Princess Letizia's Daytime Fashion Part 4: August 2008 - November 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not only the clothes that show no effort at all, grabbing the first five outfits from the front of the wardrobe - her hair is a mess too, she even looks sloppy at times. I wonder if there is no hairdresser available in whatever top class hotel they are staying or if this would put too much of a strain on their travel budget. Same here - is it so difficult to do a variation from event to event as she did so brilliantly in the beginning of her days as a princess?

Dressing in exactly the same way at your daughter's first day of school and on the first day of an official visit is simply a poor attitude.

I share all of your opinions: recycle is a good atittude, indeed, but recycle suits so soon is yes a very poor attitude. And to me it is outrageous that she has recycle the troussers and blouse she has wear in Leonor's first day of school... having in mind that is a too casual outfit for formal events.

I only like this outfit
http://i37.tinypic.com/2j0jdj9.jpg,
I don't like all the other outfits Letizia wore in this visit.
I mean, they are ok, except a few accessories, but they are boring outfits, maybe because we have seen all of them so many times already.
(To tell the true, also Letizia looks very bored to me!)
I don't think this the right wardrobe for s visit in another country, because Mexican people will obviously think that are the best clothes one can buy in Spain, though this is not true at all.

... there were no new clothes in Poland either. So far your worst fears have come true. Wow, this fake Chanel-style combo AGAIN. There is nothing wrong with recylcing clothes but why within such a short period of time and never mix and match. The jacket for example would look elegant with a skirt instead of these dreadful skinny pants. God, where have all those pretty suits gone? Even if Letizia has some lending agreements with Varela her wardrobe should consist of enough pieces by now to allow more chic combinations rather than wearing the same outfits all over again and again and again.
It seems like many of Letizia's outfits are loans, which is why you see them so regularly in a relatively short timeframe only for them to disappear.

I'm not saying that you are one of the critics but I remember early on in their marriage there were many people on MB's who used to constantly criticise her lovely suits for being boring and like an anchorwoman. At the end of the day she's never going to please everybody.

Duke of Marmalade said:
Sorry but I see only one who ranks above the Princess of Asturias and that is Queen Sofia. It's her perogative to make use of expensive designers and she does. Letizia should have similar rights and Elena and Cristina should pay their own clothes with their own money, keeping in mind how much they earn from their part time jobs - they can easily afford to wear designer whenever they want to without standing on JC's budget. There is something seriously wrong in the way of distributing the money. Seems it's Borbon first and then whoever married into the family instead of following the rank / number or importance of duties.
I actrually agree with you completely on this, there does seem to be a severe bias towards the "born royals" so to speak, which is wrong imo.

Wow, they have such a tight / busy schedule on this trip, it must be exhausting! I hope they will get a well deserved rest when they get home (a few days at least). I like most of the outfits so far on both Felipe and Letizia. More importantly, I think they are very appropriately dressed on all occasions....Spanish people must be so proud to have them as their CPs.

Wow, they have such a tight / busy schedule on this trip, it must be exhausting! I hope they will get a well deserved rest when they get home (a few days at least). I like most of the outfits so far on both Felipe and Letizia. More importantly, I think they are very appropriately dressed on all occasions....Spanish people must be so proud to have them as their CPs.
It does seem like a buy schedule. Moreover I agree with your last point; her outfits may be repeats but none of them are inappropriate.

Why is that no one critizizes Mary for wearing the same silvery dress within a 2 week period (once for a ballet performance in China and again less than 2 weeks later in Australia) and yet when Letizia does it it's "very poor attitude". I mean who cares?!And more importantly, who is counting other than members on these boards? The Australian public certainly didn't feel offended by Mary's repeated outfit - I should know because I live in Australia - every news program that ran the story commented how beautiful she looked and I couldn't agree more! Is anyone here from Mexico and if so can they please confirm if the Mexican people feel it's very poor on Letizia's part for showing up in repeated outfits? Thanks in advance

She is elegant what ever she wears, repeated or not
She makes what most of the women make in the world when they buy expensive clothes : wearing them several times
Don't you make it yourself?? D'ont you wearing several times your clothes when they are nice?
She buys very expensive clothes with the money of the Spanish taxpayer, and does not throw it through the window by spending millions of euro on every gown, to wear single-use
she is P R O F E S S IO N N AL
If I was Spanish I would be very proud to have CP Letizia as future Queen in comparison to the other Princesses whom I consider free-and-easy in view of the poverty of their countries, wearing each day Valentino; Chanel ; YSL costings billions $

She buys very expensive clothes with the money of the Spanish taxpayer, and does not throw it through the window by spending millions of euro on every gown, to wear single-use
she is P R O F E S S IO N N AL
You are right, she is professional, but IMO she should be professional also in promoting Spanish fashion, hopefully not Varela. IMO she should only choose a better Spanish stylist. That's it.
If I was Spanish I would be very proud to have CP Letizia as future Queen in comparison to the other Princesses whom I consider free-and-easy in view of the poverty of their countries, wearing each day Valentino; Chanel ; YSL costings billions $
Considering that they do not pay a penny for their Valentino, Chanel, Prada, that's not so bad of them!

Ahem, Sweden, Denmark, Norway and Netherlands are some of the most stable and well-to do countries in the world, i dont think if the Queen or Princess buys a Chanel suit it is going to put the economy of the country out of control:rolleyes: and no royal in those countries wears such expensive labels every day. furthermore the spanish economy seems to be able to afford queen Sofias Valentino couture dresses.

Maybe is some middle eastern country it would be different though...

Well this is a fashion threath and I think we can discuss the way Leitiza dresses and recycle her clothes. Of course Princess Mary also recycles her wardrobe but usually is not in such a short period of time and that is what I criticize on Letizia and also wearing the same outfit that she wore in Leonor's first day of school, in a formal parade in Mexico, was a very poor attitude, yes it indeed it was!!!

I find that Letizia - besides recycling her clothing - seems to pair the different components of her wardrobe in the wierdest ways ---
On the day of her arrival in Mexico, at one point, she was wearing a white jacket over a tiered chiffon dress - it looked like a cocktail dress suitable for evening wear.
She seems to have no sense of seasonal dressing. It is Fall now and she is still wearing such summery clothing.
She seems to have such a hodgepodge of clothing pieces - a lot of it just doesn't coordinate together. She should wear new outfits on State visits and then recycle them at home.
She is desparately in need of a GOOD stylist and on overseas visits, a hairdresser/make-up person to keep her looking her best.

The temperature in Mexcio City is 22C, that's hardly autumnal weather.....

Well this is a fashion threath and I think we can discuss the way Leitiza dresses and recycle her clothes. Of course Princess Mary also recycles her wardrobe but usually is not in such a short period of time and that is what I criticize on Letizia and also wearing the same outfit that she wore in Leonor's first day of school, in a formal parade in Mexico, was a very poor attitude, yes it indeed it was!!!

I agree completely. One event was a "private" event - media presence but for a personal reason; the other as you say, a formal parade overseas... :bang:

Four things

- The official receipt to the Princes was not in the airport, was the following day in the residence of the Mexican President.

- The weather is not equal in all the countries. In Mexico still there are hot temperatures. Even in Spain the people in this epoch still use summer clothes.

- In October the Princess will be present at a Visit of State of the French President, an official visit of the Kings of Jordan, the National Day and the Prince of Asturias Awards ... she is going to have many importantn opportunities to have new clothes.

- The Mexicans have not seen her clothes, so it has more felt that she takes advantage of the summer wardrobe in Mexico, and that in the acts of Spain in October has new clothes.

I know that it is recycled, but I really like her white trouser suit. It looks beautiful on her.

Four things

- The official receipt to the Princes was not in the airport, was the following day in the residence of the Mexican President.

- The weather is not equal in all the countries. In Mexico still there are hot temperatures. Even in Spain the people in this epoch still use summer clothes.

- In October the Princess will be present at a Visit of State of the French President, an official visit of the Kings of Jordan, the National Day and the Prince of Asturias Awards ... she is going to have many importantn opportunities to have new clothes.

- The Mexicans have not seen her clothes, so it has more felt that she takes advantage of the summer wardrobe in Mexico, and that in the acts of Spain in October has new clothes.

So, the visit to Mexico doesn't even rank some fresh, new summer clothes? Or accessories?
There are many ways to ease into Fall with summer clothes by using different accessories, jewelry, etc. in order to not look so summery in the Fall heat.
A new outfit in Mexico could be recycled in Spain for one of her seemingly more important upcoming events at home.

She wore white suite on May n Zarzuela, black and white suite in June, September and silver dress in March (with coat then).

Did you or anyone criticise Mary for repeating that silvery dress in Mary's fashion thread....didn't think so. Why the double standard then when it comes to Letizia?

Like I said before, I don't think the Mexican people cares that she's repeating those outfits - show me one article from a creditable news source that has criticised Letizia (or any CP for that matter) for recycling their clothes too often too soon?

I agree completely. One event was a "private" event - media presence but for a personal reason; the other as you say, a formal parade overseas... :bang:

The fact of the matter is, Mary got more press coverage for her Australian trip than her official visit to Bulgaria - one could hardly find pictures of some of the events for her Bulgarian visit. And no, Mary's trip was not entirely private otherwise she wouldn't have hired a PR person......

Last edited by a moderator:
The fact of the matter is, Mary got more press coverage for her Australian trip than her official visit to Bulgaria - one could hardly find pictures of some of the events for her Bulgarian visit. And no, Mary's trip was not entirely private otherwise she wouldn't have hired a PR person......

I wasnt refering to the Danish princess at all, just that letizia wore the same outfit to the 2 events discussed...
Sorry, I know Mary was discussed in the post I quoted.

Like I said before, I don't think the Mexican people cares that she's repeating those outfits - show me one article from a creditable news source that has criticised Letizia (or any CP for that matter) for recycling their clothes too often too soon?

I dont think the Mexicans care either, but thats not my point, and I'm certainly one of the people arguing (quite vocally - lol) for better 'recycling skills'.
My point is the general principle, the normal events, in Spain and Out. :flowers:

Last edited by a moderator:
Fantastic - this is what I have been after! It looks gorgeous as it is, but she can wear the top with white/cream/black/grey/pale butter yellow even; skirts or pants.
This is what I have been talking about!

The colours look great on her!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom