Princess Letizia's Daytime Fashion Part 22: October 2011 - February 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
its a repeat from the ambassadors reception in 2011
http://www3.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Princess+Letizia+Prince+Felipe+Spanish+Royals+2JbnUGLD5Xdl.jpg

dress is ok, i dont get the peeptoe high heels in january, but well.
the hair doesnt look good, too flat. an event as this one deserves a professional hairdo.

I agree on all counts. The dress is really nice, but her hair looks very flat.

Such a lovely outfit, I really liked it and the color too :D she is so natural and she wears almost no make up

She could use a little today:flowers: She looks washed out.

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree on all counts. The dress is really nice, but her hair looks very flat.
Actually, after looking at the event to which she wore this outfit I think she is severely under dressed!

Princess Letizia Of Spain Prince Felipe Of

Compared with her husband she looks, once again, like she has put absolutely no thought whatsoever into the occasion. The only real way to fairly "judge" an ensemble is in it's time and place, and standing next to her husband in his full dress military uniform on the reviewing dais, she looks dull and boring!

2009 http://www.abc.es/multimedia/fotos/26840.asp OK, I loathed her hair but the gown looked amazing.

2010 [DNF] Fotoarchief Denieuwsfoto Madrid OK, obviously the hair is a "statement" but she definitely needed to bling up just a little.

Last edited:
The velvet dress and coat (silk?) are beautiful and feminine. The shiny fabric, slash pockets and short fitted jacket is really perfect.
However, as other posters have mentioned, the casual hair doesn't match the outfit or event.
Neither does the lack of jewelry. Notice the Queen next to her with a nice strand of pearls, substantial earrings. A brooch would be nice...

The mindset here could be interpreted as: "Oh, well, another formal event, let's just throw on a gown and run a brush through the hair and that'll do. The everyday earrings are fine." Where's the glamour and the elegance that one would hopefully feel when you don an evening gown? Maybe it happens so frequently in their lives that certain royals don't feel a sense of occasion anymore, but eveningwear would certain impel me to do something more with the hair and rummage through the jewelry box for something grander that fits the occasion. But that's just me.

Last edited:
I couldn't agree more, Baroness! Just the thought of wearing an evening gown makes me want to bring out the best of my Best! It should never become an every day thing for the Royals...That is what makes them Royals!

Is it a Felipe Varela outfit with her Magrit blue shoes???

I like it!

Last edited:
This is a gala and military event, and it is celebrated at 12 p.m.. The protocol demands long dresses, but also discreet fabrics and jewels for being in the morning.

Queen Sofía breaks it often, and chooses bright fabrics or large prints, a year she seemed like a "Christmas tree" full of sequins.

This is a gala and military event, and it is celebrated at 12 p.m.. The protocol demands long dresses, but also discreet fabrics and jewels for being in the morning.

Queen Sofía breaks it often, and chooses bright fabrics or large prints, a year she seemed like a "Christmas tree" full of sequins.

Thank you for the clarification.

Actually, after looking at the event to which she wore this outfit I think she is severely under dressed!

Princess Letizia Of Spain Prince Felipe Of

Compared with her husband she looks, once again, like she has put absolutely no thought whatsoever into the occasion. The only real way to fairly "judge" an ensemble is in it's time and place, and standing next to her husband in his full dress military uniform on the reviewing dais, she looks dull and boring!

2009 http://www.abc.es/multimedia/fotos/26840.asp OK, I loathed her hair but the gown looked amazing.

2010 [DNF] Fotoarchief Denieuwsfoto Madrid OK, obviously the hair is a "statement" but she definitely needed to bling up just a little.

I like the red outfit, she is lovely :D

I'm nuts about the way she looks in red so I would like to have seen her in a nice punchy red ensemble-the overall look is understated and subtle which is okay. She does have beautiful skin and hair and I would so like to see her doing an updo with some bigger earrings to set off her face and neck. Still she looks pretty good in a the long skirt/jacket combo.

Letizia is pretty enough in the long black dress. But I agree that an updo in hair would make the look much perfect. Anyway, she is still looking good at all.

Last edited by a moderator:
I like the long dark blue/black (can't really tell) dress with jacket. But she does need some sort of jewelry. The outfit looks incomplete. A brooch, pearl necklace, great pair of earrings, something. But the outfit itself is appropriate and looks good on her.

love that fur jacket she wore for the three king's day...maybe a Massimo Dutti jacket, it's lovely!!:flowers:

I like the long dark blue/black (can't really tell) dress with jacket. But she does need some sort of jewelry. The outfit looks incomplete. A brooch, pearl necklace, great pair of earrings, something. But the outfit itself is appropriate and looks good on her.

Agree with you. She looks so plain and needs more accessories.

love that fur jacket she wore for the three king's day...maybe a Massimo Dutti jacket, it's lovely!!:flowers:
Leonor y Sofía recogen sus regalos en casa de Jesús Ortiz - Familia Real Española - Familia Real - Revista de corazón, prensa rosa y famosos - Diez Minutos

not my taste, to me the coat looks rather ugly.
I think its the same one that Letizia wore at the circus
http://www.hoymujer.com/pic.aspx?w=651&img=DonFelipeydonaLetizia2262842941.jpg

Letizia shopping between Xmas & New Year
http://cache1.asset-cache.net/xc/13...5C2F8D262CAC000481A0B2C31BAC5A4616D0313B47E86

I like the pant suit with the orange top. I believe we have seen Letizia dressed like that before, no? In any case, she looks great.

IMHO I dare say, CP Letizia does not need jewels, she is what she is, and it is enough, she is beautiful enough, and by the way, do we know the Spanish protocol? perhaps does it prescribe "no jewelry", if you allow to say.

I like the pant suit with the orange top. I believe we have seen Letizia dressed like that before, no? In any case, she looks great.

I'm sure we have but I don't remember when exactly. I think I remember someone identifying the top, could it be Massimo Duti or Adolfo Domínguez?n

Last edited:
I agree with you on her shorter hair and soft makeup, donnaK. She looks lovely... I also like the look better with the jacket buttoned.

I like Letizia's hair and makeup. I love this suit with the burnt orange blouse, it's the right amount of color to brighten up the neutral suit. I agree that it looks better buttoned. She looks really lovely today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom