Princess Letizia's Daytime Fashion Part 7: April 2009 - June 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Audiences, 14-04-2009

full view
http://www.prismanews.com/IMG/cache-gd2/0fd3a7413e828263ee1f19c0a254a6d4.jpg

shoes
http://www.prismanews.com/IMG/cache-120x180/PRISMA1060444-2-233x350-120x180.jpg

a repeated outfit from a few weeks ago
Casa de Su Majestad el Rey de España

i think it looks nice but it's too casual for the event. it's very honourable to support spanish fashion in general but i don't get why it must be the low end like zara, mango or the infamous varela, these clothes look really nice when on a day out, shopping, picking up kids from school etc but they are not good enough for professional occasions, not for a princess attending an audience and not for a business woman working in an office. given the men wear suit and tie and not shirt and jacket letizia looks quite underdressed among their guests.

why not support the low end designers on private / casual occasions and the more high end designers (who still don't charge a fortune) on professional occasions.

I agree, she looks too casual lately. She shouldn´t forget that she is a princess and dress like one. The shoes are awful beyond words.

I liked the jacket when she matched with a ladylike outfit, like here http://www.ppe-agency.com/500px/May2008/PPE08052183.jpg

Audiences, 14-04-2009

full view
http://www.prismanews.com/IMG/cache-gd2/0fd3a7413e828263ee1f19c0a254a6d4.jpg

shoes
http://www.prismanews.com/IMG/cache-120x180/PRISMA1060444-2-233x350-120x180.jpg

a repeated outfit from a few weeks ago
Casa de Su Majestad el Rey de España

i think it looks nice but it's too casual for the event. it's very honourable to support spanish fashion in general but i don't get why it must be the low end like zara, mango or the infamous varela, these clothes look really nice when on a day out, shopping, picking up kids from school etc but they are not good enough for professional occasions, not for a princess attending an audience and not for a business woman working in an office. given the men wear suit and tie and not shirt and jacket letizia looks quite underdressed among their guests.

why not support the low end designers on private / casual occasions and the more high end designers (who still don't charge a fortune) on professional occasions.

Totally agree on all points - and the shoes in the photo posted by Princess of Europe - it looks like there is a round black sticker on the sole part of the shoe which should have been removed before wearing -
Letizia looks like she is going on a school run to pick up the kids - not a
professional business event representing the royal family

Mango and Zara are 2 of Spain's biggest clothing retailers so it makes perfect sense for Letizia to wear their clothes. Considering the fact that Spain is currently suffering quite badly during the global recession, it would seem prudent for Letizia to firstly promote Spanish local, popular design and secondly to be seen to be wearing affordable clothing.

It's bizarre how other famous women are usually praised for wearing high street clothing yet when Letizia does it she's just condemned.

I love Letezia's choice, especialy jacket, but her shoes are unsuitable here. She needs more classical shoes here.

The platform on the bottom looks very uncomfortable to walk on, although I understand she wants to look taller next to the very tall prince. And the piece around her ankles looks like it belongs to a different pair of shoes. Guess it's a good thing I don't have to be fashionable.

The jacket is just too heavy for the skirt, I do think it would be great with a pair of pants or jeans though.
I do like the shoes this time, maybe they've grown on me since last time.
I agree that it seems quite casual clothing.
I wish she had not worn the outfit pretty much identically so recently.

Just of curiosity it would be interesting to try on these shoes.
They look quite stout and might be surprisingly comfortable?
Like contoured comfy sandals... ;)

It's bizarre how other famous women are usually praised for wearing high street clothing yet when Letizia does it she's just condemned.

I can't recall any occasion when Letizia was condemned for wearing high street clothing?

She did get some stick for wearing the white Armani pant suit on her engagement day but I think that was not so much because Letizia wore Armani but because her fashion choice added up to the bossy self-presentation she gave that day (wearing the pants in the best sense of the meaning, the infamous let me finish etc).

Whenever Letizia wore high end fashion afterwards, Caprile comes to my mind (just naming one example - red dress at Danish wedding), she received nothing but praise. Same goes for the beautiful suits she wore in the first two years of her marriage, when Varela was still up to scratch with his designs. She never ever looked casual on royal events back in these days but usually does today, thanks to her new low end designs.

Is this skirt from Zara spring-summer collection?

I like the jacket and the skirt but not together, and the jacket is too casual for this event.
PIC
The shoes look so cheap and ugly (fake snake)!:ohmy:
PIC
IMO, this is one of her worst outfits!

I think the outfit and the shoes are really ugly:nonono:

I like the jacket and the skirt but not together, and the jacket is too casual for this event.
PIC
PIC
IMO, this is one of her worst outfits!

Why did Letizia wear these stilettos???:eek: In general they look too cheap.... This kind of shoes does't suit to her absolutely.:nonono:

I like the jacket and skirt, but just like most of the other posters, I don't think that they look good paired together. I do admire the fact that she wears Spanish designers. I don't think it is so terrible that she wears Zara and Mango. It's great publicity for those stores, and it works well for engagements that aren't formal.

I really don't care for her shoes, though. They look too thick and clunky when worn by Letizia, who is a tiny person.

PIC
PIC

Giov, how can you tell if it is fake snake?

Those shoes are ugly, she should dress better, more classic style. She is a princess so she should dress according to her position and the event she's attending.

I have found Letizia's skirt in Mango shop here in Portugal price 40€ ;). I think it is lovely that Princess Letizia wears some Mango and Zara clothes, these are clothes that most everyone can use and buy and more these are Spanish brands and that is also very important for her!!:flowers:

It's very nice outfit. I love the scarf. The details of scarf look very pretty.

Nice outfit. I think, the leather jacket is repeat (Mallorca weekend, dont rember the year).

I like this outfit very much.Pink is my favourite colour and she is classic and elegant :flowers:

They are by Mango. I somehow doubt they sell real-snake skin shoes. ... but who knows..

We do not have a Mango store in my area so I do not know what their merchandise look like. I will be in Europe next week so I have to check out a Mango store.

Princess Letizia attended today the Spain's Youth Volleyball Championships in Huelva:
El Comercio Digital
El Comercio Digital
El Comercio Digital
A nice outfit, fits for the occasion.
A casual outfit, according to the event, it´s quite good. I would have prefer it in another colour, though, maybe a brighter one. I think that these colours make her look a bit pale.

This is a really beautiful outfit :flowers:

We have lots of Mango stores here in Portugal and lots more in Sapin, has it is a Spanish Brand. Some Mango clothes are made from a very cheap material, Mango and Zara are very most alike, we can find lovely clothes in Mango, lovely casual and daytime clothes, lovely tunics, skirts and shirts, all for daytime ocassion. We can also find some dress for special ocassions but most of them are bumpkin and very poor material that is why they are cheap. However I like to buy in Mango, I have jackets and some tunics and some knitt wear are lovely, but to me not the ideal clothes for Letizia to wear in a public apperance. For Mallorca holidays they are Ok, but not for a Zarzuela apperance.

Thanks biboquinhas, it is great when people provide information like this for those of us who live in places where something is not familiar to us, in this case the two brands. It helps us to understand the discussion more fully, rather than completely guessing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom