Princess Letizia's Daytime Fashion Part 26: October 2012 - February 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
HRH wore a hat,left off those diamond star earings,I'm happy with that :D

:previous::D:p

Somehow I don't think Letizia likes hats much, I have this niggling feeling she doesn't feel comfy with them. Mind you, Queen Sofia detest them :D

:previous::D:p

Somehow I don't think Letizia likes hats much, I have this niggling feeling she doesn't feel comfy with them. Mind you, Queen Sofia detest them :D

I think all the Spanish royal ladies don't like hats full stop ( Well except for baseball hats ;) )

I just love Letizia in this outfit. From the tailored and very elegant lace coat to the combination of peach and pale aubergine shades, this look is strikingly beautiful. The best I have seen Letizia in a long time. Definitely the best dressed at the wedding.

Moving on from the wedding outfit, Letizia attended 'Premio Cervantes Chico' at Teatro Cervantes on October 22, 2012.
She wore a pink cardigan, knitted pattern skirt and ankle boots.

- The outfit
- Upper part
- Hair and makeup

Normally, I don't mind Letizia's short skirts, but this was somewhat too short, even with the black hosiery.
I kind of like the boots, but not with this outfit.

I'm not crazy about this look. The skirt is indeed a bit on the short side, especially for someone Letizia's age. She's forty, not twenty-five. While she can still pull off skirts that are above the knee, mid-thigh is pushing it. The pink cardigan is nice, but perhaps not for this outfit. Don't want to say anything about the footwear, because I'm just not a fan of shooties.

Moving on from the wedding outfit, Letizia attended 'Premio Cervantes Chico' at Teatro Cervantes on October 22, 2012.
She wore a pink cardigan, knitted pattern skirt and ankle boots.

- The outfit
- Upper part
- Hair and makeup

Normally, I don't mind Letizia's short skirts, but this was somewhat too short, even with the black hosiery.
I kind of like the boots, but not with this outfit.

Agree about the skirt being a bit too short, although Letizia's figure is just right for it. She may be 40 but she has a body of a 20 something.
That aside, I like the skirt very much, but would see a different top with it. The cardigan seem a bit too light of a material to fit the heaviness of the skirt. Don't mind the shoes, think somehow they look good as the skirt is of a wintery material, it fits.

... The cardigan seem a bit too light of a material to fit the heaviness of the skirt. Don't mind the shoes, think somehow they look good as the skirt is of a wintery material, it fits.

To be fair, I just noticed Letizia had a black jacket on in some of the pictures outside, which should counter the heavy material of the skirt.
This said, I'm not a big fan of combining jackets and cardigans; too many buttons in one outfit for me!

- The outfit with jacket on

Last edited:
Probably the jacket looked good with the skirt, both being of quite heavy meterials, you are correct.
And I agree about too many buttons, the top should have been different.

Last edited by a moderator:
She wore that skirt recently with matching jacket, it looks really good on her. I don't mind the shortness since she's wearing black tights. The cardigan doesn't go with it, and no comment about the shoes...

Letizia seems to be very fond the cardigan look which does come across as being very casual. However, this skirt needed a smart jacket to complete the outfit. The cardigan, more especially the shade, does not match at all.

I'm not crazy about this look. The skirt is indeed a bit on the short side, especially for someone Letizia's age. She's forty, not twenty-five. While she can still pull off skirts that are above the knee, mid-thigh is pushing it. The pink cardigan is nice, but perhaps not for this outfit. Don't want to say anything about the footwear, because I'm just not a fan of shooties.

I'm in agreement. WAY too short for her. The shoes are horrible.

I love the color and just the whole outfit Letitia is wearing :)

The only part of this outfit that I have a problem with is the length of the skirt. Indeed too short for a woman in her 40's. If the skirt had been about 3 inches longer, I'd have said, 'good job Letizia".

Th shooties are fine because of the tights, but I think the skirt is far too short for an official engagement.

I'm in agreement. WAY too short for her. The shoes are horrible.

i think she got the figure and especially legs for it....so why not...(might be my superficial view)...anyway thanks

October 25, 2012 - Letizia in black pants with a pink top and a tweed jacket.

I love the pink top with the black pants, I wish she went for a different jacket as the one she wore was a bit dull.

Close up ** Full view

For the PoA awards very underwhelming. A black pencil skirt might have saved the look.

Last edited:
I think it's ok, yes a little grey but the cut is interesting.

BTW Duke what is it with your links lately, I can never open them unless I erase the "1.1.4" etc. before the actual link address.

This dress is very nice.Color is suitable for the season.
Just hope she won't wear grey in every possible occasion as she did last year.
This type of shoes aren't my cup of tea.
Hairdo and make-up perfect as usually

I love the grey dress; it's simple but very flattering.
But a little brooch or a pair of earrings would have enhanced the look further.

The grey dress is very elegant.

I loved the dress so classic elegant , and suits her well ,,, agree with Artemisia the dress need brooch & earring

Letizia looks elegant and smart and well dressed. The peplum style of dress is every where at the moment.

The peplum is a nice style on Letizia. Not crazy about her shoes though. If she would add a pretty necklace it would be a great look.

Love the little peplum suit. Interesting menswear kind of fabric,isn't it called Prince of Wales or Glen plaid? Nice tucking on the bodice, perfect fit. Needed earrings.

Last edited:
I just love peplum dresses, I bought a red one from Zara some weeks ago and it has become one of my favourite pieces in my closet.
I like a lot Letizia´s dress, but I just don´t get why she don´t realise that there are more colours to wear during the PoA Awards Reception besides grey. Last years have been always grey, it´s becoming boring.
She still looks very nice.

I really like the dress as well as the slacks with pink top and tweed jacket. Both looks are classy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom