Princess Letizia's Daytime Fashion Part 5: November 2008 - February 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I respectfully hope otherwise :rolleyes: - why she keeps wearing shoes which look clumsy and weird on her thin legs is beyond me. A waste of good money imho. Someone free this fashion victim :D

It's weird, because when I read the phrase, "Fashion Victim" my mind was right over other crown princess, whose almost all her shoes collection belongs to a very famous brand................................................................................................... PRADA.:whistling:

Once upon a time.... So sad that she had to become a 'fashion slave' in order to appear taller. That seems to be the only reason for her to resort to such unflattering shoes. Stand Tall, Letizia, and be proud that your husband is so tall!! Felipe is not slouching so stand straight and upright and LOSE those awful shoes! Your feet are taking away from your beauty and that is just silly!

I know it is OT in this thread, but isn't it better to own a few pairs of high-class-Prada-pumps, which one could wear for year, because they not "fashion" but "classic-style"? IMO it is.
Buying loads of ugly platforms in every available color, which are going to look dated in next year is weird.

But it's same with my co-worker and me, she buys only low-budget things, and she really owns loads, but she has always something "new". I own a more expensive wardrobe, but only things I can wear for years, because nothing look dated and mixed with other things it is always a complety different outfit.
I would prefer one PRADA-dress over 10 Varella-dresses.

Edit: To stay on-topic: I think Letizia should hire a stylist, a nice lady with a sense for style, who can show her what's flattering, coming around f. e. once a week to plan the wardrobe for the next engagements

I know it is OT in this thread, but isn't it better to own a few pairs of high-class-Prada-pumps, which one could wear for year, because they not "fashion" but "classic-style"? IMO it is.
Buying loads of ugly platforms in every available color, which are going to look dated in next year is weird.
I completely agree, nice post jinigirl!
That's, by the way, why the high-fashion labels are so sought-after. Labels like Chanel, Boss, Prada [most of the time] are labels that look chic and classy for a long time.

Last edited:
A WONDERFUL post, jinigirl, and one that has made the most sense of all!! You Nailed it and good for you. :)

Her platforms are some of the ugliest things I have ever seen - they look like a stripper's shoes.
Do anyone know where they are from? Arn't they YSL's?

But somehow, Letizia's pairs seem a little more cheap-looking, and also the front of the shoe is not quite the same, so I could be very wrong ..

It's weird, because when I read the phrase, "Fashion Victim" my mind was right over other crown princess, whose almost all her shoes collection belongs to a very famous brand................................................................................................... PRADA.:whistling:
Well you are very entitled to that opinion which apparently is that Princess Mary is a fashion victim. However, that won't change UserDane's opinion about Letizia also being one - so why bother make the comparision if I may ask ? ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, you are fond of using this particular term at leisure in other quarters. But surely, if you can use it yourself, you can stomach others using it as well ?:nonono: :nonono: ....or .......?

i struggle to see how letizia, with her everyday "uniforms" and (even though we don't like her) "uniform" shoes - the platforms, can be a fashion addict. i think she tries her best to look presentable and appropriate but never over the top or too fashion victim, except when the situation truly requires it.

Carlota, if you read all the previous posts, you will see that the term popped up in a humerous exchange about the ruling shoe fashion - and when not to be a victim of it ;)

She should keep on wearing the clothes and shoes she likes!

Can members please move on from the platform shoe debate? It's becoming very old and tiresome reading the same inane rhetoric over and over and over again.

Thanks

Edit: To stay on-topic: I think Letizia should hire a stylist, a nice lady with a sense for style, who can show her what's flattering, coming around f. e. once a week to plan the wardrobe for the next engagements
Because wasting money on a stylist in the middle of a global recession is such a good idea :whistling:

I won't hold my breath, but I Am hoping and keeping my fingers crossed! She Really is sooo lovely...

It is surprising to see Crown Princess Letizia spending money on such expensive bag.

It is surprising to see Crown Princess Letizia spending money on such expensive bag. According to some of her ardent followers, she is supposed to be frugal with right priorities.
Of course Letizia has other IMPORTANT priorities than to wear new and expensive suits.The strange thing is that you have not noticed this before.
She spent 1120 in a bag, but she could also large amounts of money on clothes, shoes, jewelry etc and she quite moderate her consumption. I hope this does not bother her ardent opponents.

Let us see about moderate consumption. As you know, the appetite comes with eating...

I like this bag. Yes, it is very expensive; however, it is lovely. I am not surprised that a royal would carry an expensive bag.

Burberry quilted jackets and trenches might be viewed as a good investment. A bag by Burberry is not somewhat I would invest such sum of money into. Some models are just adequate, whereas others are tacky. I would say that bags by Dior, Chanel, Loius Vuitton (collections "Suhali" and "Epi" only), or Hermes can be considered as a worthy inverstment because of their timelessness. At the same time, Crown Princess Letizia is free to buy items she likes.

Maybe the itmes were gift/freebie's from Burberry as a way of good advertising of the company

Of course Letizia has other IMPORTANT priorities than to wear new and expensive suits.The strange thing is that you have not noticed this before.
She spent 1120 in a bag, but she could also large amounts of money on clothes, shoes, jewelry etc and she quite moderate her consumption. I hope this does not bother her ardent opponents.
actually this bag could have been a birthday or Christmas gift -- quite common to purchase a beautiful bag to give to sister, sister-in-law, daughter-in-law or just a friend.

Maybe the itmes were gift/freebie's from Burberry as a way of good advertising of the company
I think you are right!
It seems that the Spanish Royals buy or receive many clothes from Burberry in this period. Letizia's coat and bags, the little Infantas' jackets, the shirts of Cristina's kids in the Christmas card...
Anyway, 1325 euros for that (IMO ugly) bag is expensive, but Letizia has worn an even more expensive Bottega Veneta bag (unless it was a fake one, link) a few weeks ago. Good quality bags are expensive and I prefer Letizia wearing good quality clothes rather than the bad quality ones, but above all I totally agree with Al_bina
At the same time, Crown Princess Letizia is free to buy items she likes.

i think it's a lovely bag. besides, if letizia didn't "fall" for expensive fashion in 5 years, i doubt she will now. i think she is quite well-grounded in that sense. she seems to have some other priorities and that's very nice to see when compared to other (female and newly incorporated) members of royalty.

actually this bag could have been a birthday or Christmas gift -- quite common to purchase a beautiful bag to give to sister, sister-in-law, daughter-in-law or just a friend.

however, i would very much doubt it's a christmas present (letizia wore it before christmas, around november) or a freebie: that's okay for celebrities, but i guess everything the royals wear that has been a gift (specially expensive gifts) is carefully studied before being shown off or wore at official engagements.

Unlike other royal women Letizia doesn't wear expensive designer clothing or couture and has often been seen wearing high-street brands like Mango and Zara to public events.

So I hardly think it's going to break the bank if she chooses to splurge on an expensive handbag once in a while.

Yet another example of the eternal double standard regarding her wardrobe imho.

So I hardly think it's going to break the bank if she chooses to splurge on an expensive handbag once in a while.
Well, I agree. I don't see a problem with Letizia wearing designer brands like that once in a while.. just like you said.

Anyway, the purse isn't my cup of tea. I don't like it although it's a designer purse:lol:(just joking) ;).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom