Princess Letizia's Daytime Fashion Part 22: October 2011 - February 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I love this look, the pink is really lovely on her.

Joining the above comments, I have to say that the colour combination is nice. However, the shoulder embellishments look awkward to me.

Joining the above comments, I have to say that the colour combination is nice. However, the shoulder embellishments look awkward to me.

I was wondering about that too. I can't tell if this is a twin sweater set or just a cardigan with shoulder ties. Pretty color on her! I have to add that she seems a tad underdressed compared to her husband, but that isn't unusual for her:)

Last edited:
great coulours!! I really like it!! :flowers: but the shoes... akward

ingenious, subtle sleeves´solution

I like the outfit and the ballerinas, but I find it too casual compared to what Felipe is wearing.

I agree with Emmily and NoorMeansLight - nice outfit, too casual .

I love the top.I love pink and grey together.

Yes, way too casual compared to everyone else. Like the shoes and grey pants.

Last edited:
Lovely that she is wearing a nice color but I find this a bit underdressed. A nice skinny belt or a scarf would've been lovely.

:previous: Oh Great! Here's Filipe dressed appropriately in a suit and she's dressed for a shopping trip! When her hubby gets out the chino's and loafers, then she can get out the casual slacks and ballerina shoes!

What is it with this woman? That was an official engagement and the least she could do is dress professionally. A nice casual suit or tailored slacks and jacket, sensible shoes she could walk easily in, oh I don't know, anything but her "24 hour, grabbed from the wardrobe" look.

And it doesn't matter how many photographs they take of her with small children, all smiles and maternal, what she really thinks is on her back!

Last edited:
Nothing extra special regarding this outfit to me!

It seems to be have been a more relaxed and casual visit - so i like her outfit for the trip nice pink colour and the ballet pumps were the right choice of footwear considering the terrain of the island

:previous: If Filipe and the rest of the entourage, not to mention the dignitaries they met, had all dressed down and really casual I would be right with you. But they didn't and they don't.

When your Crown Prince and Princess are coming to visit you put on your best. They do, she doesn't.

:previous: If Filipe and the rest of the entourage, not to mention the dignitaries they met, had all dressed down and really casual I would be right with you. But they didn't and they don't.

When your Crown Prince and Princess are coming to visit you put on your best. They do, she doesn't.

Well said, couldn't agree more. You know you are in fashion trouble when security is better dressed than you are!

The ballerinas are Ok but the rest is too casual, yes she looks like she is going out for some shopping or just picking her daugthers at school, not for an oficial visit...

I like the suit. The grey and white look quite nice together.

Doesn't look like for the princess letizia

:previous: All she needs is a nice brooch, scarf, handbag, etc. Perhaps an up do would have lifted it from Anchor to Crown Princess. It's all in the accessories.

She lets herself down with the little things, like the unbuttoned shirt. Too high to be a fashion statement and it just looks like she forgot to button it up. She doesn't have to go ostentatious, just add a touch of colour, a touch of class.

Last edited:
She is just one of those women who don't like wear jewels (I'm one of them too). She is still young and pretty, doesn't need any jewel for now when wearing a suit IMO. The suit is very nice, don't like the collar shirt, a round neck blouse would look better . It's an audience, she looks professional. I think she should try more ferminien cut jackets (Varela's jackets always look the same), some colors, not every other suit is grey.

http://img706.imageshack.us/img706/4718/10960449.jpg
http://img7.imageshack.us/img7/9093/35842959.jpg

It's a beautiful suit and I like the belt, but she needed a blouse in a better style and a lovely color to lift it out of the business-like category. And jewelry accents, like a nice brooch on the lapel, would have looked lovely.

:previous: Colour would have lifted the shirt but it needed to be a more feminine blouse with such a structured trouser suit. Even a round-necked blouse would have looked more feminine but in a serious way.

As to not being into jewellery, check out the evening wear thread. When Letizia "does" jewellery it is both serious and feminine. I don't think she does "fussy".

Yes, she definitely needed a better-styled blouse along with a color as I had mentioned; that looks more of a work shirt to me. As you suggested, a soft round-necked blouse would have looked lovely and lessened the sharp lines of the suit. And if it had a pleated front that would have really added some interest when leaving the jacket unbuttoned. It's too bad that she's almost utilitarian in her use of jewelry; a long necklace or pin on the lapel would have added a nice touch.

Last edited:
:previous:She looks very dreary. Agreed a lovely suit, but needs better blouse, at least.

what is the designer for the coat and jacket??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom