Princess Letizia's Daytime Fashion Part 29: November 2013 - June 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I might as well start off by saying that as lovely as Letizia looked during the Abdication Ceremony today, the outfit of skirt and top is, to me, a surprising choice to wear by someone who within moments became a queen.
Having said that, Queen Sofia wore the type of outfit she might wear at a formal, day event and so has Queen Letizia.

Letizia looked great at her silk outfit. It fits her like a glove. Simple, yet dignified and appropriate for this solemn event. And a great choice since she wasn't the most important person today, like she isn't tomorrow. Great to tone it down with this outfit and not to choose a colourful outfit.

I think Letizia looked fine, this was not about her. Anything too loud and she would have been accused of trying to take center stage.

Letizia looked very appropriately subdued but elegant for such a solemn event, and her diamond earrings added just the added bit of zest to the outfit.

Well, I might as well start off by saying that as lovely as Letizia looked during the Abdication Ceremony today, the outfit of skirt and top is, to me, a surprising choice to wear by someone who within moments became a queen.
Having said that, Queen Sofia wore the type of outfit she might wear at a formal, day event and so has Queen Letizia.

After watching the video of the Abdication ceremony, it hit me that perhaps Letizia wearing black and white was kind of symbolic. Black to symbolize the passing of the reign of a man that has done good things for Spain yet white to symbolize the hope that a new reign will carry Spain forward in the years to come. This day was all about Juan Carlos and I think her outfit was quite appropriate. Her day to shine as Queen begins tomorrow.

Just my take on it.

After watching the video of the Abdication ceremony, it hit me that perhaps Letizia wearing black and white was kind of symbolic. Black to symbolize the passing of the reign of a man that has done good things for Spain yet white to symbolize the hope that a new reign will carry Spain forward in the years to come. This day was all about Juan Carlos and I think her outfit was quite appropriate. Her day to shine as Queen begins tomorrow.

Just my take on it.

Actually I think you are most probably right and it must be said that Letizia should be given credit for not suddenly going overboard for the occasion - she has maintained her usual dignified look and is consistent. I think maybe I must not compare her to Maxima, who seemed to transform from princess to queen very dramatically!

it's not until tomorrow that letizia becomes queen. the decree establishes that the change of king is at 24 hs tonight.

but yes, quite an unexpected choice of outfit. it looks to me like something she would wear any day. however, maybe that's why she chose it. to give full attention to JC and felipe. or maybe she plans to wow us tomorrow... let's hope for a tiara!

Actually I think you are most probably right and it must be said that Letizia should be given credit for not suddenly going overboard for the occasion - she has maintained her usual dignified look and is consistent. I think maybe I must not compare her to Maxima, who seemed to transform from princess to queen very dramatically!

I would be stunned if Letizia glammed it up like Maxima. It won't happen.

She looked lovely today. Very curious to see what she wears tomorrow.

Letizia looked lovely and I liked that she wore her wedding diamond earrings. Just that touch really did it for me.

I thought she looked absolutely fabulous and appropriate! Today was not about her...it was about King Juan Carlos! Thursday is also King Felipe's day as he will be making his first major speech as King...so I also think that she will be elegantly subdued on the proclamation day as well! There will be many future royal events when she can glam it up!

Letizia wore a dress (Felipe Valera) even thought it looks like a skirt and a blouse. I like all Máxima and Letizia and Matilde, all of them different but acting and dressing beautifully. I do not think that Letizia would dazzles us tomorrow. I would love for her to look like the queen she has become!

Princess Letizia was perfection with a + today, she was amazing and elegant, chic and dignified all in one. I loved her dress, it was just the right subdued color to wear, and her hair and make-up well what can be said but perfect! I loved those diamond earrings, they really made her shine, and from looking at the pictures, I so wonder what she was thinking today.................

Letizia in black and white at the abdication ceremony of King Juan Carlos on June 18, 2014:

** Full view ** Upper part 1 ** Upper part 2 **
Well I had all sorts of ideas about what Letizia would wear to such a solemn occasion. This was not it!

This is a just "day" engagement dress with nothing at all memorable on such an occasion. I think the dress is beautiful and her hair is lovely but what was with the magnificent diamond drop earrings with a very "daytime" dress and shoes? And, speaking of shoes, just out of curiousity, what on earth was with the camel coloured shoes? They matched nothing and the complimented nothing.

Last edited:
Perfect, the diamond earrings added the little bit of dignity and beauty

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom