in the Romanian state visit is the same as the one she wore for the Russian visit the only difference is that she has chosen to wear the top on her shoulder rather than off it hence the neckline appears to be in a v shape

Last edited:
she was quite critisised because of wearing the order under the top (to now place it on the bare shoulder), which is the appropriate thing in my opinion. perhaps that´s why she decided to change the shape of the neckline to cover her shoulders?

13 December 2007 recycling the layered pink skirt for the the third time but this time with a long sleeved top with black buttons down the back and a black belt.

front view -- back view
(pictures posted by lula)
Check this post for recycled pictures of this skirt

December 14, 2007 Looks like a whole new outfit well the jacket/dress does. This is a lovely look but could be improved. The dress/coat/ jacket whatever you want to call it would look much nicer with black stockings ( yes black stockings:rolleyes:). The coat/dress is just lovely with the sil belt used.
Full view -- Side view -- Front view
(pictures posted originally by Lula & anp)

Last edited:
13 December 2007 recycling the layered pink skirt for the the third time but this time with a long sleeved top with black buttons down the back and a black belt.

front view -- back view
(pictures posted by lula)
Check this post for recycled pictures of this skirt

(pictures posted originally by Lula & anp)

I love this skirt!:wub: It really suits here!

I agree... not flattering at all.
She usually uses much better dresses...

This kind of baby-doll dresses are in style and trend right now, but I don't think it suits everyone.
It looks like a Sack on Letizia.

The pink dress looks great! I love the version with the different top.

The dress looks nice, lovely shaded fabric. Letizia pulled it off nicely since she has the figure for it.

I think this "baby doll" looked very nice on Letizia.

Last edited by a moderator:
The recycled jacket and the new skirt are a really nice combination.

The recycled jacket and the new skirt are a really nice combination.

Its very nice but I think a little matronly for some in her age range. That dress is something I'd like to see on Queen Sophia.

The jacket is nice but recycling to the same event imo isnt I would expect. The skirt seemed abit too long and Letizia seemed somehow lost in it. I was abit dissapointed from the overall.

Its very nice but I think a little matronly for some in her age range. That dress is something I'd like to see on Queen Sophia.

I agree. Beautiful combination, but not well suited for the Princess.

Jan 9, 2008 in a dark grey/black dress that has thin emrodiery lines.
Pretty neat dress but abit too old for her. Like the length & color.
Full view -- close up 1 -- close up 2
(anp)

Jan 10, 2008 at an award ceremony.
Im wondering if this is a skirt or dress with a jacket worn on over it. I think the whole outfit is nice, like the jacket fit & cut.
Close up -- Full view
(hola pictures)

Last edited:
Did she really cut her hair, or is it pinned?
I the really like the dark knit-looking dress but I'm sick of seeing the opaque hose!

I like the hair and I like the black/grey dress but overall her clothing is just too matronly for her. She carries herself well and is quite elegant and she needs a style that suits her. I would like to see her in Chanel suits and Vera Wang or Stella McCartney gowns. Simple, clean, elegant. Thats all she needs.:flowers:

The best galadress Letizia wore the last year was the white dress in Holland!
This one was so beautiful!
She looked just perfect.
The other dresses were nice and okay, but non was able to beat the white one!
It is my favourite dress she ever wore!

I wonder if she will ever again wear that famous red dress from the Danish wedding?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom