Princess Letizia's Daytime Fashion Part 5: November 2008 - February 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The cardigan isn´t my favourite, but the dress is very beautiful. I see the whole outfit "too grey", but it´s an elegant outfit imo.

I agree with the other posters. I like the dress but I don't like the cardigan.

The grey dress is nice and so is the lovely details on the cardigan but together they are abit too much

well I love the cardigan I just think that is too mucht grey putting together with the dress, the cardigna is lovely although a bit casual but lovely :flowers:

I echo everyone else. The pieces are nice separately, but together, they just don't work. The cardigan has too many details on the top (which are lovely), and should never be worn with a necklace. The dress itself is very pretty, but it would have looked nicer with a cardigan of a simpler cut and brighter color. She is wearing too much grey, which is very drab.

The sweater has a very weird fit and does not fit Letizia properly. It has pockets which are useless - you would have to scrunch up your arms to get your hands into those pockets.
Sometimes Letizia wears inexpensive clothes and I applaud her trying to save money. But, many times, cheaper clothes are designed for the teen-age/really young women market and the styles reflect this. These very trendy styles are not flattering to a mature, older woman. Save the cheap stuff for the weekend and wear the nice, classic styles for the work days.
The same for the shoes: cheap shoes look too trendy and can cheapen the whole outfit. Her handbags are beautiful and look expensive. The expensive handbags stick out like sore thumbs with the mishmash of hit-or-miss outfits and tacky shoes.
The pricey handbags cannot save the whole overall look.

Interesting that you should mention that the sweater was weird and ill-fitting, pamk. That was my first thought when I saw it. It appears to be tight at the top where she has buttoned it and yet kind of sloppy elsewhere. Strange choice with the simple yet chic look of the dress.

The dress is extremely lovely. I love the cut and that little flower detail.
I agree with what has been said before: flowerdetail on the dress + cardigan details & necklace: it's too much and all grey in grey (even grey stockings).
But I hope we'll see the grey dress again (combined with simple jewels).

I like her outfit, beautiful dress, only the shoes are ugly.

I think its a great outfit. The dress would look great on its own but the cardi adds something more to the outfit. The jewellery was well chosen too!

03/02 Meeting of the patronage of the 'Empresa y crecimiento' ('Enterprise and growth') Foundation, which objective is to develop the small and medium-sized companies in Latin America

Picture details
Picture details

a repeat at least for the 3rd time

:previous: I love this suit.:flowers:
The skirt and the jacket looks nice together, and the blouse is very lovely - is it black or brown?:ermm:
The only thing I don´t like is, once again, her shoes.

Letizia looks very pretty in her outfit It doesn't matter She has worn it three times. Some Princesses wear low-cut dresses from Prada that are too reaviling (it is a fact but one of them simply expose too much of her cleavage ) other are boring since they repeat their outfits.

< Removed an unnecessary comment that would derail the discourse and that would eventually lead to an argument. Sorry. ~GT>
< Ok GT, thanks- HM ;) >

I like this suit, although I prefered it when she wore it in Germany... without the black stockings.. :rolleyes:
ANP Beeldbank

Last edited:
The suit is all right. However, I do not like an embellished black top. Something lighter with less embellishments would have been much better.

Monochrome is the style for spring and summer and quite nice. It will always look neat and proper. We will see a lot more on fashion runways and large city events., etc. I like idea of dress, hose and shoes all the same color. Gray hose were correct as nude or flesh is completely out of style. Better no stockings at all then nude. The only woman that should wear flesh colored hose are over 60 when their legs are not without veins, etc. -- maybe she could have done without the sweater [unless she was cold] but I think that the necklace she was wearing with the addition of another strand of 24 inch ivory pearls would have really looked nice -- pearls are making a real huge comeback in all colors this year. Beautiful longer pearl earrings would also have been nice.

Anyway, she looked good, neat and pulled together plus she and her husband looked extremely happy together. What more could you want out of life.

I like this suit, although I prefered it when she wore it in Germany... without the black stockings.. :rolleyes:
ANP Beeldbank

I prefer it this way as well, regardless of fashions, some outfit just suit different things IMO.
I wish that Letizia would mix and match more... wearing for example a different black top (with a different neckline or design) or even a cream one would add some variation to the outfit.

Winnie as always you are right! The necless is very beautiful and the grey outfit suits her.

The grey dress is very nice.I like also the cardigan though it hides that nice dress and it seems that it's too tight.The necklace is nice but is too much with the cardigan.I hate the shoes.

The burgundy(i think) is nice.The black top is nice but the details on it are too much with the outfit.I prefer the stockings she had worn in Germany.I love her bag.
Her make-up is very nice

The grey dress is very nice.I like also the cardigan though it hides that nice dress and it seems that it's too tight.The necklace is nice but is too much with the cardigan.I hate the shoes.

The burgundy(i think) is nice.The black top is nice but the details on it are too much with the outfit.I prefer the stockings she had worn in Germany.I love her bag.
Her make-up is very nice

Yes i like her bag - i think yesterday and today were the first time she has used it but i could be wrong

She suits her hair this length as it reminds me abit about the style she had on the day of their engagement

Last edited:
This thread hs been cleaned up and re-opened. In the future please contact the moderators if you think a post here is violiting the TRF rules. Thank you.

ANP Beeldbank

I agree. The red jacket is very pretty with this skirt. I don't care for the black stockings either. The suit looked better without them.

Her make-up is very nice[/quote]

ditto...like her outfit...and prefer it when she wore it with pantyhose..imo this gives her legs bit more volume (looks like) and that looks good to me..
but in the nd its just a matter of taste (and no real secret that i prefer stockings/pantyhose:whistling:)

thanx for the pics too

She looked good with the burgundy jacket and skirt,much better compared to her last appearances,but she still misses that X-factor,in my opinion.

The outfit is very pretty.The red jacket looks very good with the skirt. The bag is very lovely,too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom