Princess Letizia's Daytime Fashion Part 24: April 2012 - June 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm fed up with these eternal small little cardigans to Letizia!! It is a uniform declined in all colors, with only constant element the little size!! God!! She has the body and the money to wear everything and she wears her daughters clothes!!!
I'm very disappointed about Letizia's day fashion. The most of times her clothes look outplaced, cheap, and like if she was sending a message of rebellion... (towards what??)
She is completely different with her evening outfits, which are always perfect.

The cardi itself is pretty, but it really doesn't go with what she has it paired with. And as others have pointed it's one size too small.

I don't like the cardigan (tablecloth indeed) and the shoes, but her hair and make-up is beautiful.

The cardi itself is pretty, but it really doesn't go with what she has it paired with. And as others have pointed it's one size too small.

I agree Emmily,plus I'm really bored with Letizia and her small cardigans.

Agreed, princessan: the outfit is meh but her hair and makeup is outstanding. Looks very dewy and fresh.

Why?
I don't think I've ever seen students wearing or admiring this kind of clothes combo.

Oh, really?? Strange students you have seen, then, I think in my University everybody dress more or less like that, it´s not like you go to your classroom like to a caltwalk.
And I don´t think anybody of us can afford anything more than Mango and Zara, and since this is their stuff, that´s what you can find.
But then, maybe it is that we are rebelling against something and sending a message and so, since it seems that dressing in grey and with cardigans is a sign of rebellion, how can I forget that.

I obviously dislike what Letizia is wearing (I wear things like this, but I´m not her), but I find quite funny when people has such an eagerness to blame Letizia that they use the most incoherent reasons. THIS is students clothes, and THAT´s precisely the reason because of we don´t like to see her in them! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Sorry, but on my planet a female student dressing in a crocheted baby cardigan, these pants and that belt, would be labeled un-cool from here to bachelor, meaning eternity... it's more of a suburbian desperate housewife look, IMO.

But seriously, if that's a typical Spanish student's look, then Mango and Zara must be the desperate ones if Letizia's frequent use of their stuff indeed turns their real customers off.

Last edited:
I think her hair and make are great. The rest of the look is a 'meh'.

Princess Letizia Looks Nice , Not Special Outfit , Very Normal Looks , But her Hairdo & Makeup Perfect on her , I’m Not a Fan of This Outfit .

I'm fed up with these eternal small little cardigans to Letizia!! It is a uniform declined in all colors, with only constant element the little size!! God!! She has the body and the money to wear everything and she wears her daughters clothes!!!
I'm very disappointed about Letizia's day fashion. The most of times her clothes look outplaced, cheap, and like if she was sending a message of rebellion... (towards what??)
She is completely different with her evening outfits, which are always perfect.

If she had wanted to send a message of rebellion, she would have bought the whole Armani store considering the economic situation in Spain. Shopping and spending money is a good therapy for most woman. She has been trying hard to stay in tune with the current crisis by wearing lots of low cost clothes, sometimes she just didn't make good choices. I think she should wear more Zara or sister brands of Zara, less Mango (horrible clothes in general), more skirts, less pants (since cheap pants usually don't look good).

Its the old discussion, there is no need to wear children size clothes, often cheap looking and badly tailored, in order to be in tune with people.

The ordinary spaniard doesnt wear expensive custom made suits like Felipe does, no matter what event or even at taking the kids to school, what means Felipe is certainly not in tune with people, clothes wise.

Besides, I agree with Boris, I have yet so come across female students who wear the stuff that Letizia does, "suburbian desperate housewife look" is spot on.

And even if Letizia's intention was to look like students, just because she is visiting students, its a big error of judgement for a royal that you should blend into the environment you are visiting. The opposite is true, you need something to distinguish, its the part that Felipe has already understood a long time ago.

It is a very pretty cardigan with the front panels of lace. However, with the sleeves pushed up to her elbows, the overall look becomes very casual. Maybe this is what she was wanting to achieve in view of the fact that she was visiting a students residence. Princess Letizia still looks lovely though.

If she had wanted to send a message of rebellion, she would have bought the whole Armani store considering the economic situation in Spain.

You are describing a rebellion towards the Spanish people!! I'd rather say that she rebels towards Palace's protocol.

You can dress not expensive, Zara, H&M etc, but being dressed APPROPRIATE!

Nice outfit. I like the orange & white color combination.

I loved Letizia's top combined with the white pants but Imo the top with the tick band on waist doesn't suit a jacket. She should've left the jacket at home or worn a different top.

Striking color combination and I really like the neckline detailing of the blouse. A nice professional look for her.:flowers:

Duke, Spanish men usually wears suits, but the dress code for women seems to be much more flexible. I don't think Felipe has that many new clothes, there was a report last year saying JC hadn't been buying any new suit the last 4 years.

You are describing a rebellion towards the Spanish people!! I'd rather say that she rebels towards Palace's protocol.

You can dress not expensive, Zara, H&M etc, but being dressed APPROPRIATE!

Cardi, blouse and pants looked appropriate to me for visiting the residence of the students. Spanish men wear suits mostly, but women don't have to dress so formally all the time, the women at the occasion didn't dress more formal than Letizia.
I don't think Zarzuela has strict protocol on dressing. It seems the Palace is not paying that much for Leti's clothes (compared to royals from other countries), she does her own hair and makeup almost all the time by herself except for galas, the Palace likely doesn't care if she wears expensive or cheap clothes.

Beautiful color! Seems like something is missing in the overall look, however.

I love how the red/orange blouse brightens up the whole look.

Great color combo of red and white, I like the look.

Like the orange blouse with the white colour...but I don't like white suits....

June 6, 2012 - Letizia in a new tweed dress with a matching jacket. Lovely outfit though not fond of the color too much. Wrong shoes with the look, she should've worn closed heels.

Full view ** Close up

Pretty suit, and I do agree with you that the color isn't the best.

Letizia often forgets to match the shade of her makeup to her neck, and now it looks like when she applies sunless tanner to her legs she is missing her ankles and feet. Not a good look.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pretty suit, I quite like the fit but the color is a little meh. But, she hasn't worn gray in awhile.

Nice suit! The color looks good on her.

Great suit but the color does not flatter her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom