Princess Letizia's Daytime Fashion Part 5: November 2008 - February 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
After all those words about her shoes I must say that I admire her that she still wear them and can walk with/on them.:D

After all those words about her shoes I must say that I admire her that she still wear them and can walk with/on them.:D

They do look like they would be a good way to strenghthen one's ankles! I admire her stamina.

Strenghthen or break them...lol
Dear Magnik,I believe this happens because she's not a member of the royal forum.I think she should register immediately...you know why!

I don't mean to be negative, but in all seriousness, I don't envy her as she gets older. I am afraid that she may just suffer serious foot/ankle pain. I truly hope not...

Letizia is very elegant with the black coat, she looks beautiful!. iakynthi If Letizia enter into Royal forum (apart from seeing your words devoid of grace), she would continues wearing platform shoes, and I encourage her to continue wear them!They are totally comfortable and are trend (I sometimes get the feeling that people do not look at fashion magazines or follows the trends.....:rolleyes:)

I don't mean to be negative, but in all seriousness, I don't envy her as she gets older. I am afraid that she may just suffer serious foot/ankle pain. I truly hope not...

udyusa,if Letizia wear high-heeled shoes without platform( like sometime ago), she will suffer very serious foot pain.I can assure you that platform shoes are more comfortable.
She could opts for a lower heel but next to a man soooooo tall like prince Felipe i´m sure is very uncomfortable IMO.(I know that feeling....:rolleyes:)

The platforms makes the heels less steep, thus more comfortable. Ex. the dinner for the Jordanian royals, Letizia's platform shoes looked a lot more comfortable than Rania's normal high heels. However I don't like the double platforms she has been wearing lately for evening events, that's too much for me.
The platform shoes are in fashion right now. The Spanish designers proabably gave her a good discount on those shoes.

Please read

Enough jokes about Letizia's platform shoes

They are not strippers shoes nor clodhoppers. By all means share your opinions on whether or not Letizia's shoes are a good match with her outfits. However, to constantly disrupt the discussion with repetitious comments about Letizia's perceived "ugly" shoes (I'm putting it mildly.) is unfair to the other posters who are trying to follow the discussion. Further repetitive posts of this nature will be removed without notice.

Thanks for your cooperation. :flowers:

Mandy
House of Fashion Moderator

Platforms are actually more dangerous than regular heels. Any podiatrist will tell you that the higher the ball of your foot is off the ground the more pressure (and subsequent damage) goes on the ligaments and soft tissue-as opposed to bones. :cool:

I thought Letizia looked good. The black coat was really elegent and liked the match with the purple pumps. The bag is by Burberry also used on the Nov 28, 2008

Princess Letizia, today, visiting the Nuevo Futuro street market with Queen Sofia
Terra
Nice casual outfit, lovely colour. I love her belt.

I love the skirt & scarf, very classy. Although not the most official event when looking at the other ladies (eg Queen Sofia or Infanta Pilar) I find Letizia quite underdressed and the cardigan reminds me of an old ladies' knitting circle.

Well,Camarina,first of all,thanks for your "kind" words!The fact that platform shoes are trendy t h e s e d a y s doesn't mean they are elegant or "high-class looking".I also happen to read r e a l fashion magazines (like Vogue and Harper's Bazaar) and not Cosmopolitan for example.Maybe that's what wou were trying to say...

I love the Burberry bag! Very elegant.

Strenghthen or break them...lol
Dear Magnik,I believe this happens because she's not a member of the royal forum.I think she should register immediately...you know why!
Yes, my dear.

Camarina I know that they're comfortable (I have one pair!) but they not always fit to all outfits. And yes they're fashionable.

Letizia was wonderful today!:flowers:
I like the two outfits, but the grey-purple suit is the best of them:wub:
She looks radiant:clap:!!!!

she looks boring as always and the scarfs are too big... not mention those platform shoes :cool:

I don't think she looks boring per se, but I have seen her look better. I don't care for the big scarves either or the platforms and her pants are way too long! Just my two cents worth. ;)

I like the outfit, especially the trousers and the colour of pullover. But the shoes are :sick:.
Edit: Ah, and I love her scarf :wub:.
The scarf is great ... i like it ... but the shoes !!!?!!!!

May I take back part of my opinion? I really like the coat and I Love the scarf with the coat!! I just think that the scarf is a wee bit much with the outfit... Hope I am making sense here! :)

Last edited:
I swear, the more I look the more confused I become!! Now I am not certain about the ruffles around the collar plus, with the scarf, is there just too much going on? :ermm: Guess this why I am not a Fashion consultant. :D

http://www.rtve.es/resources/jpg/0/4/1228245149740.jpg
http://actualidad.terra.es/addon/img/feed/actualidad/20081202/7225fec5833e9g.jpg
i like this outfit today as it reflects the more informal nature of the engagement

The first outfit she wore in Coruna was lovely - i loved the grey pencil skirt on her the first time she wore it in Asturias and it is great that she has got a matching coat as it completes the outfit - really classy and elegant piece on Letizia and perfect for the event
http://spaansekoningshuis.web-log.nl/photos/uncategorized/2008/12/02/340x.jpg

The grey & purple is just gorgeous - an excellent way to prove that she can recycle well when she wants to ;)

Letizia's trousers are too long - they bunch up around her ankles and then she has on fancy platform shoes which look far too dressy for such an outfit -
The trousers look sloppy and the ugly shoes don't help any -

I like the outfit Letizia wore in the morning, it suited her very well and I like the colours, but i don't like the second outfit at all.
http://i38.tinypic.com/16c800p.jpg
http://i33.tinypic.com/2a5x8ia.jpg
Too casual, IMO, even compared to the other ladies' outfits, and the trousers and the shoes looked terrible
http://i34.tinypic.com/2ewcsk3.jpg.
The fact that platform shoes are trendy t h e s e d a y s doesn't mean they are elegant or "high-class looking".
I totally agree iakynthi!:flowers::flowers:
So many fashionable shoes are ugly and unclassy!

I thought during the morning event (wearing a skirt) the outfit was very elegant. Different story in the afternoon with these horrible ill-fitted trousers and shoes that might have worked with the skirt but don't with the trousers. She looks plain sloppy next to Felipe in his suit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom