Princess Letizia's Daytime Fashion Part 2: June 2007 - April 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
while some outfits remain a bit dull, i think she did her best lately to innovate in her wardrobe, so i give her credit for that. i also doubt the fact of repeating can qualify her as "not elegant". in fact, i don't think elegance does involve not repeating at all (not every day, obviously, but what's wrong with repeating once or twice? does it make you any less elegant?).

i believe the people creating these polls don't really think that all the ladies they compare are different and have different roles. therefore, their ways of being elegant are different. while it's okay for isabel preysler (in the poll) to have a different outfit to each gala she attends, that would be really critisised for letizia. similarly, they do not understand that letizia wants to give another, more professional and less frivolous image. their ways of judging her elegance are as well most intriguing: i didn't know you could measure it by the times one repeats outfits or because some of them are dull (simplicity is elegance in most times).

while some outfits remain a bit dull, i think she did her best lately to innovate in her wardrobe, so i give her credit for that. i also doubt the fact of repeating can qualify her as "not elegant". in fact, i don't think elegance does involve not repeating at all (not every day, obviously, but what's wrong with repeating once or twice? does it make you any less elegant?).

i believe the people creating these polls don't really think that all the ladies they compare are different and have different roles. therefore, their ways of being elegant are different. while it's okay for isabel preysler (in the poll) to have a different outfit to each gala she attends, that would be really critisised for letizia. similarly, they do not understand that letizia wants to give another, more professional and less frivolous image. their ways of judging her elegance are as well most intriguing: i didn't know you could measure it by the times one repeats outfits or because some of them are dull (simplicity is elegance in most times).

good point carlota. Elegence isnt about repeating and the poll should compare women in same status. Without a doubt there will be a difference in how a celebrity would dress to a crown princess. Maybe if the poll was between the members of the royal family, other crown princess's etc...

Lately she has been doing a great job, i think during spring/summer she wasnt doing good.

I agree with carlota. I think princess Letizia is doing the right thing by using the clothes of spanish designers, also crown princess Victoria is doing so, she is using the clothes of swedish designers. I don´t like these kind of polls, because people don´t usually understand that people who are doing different kind of work dress differently. I think that the spanish people should appreciate that Letizia doesn´t use enormous sums of money to clothes, she has more important things to do than dress to different outfit every day. Letizia dresses just fine to me and it doesn´t bother me that she recycles her outfits. She is a princess, not a model or Victoria Beckham.

I agree with carlota. I think princess Letizia is doing the right thing by using the clothes of spanish designers, also crown princess Victoria is doing so, she is using the clothes of swedish designers. I don´t like these kind of polls, because people don´t usually understand that people who are doing different kind of work dress differently. I think that the spanish people should appreciate that Letizia doesn´t use enormous sums of money to clothes, she has more important things to do than dress to different outfit every day. Letizia dresses just fine to me and it doesn´t bother me that she recycles her outfits. She is a princess, not a model or Victoria Beckham.

I really thought it was the opposite, she dresses really fancy,not that it odd or something, she 's a crown princess, that's what all they do:rolleyes:. what you said applies to her sisters in law I think, they dress really simple most of the time.

I really thought it was the opposite, she dresses really fancy,not that it odd or something, she 's a crown princess, that's what all they do:rolleyes:. what you said applies to her sisters in law I think, they dress really simple most of the time.
Most of their "simple" clothing is by high-end international fashion designers, unlike Letizia.

Personally I don't think it matters how elegant she comes in an Hola! poll. She's a CP not a supermodel, while these sorts of accolades may be nice and entertaining for Royalty watchers, her job is to represent Spain. Personally I think she makes a commendable effort particularly in her circumstances and looks good the vast majority of the time (jmo).

i agree with most of the previous posts it isnt a crime to recycle your clothes in fact it is something that is very necessary to show good economy in the royal family and that she is representing her country not the fashion world. goodness if she wore a new outfit every engagement just to win most elegant person in hola it would be a very silly and sad thing for her to do instead she concentrates on what is important to her. Letizia (like all princesses) is criticised for not wearing a greater variety in clothes,for using only one designer (Varela) and for being dull in her wardrobe but also she is criticised if spends too much money on her appearance - she cant get the balance right. Always Letizia is neat and smart and IMO very elegant it would be a lot worse if her clothes sense looked like the dog's dinner. KEEP ON RECYCLING LETIZIA heaven help us if Victoria Beckham was to be an ambassor just because she was voted as elegant you need more than clothes to be successful

Being high up in this poll would be a plus for a movie star or a model. I do not think it means a lot for a princess, especially a crown princess. It could even be a source of criticism especially if being elegant is being equated to wearing expensive clothes and not wearing the same outfits again.

i agree with most of the previous posts it isnt a crime to recycle your clothes in fact it is something that is very necessary to show good economy in the royal family and that she is representing her country not the fashion world. goodness if she wore a new outfit every engagement just to win most elegant person in hola it would be a very silly and sad thing for her to do instead she concentrates on what is important to her. Letizia (like all princesses) is criticised for not wearing a greater variety in clothes,for using only one designer (Varela) and for being dull in her wardrobe but also she is criticised if spends too much money on her appearance - she cant get the balance right. Always Letizia is neat and smart and IMO very elegant it would be a lot worse if her clothes sense looked like the dog's dinner. KEEP ON RECYCLING LETIZIA heaven help us if Victoria Beckham was to be an ambassor just because she was voted as elegant you need more than clothes to be successful

Very well said! :flowers: Agreed 100%

Its just practical for her to recycle her clothes and perhaps put a different twist on it.

7 february 2008 space centre
http://spaansekoningshuis.web-log.nl/photos/uncategorized/t_jfg_hfdsdas.jpg - a repeat from 23 Nov 2004 during their visit to Canaries

5 February Picasso exhibition
http://spaansekoningshuis.web-log.nl/photos/uncategorized/788754.jpg - a repeat from 29 Nov and 29 Oct 2007 but with a new red top (IMO this new red top brightens the grey outfit up and gives it a new look)

4 February 2008
http://spaansekoningshuis.web-log.nl/photos/uncategorized/nbcvv_1.jpg a repeat from 17 dec 07

31st Jan08
http://spaansekoningshuis.web-log.nl/photos/uncategorized/ffdfdsdgh_1.jpg a repeat coat dress from 12 dec07

Letizia: Recycling clothes

This is the thread to post how often Letizia recycles her clothes. You can also post which clothes you want Leti to recycle :flowers:

The yellow dress
May 2004 Lunch with Zapatero before the wedding
June 2004 Onomastice del Rey 2004
May2005

Caprile black gown
May 2004 in Vatican
September 2006

Black & White
June 2004 in Vatican
July2004 in Mexico

Light Blue
June 2004
July 2004
February 2005 during South America trip
May 2006
July 2006

Red
July 2004 Prince of Viana Awards 2004
February 2005 in Brazil

Orange
July 2004 in Mexico
February 2005 in Brazil
June2005

Blue & White skirt
September 2004 in Navarra
September 2004 in Hungary
February 2005 in Brazil
June 2006 in Kyrios
September 2007

Beige jacket, same white skirt as above
July 2004 in San Fernando
2004 (or 2005?) in South America

Last edited:
Last edited:
And I thought of making this thread to remember the days when she wear nice pieces. Because it seems that these days, she only wear matronly dull and boring clothes that lacks color with dark tights :ermm::neutral:

Many thanks for this thread and your work nouwrein :flowers: That's terrific.

I can only agree that back in the old days Letizia looked very pretty with a chic and colourful wardrobe. These days she dresses and looks like a middle aged housewife, trying to blend into the crowd and not stand in the center of attention. This change of style or mind or appearance does not do her any favours.

I don't mind that she recycles a lot but most of these new recycled combinations simply don't look good and some of them are really dreadful since she does not know how to mix and match. Furthermore, much of her recent wardrobe does not have the quality of what she wore in the beginning and gives her a second class look depending who is surrounding her. It's a bit early for Letizia to find her eternal look at the age of 35 and to transform slowly into a second Sofia as both women are completely different from both their background and their personalities. Letizia needs to find her own style, I thought she was on a good way but looking at her now she has failed I am afraid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom