Princess Letizia's Daytime Fashion Part 3: April 2008 - August 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
They like formality a lot in China. So Crown Princess Letizia's formal red suit looks all right there. It seems to me that the red jacket does not fit well, though.

Catango, I have to slightly disagree with you.
The black dress a few days ago was indeed more in a celebrity-style than royal, but IMO ok while worn at vacation.
For the event in Bejing a nice summer dress in a nice colour, why not in red would have suited the occasion better than suit, aaaaand
like always don't ask me for my opinion about the new pair of celebrity/stripper/platform-shoes.

My advice for Letizia: Please hire a stylist, someone who plans with you weekly or monthly the wardrobe for the forthcoming events!

Last edited by a moderator:
Catango, I have to slightly disagree with you.
The black dress a few days ago was indeed more in a celebrity-style than royal, but IMO ok while worn at vacation.
For the event in Bejing a nice summer dress (like Queen Anne-Marie or Princess Mary) in a nice colour, why not in red would have suited the occasion better than suit, aaaaand
like always don't ask me for my opinion about the new pair of celebrity/stripper/platform-shoes.

My advice for Letizia: Please hire a stylist, someone who plans with you weekly or monthly the wardrobe for the forthcoming events!

The difference is that Princess Letizia was in a SERIOUS act with all the spanish delegation in JJOO, while Q AM was just greeting the spanish sport team and Mary the Australian team, they don't preside any event, Pss Latizia is well dressed, and come one, you don't have to compare Princess Letizia with anybody.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think that Letizia´s outfit today was very appropriate. Red is the colour of Spain´s athletes and also the colour of China. Nice and polite.

ENOUGH COMPARISONS! If you want to discuss Mary's fashion, go to her fashion thread. If you want to discuss Letizias fashion stay here.

They like formality a lot in China. So Crown Princess Letizia's formal red suit looks all right there. It seems to me that the red jacket does not fit well, though.

So true. Plus the air con in lots of luxury hotels in Beijing is very strong to accommodate people wearing business suits.

The red suit is not suitable for a meet-and-greet with the athletes - the jacket is ill-fitting and Letizia looks out of place. Red is definitely her color, but a pretty dress would have looked better and more comfortable.
AND those ugly, platform peep-toe pumps are back in action, only this time in a shiny, blinding silver -- they look like tin foil.
The shoes are truly ugly and a total mismatch with the stiff suit.

The red suit is not suitable for a meet-and-greet with the athletes - the jacket is ill-fitting and Letizia looks out of place. Red is definitely her color, but a pretty dress would have looked better and more comfortable.
AND those ugly, platform peep-toe pumps are back in action, only this time in a shiny, blinding silver -- they look like tin foil.
The shoes are truly ugly and a total mismatch with the stiff suit.

Why can't she wear suits when men were also wearing suits ?? Red is the Spanish team color, I think it's the reason she wears red.

As far as I am concerned she can wear whatever she likes. It does not matter anyway since any oufit she wears will be admired or criticized in this forum and we can all have fun reading other members' opinions.

Why can't she wear suits when men were also wearing suits ?? Red is the Spanish team color, I think it's the reason she wears red.
I agree with you -- with her husband walking around in a business suit, she looks fine -- plus she is thin and with all that AC that already American news people have been talking about, I bet other women would enjoy sweaters or jackets.

Letizia today at the reception of China's President Hu Jintao in The Great Hall of the People. Dress recycled from three weeks ago at the fashion show opening.
Daylife
Daylife

Letizia today at the reception of China's President Hu Jintao in The Great Hall of the People. Dress recycled from three weeks ago at the fashion show opening.
Daylife
Daylife

I like this dress. The shape of the dress looks nice on her figure, and she looks fantastic in green.

August 8, 2008 - Letizia at the Olympics opening ceremony. Letizia in a while cap sleeve dress. I like the print & the use of the skinny belt. Looks very elegent.

Full View -- Close Up

WOW i love that black and white dress with the skinny red belt, very elegant and classy, yet cool and modest. she looks fabulous! (my favorite of all the royal outfits so far....10 out of 10) thanks for the links everybody

What a beautiful dress! I like it very much, it´s light and elegant for a hot evening.
Daylife

August 8, 2008 - Letizia at the Olympics opening ceremony. Letizia in a while cap sleeve dress. I like the print & the use of the skinny belt. Looks very elegent.

Full View -- Close Up

Very, very nice outfit, but again a pair of the endless celebrity-like-platform-shoes.
If I only knew her size for shoes, I would buy her a pair of really elegant shoes.

The dress - fabulous, although she needs to have the red belt fitted. It is on the last hole and the end of the belt is so long and tends to stick out.
The shoes --- what can I say? Those ugly shoes spoil the whole outfit --- it's the little things that count -

Two pics here: royals.web-log.nl: Prins Felipe & Prinses Letizia en Prinses Mary & Prins Frederik bij de Olympics in Beijing.

Personally I don't like it. The jacket is to heavy and looks like a different colour to the skirt. If she wanted to wear a suit fine but she should have picked a nice light summer one.

Totally agree - on closer inspection, the jacket looks like it is make of a tweed fabric with a silver thread woven throughout --- that is why Letizia is wearing a silver colored camisole under the jacket and those hideous silver shoes --- red and silver is the color combination --- waaaaay too formal for the event

lovely touch with the bamboo pattern - very nice gesture towards China

I like her green dress from yesterday event and this one too.

The dress from the opening ceremony was just gorgeous, I loved it!!!
But, like so many others, not such a fan of the shoes...

Still, I'd go so far as to say that of the pics I've seen so far, I think she was the best dressed royal at the ceremony

The opening ceremonies dress ... I've already gushed about it in the Olympics thread, but I have to do it again here. It's one of the most elegant shapes I think I've ever seen her wear. So flattering! And the bamboo print was lovely. Is the belt red or pink? I would assume she'd want to wear a little bit of red or gold to support Spain.

The shoes ... eh. The whole ensemble would have been perfect if she'd just worn a simple pair of black heels with a slightly pointed toe. I'm over the platform look too, jinigirl. I guess maybe she likes them because they're fashionable and they make her just that much closer to her husband in height? ;)

And I totally agree with the comment about Letizia managing to look cool even when everyone else got sweaty-looking. She's so elegant with her dress and her little printed fan. :flowers:

The "bamboo" dress is absolutely stunning, the best part of the outfit is her smile though. She has looked relaxed and happy as does Felipe. Wonderful, also, the green dress is stunning again. KEEP IT UP!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom