Princess Letizia's Daytime Fashion Part 7: April 2009 - June 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dazzling

Former Moderator
City
-
Country
France
Welcome to
Princess Letizia's Daytime Fashion

Part 7

The previous thread can be
Found H
ere

TRF Rules & FAQs
*review before posting*

• In order to legally post copyrighted material, you must obtain written permission from the copyright holder.
  • No more than 20% of the text of an article can be posted, along with a link to the original article.
  • It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles.
  • Hotlinking of content from other websites is not permitted.
  • We expect our members to treat each other with respect.
  • Opinions should be backed up by reference to reliable published reports.
  • Empty posts, that is posts that do not add or contribute to the discussion, will be removed without notice.

If you have any questions, please contact a member of the Royal House of Fashion moderating team.

Happy posting! :flowers:

Marmi, GlitteringTiaras, Dazzling, TheTruth

Letizia looked radiant today, I like her outfit, the jacket is precious
BelgaPicture
Letizia had "matching shoes" with her daughters.
BelgaPicture

Love the matching shoes.
Letizias outfit really suits her, very neutral yet very elegant.
Beautiful.
x

The jacket is really beautiful and completely transformed the outfit imo. It would have been very drab otherwsie.

I love, love, love this outfit! The jacket is so pretty. The color and beading are just gorgeous, and it looks great on Letizia. I love the color paired with the white trousers and shirt. This is one of the loveliest daytime outfits I have ever seen her wear.

She looks very pretty, but I would have liked to see her in a dress for Easter, imho.

The outfit is wonderful - however - the trousers are way too tight through the hip area - the fabric is puckering and pulling in the front - one size larger for the trousers and they would have fit just fine.

Letizia had "matching shoes" with her daughters.
BelgaPicture
This is a lovely detail. I quite like the pants and jacket combination, it look simple and elegant. The shoes aren´t my favourites, but they´re fine with the outfit

I dislike very much the shoes of Letizia:nonono:

Letizia's jacket was beautiful and very elegent. I dont think it looked nice with the white shirt/tank top and white pants. Maybe if she wore a nice skirt or a dress. She seems to always dress quite casual to this event while the Queen dresses formal.

Letizia's jacket was beautiful and very elegent. I dont think it looked nice with the white shirt/tank top and white pants. Maybe if she wore a nice skirt or a dress. She seems to always dress quite casual to this event while the Queen dresses formal.

Letizia had skirt at the Mass in 2004, 2005 and 2006. Also Infantas Cristina and Elena have had pants almost every year nowadays, although the Queen has had a skirt suit.

Very Beautiful jacket, but the shirt and pants are too casual and look cheap.
Hideous shoes as always...:nonono:

Letizia had skirt at the Mass in 2004, 2005 and 2006. Also Infantas Cristina and Elena have had pants almost every year nowadays, although the Queen has had a skirt suit.

Yes, it's usually Queen Sofia who is formally dressed (rightly so, I believe). Apart from Sofia the dressing went pretty much downhill after 2006, including the Infantas. Last year they looked like the average women on the street, going shopping; Letizia's outfit was casual ugly.

This year I think it's still casual but nice, the jacket is very pretty, don't like the white pants, they look like jeans but overall it was ok. It's a private event after all but still you would expect royals to dress up a bit for church, not look like going to the cinema.

ImageShack - Image Hosting :: p12tb.jpg
http://www.seegerpress-online.de/topixx/data/pre-SEEGER00136823.jpg
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=238449&d=1145194308
2007 (F&L not present)
Getty Images - Spanish Royals Celebrate Easter Sunday Mass in Palma de Mallorca
http://www.seegerpress-online.de/topixx/data/pre-SEEGER_00200647.jpg

Yes, it's usually Queen Sofia who is formally dressed (rightly so, I believe). Apart from Sofia the dressing went pretty much downhill after 2006, including the Infantas. Last year they looked like the average women on the street, going shopping; Letizia's outfit was casual ugly.

This year I think it's still casual but nice, the jacket is very pretty, don't like the white pants, they look like jeans but overall it was ok. It's a private event after all but still you would expect royals to dress up a bit for church, not look like going to the cinema.

ImageShack - Image Hosting :: p12tb.jpg
http://www.seegerpress-online.de/topixx/data/pre-SEEGER00136823.jpg
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=238449&d=1145194308
2007 (F&L not present)
Getty Images - Spanish Royals Celebrate Easter Sunday Mass in Palma de Mallorca
http://www.seegerpress-online.de/topixx/data/pre-SEEGER_00200647.jpg

I loved her outfit in 2004 especially the skirt and shoes. 2005 was nice and bright with another pair of great hsoes (its a shame she has never repeat this skirt) and 2006 was another nice choice but last year wasnt her best look. However i think that this year she has made a turn around and is really elegant. She is letting her lovely daughters shine in their cute dresses

I like this outfit. Quite casual but ok. Lovely jacket an princess looks so fresh :D

On second glance, this formal jacket has absolutely nothing in common with the too-tight, too casual pants.

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought it was a great outfit, especially without overdoing the jewelry that would have clashed with the details on the jacket. Very spring-y.

Audiences, 14-04-2009

full view
http://www.prismanews.com/IMG/cache-gd2/0fd3a7413e828263ee1f19c0a254a6d4.jpg

shoes
http://www.prismanews.com/IMG/cache-120x180/PRISMA1060444-2-233x350-120x180.jpg

a repeated outfit from a few weeks ago
Casa de Su Majestad el Rey de España

i think it looks nice but it's too casual for the event. it's very honourable to support spanish fashion in general but i don't get why it must be the low end like zara, mango or the infamous varela, these clothes look really nice when on a day out, shopping, picking up kids from school etc but they are not good enough for professional occasions, not for a princess attending an audience and not for a business woman working in an office. given the men wear suit and tie and not shirt and jacket letizia looks quite underdressed among their guests.

why not support the low end designers on private / casual occasions and the more high end designers (who still don't charge a fortune) on professional occasions.

i think it looks nice but it's too casual for the event. it's very honourable to support spanish fashion in general but i don't get why it must be the low end like zara, mango or the infamous varela, these clothes look really nice when on a day out, shopping, picking up kids from school etc but they are not good enough for professional occasions, not for a princess attending an audience and not for a business woman working in an office. given the men wear suit and tie and not shirt and jacket letizia looks quite underdressed among their guests.

why not support the low end designers on private / casual occasions and the more high end designers (who still don't charge a fortune) on professional occasions.
I agree, I don't like this outfit, especially the jacket (awful material). Colours are bad, at easter mass CP looks so fresh in light colours, here she looks sad and tired.
Shoes - nice but not for that event.

i think the skirt is lovely but the jacket seems abit heavy for it - i know those shoes are really popular at the minute but i dont like them

I love Letezia's choice, especialy jacket, but her shoes are unsuitable here. She needs more classical shoes here.

a few closeups from today
jacket - i do like the jacket just not combined with the skirt
top not sure about the colour of the top underneath - dont the right shade to go with the dusty pink in the skirt
shoes

Wow, i think the outfit it rather old for Letizia. The shoes are outstandingly high and uneccesary. :flowers:
x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom