Princess Letizia's Daytime Fashion Part 11: December 2009 - February 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am actually not a big fan of velvet. But, in this case I'll make an exception, the cut and style are truly marvelous and the 'vixen' red really looks good on her. The mermaid style cut of the skirt looks great with the sweeping train. While an updo would have been more suited, I still like this hairstyle. I just wish she had used some more product to stop the flying hair. Also, she should take care of her split ends problem ASAP.

She should at least tie her hair up like the defense minister to stop the flying hair.

I never like this outfit and with the red shoes I absolutly dont like it :ermm:.

I agree with you. I perfer her shoes during previuos years I don´t understand why she wears this ugly shoes.

Letizia looks beautiful and relaxed (and slightly tanned, under the make up;)).
Her hair looks nice, but I agree that it looks too casual for the event.
I like the style of the gown and red colour suits Letizia very well, but I don't like the jacket.
I don't like her poses and the hideous shoes! Thanks God, they are well hidden under the gown!:D
daylife
daylife

Letizia looks beautiful and relaxed (and slightly tanned, under the make up;)).
Her hair looks nice, but I agree that it looks too casual for the event.
I like the style of the gown and red colour suits Letizia very well, but I don't like the jacket.
I don't like her poses and the hideous shoes! Thanks God, they are well hidden under the gown!:D
daylife
daylife

she is superb, love the hairdo:flowers:

I love the color of the outfit but the style and overall look of it just looks weird to me.

This dress is one of my absolute favourites. This shade of red looks great on Letizia. She uses this dress once a year and I don´t mind seeing it recycled. I just hope that she would have had another shoes.
Daylife
Daylife

So the Spanish ladies don't wear their orders in day-time ceremonies? like the Danish ladies a few days before?

I agree with you.It is an unflattering dress imo and the shoes do not help:eek:

It would be nice if you explain why you think it is unflattering? Can you point out what didnt work, was it the color, the cut, the detailing?

I dislike the form and the drawings of the top,besides the form of the botton of the dress like a mermaid, I consider is not elegant,imo

Is this dress made out of a "fuzzy" fabric like suede or moleskin? It looks warm and cozy.

This dress is one of my absolute favourites. This shade of red looks great on Letizia. She uses this dress once a year and I don´t mind seeing it recycled. I just hope that she would have had another shoes.
Daylife
Daylife

I think this dress is lovely.Color and tailoring are good.
If I remember well Letizia had a similar red dress made of velvet that was badly tailored.
What I like also in this dress is the fact that it has sleeves.
Letizia has accustomed us to sleevless and too short dresses that are so unflatering on her.
Shoes are ugly and absolutly don't match with this elegant dress

I quite like the jacket and the shoes, not sure about the grey pants and the bag, though.

Oh God it's awful today! she looks like an old lady... what's wrong with her???

I think the jacket would have looked better without the belt. I liked it in the pictures where its not belted. But, I don't like the checkered pants with the plain jacket. Finally, I am glad she has changed her shoes and not wearing those awful Armand Basi booties she so prefers.

The outfit isnt that bad.
What I dont like is the top and the jacket look quite casual, yes it is a winter look but it is more ideal for a day out with the kids or with friends.
The pants look quite smart and I like the lines on them. Hair looks nice as well.

I think the dark colours make her look a little plain and I agree with dazzling - this outfit would have been more suitable for a day out with her daughters or whatever.
Nevertheless, I like the separate parts, but I'm not so fond of the top and jacket combined with the pants (though I find the pants quite chic). Overall she looked okay. :flowers:

Good grief, I was expecting something nice. One of the most horrific great gala outfits ever, top like a business suit, bottom like a tablecloth. Ugly shoes.
:eek:
http://www.ppe-agency.com/500px/Jan2010/PPE10011419.jpg

The skirt part design is very unoriginal, it looks like a copy of Elie Saabs Haute Couture collection which was all done in that style.
The color is nice, the skirt is okay but something is off about it and the jacket is too shiney, too working look for such a gala look skirt.
The top underneth looks like a t-shirt :ohmy: A nice chiffon/organza top would really work with this look.

I agree, the skirt is ok, but the jacket and the shirt don't look nice, especially as a gala outfit:eek:! Her hair looks nice!
I don't like her poses and her shoes!
Daylife

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom