The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 09-21-2013, 03:18 PM
Administrator

Princess Laurentien has attended the Kids Climate Conference 2013 in Heijen today, September 21, 2013. During the conference 150 Dutch and Flemish children try to find solutions for a more sustainable world.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** anp gallery ** ppe gallery **

** veluweland.nl: Laurentien praat met kinderen over klimaat ** translation **

Old 10-02-2013, 07:40 AM
Administrator

Princess Laurentien has attended the 7th conference on sustainable living (duurzaam leven) at the Jaarbeurs Congres Centrum in Utrecht today, October 2nd:

** ppe gallery **

Old 10-05-2013, 04:35 PM
Administrator

Laurentien at the wedding of Prince Jaime and Princess Viktoria today, October 5, wearing a black dress that looks a bit more like a cape than a dress - I can imagine she would have loved to wear Leonore's dress instead, as Laurentien usually loves those extraordinary prints for herself

** Pic **
Old 10-05-2013, 09:01 PM
Heir Apparent

Pretty awful look, looks like a too short smock and the black thick tights and ugly black heels1
Old 10-05-2013, 10:09 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frelinghighness View Post
Pretty awful look, looks like a too short smock and the black thick tights and ugly black heels1
I wonder if this was a last minute substitution in support of Princess Mabel's decision to got to the wedding as the black widow. Of course Mabel's choice is understandable, but then all immediate family members need to show consistency/solidarity and perhaps Princess Laurentien responded with her sombre smock This theory would also explain the King and Queen's attire, matching their daughters' beautiful grey dresses.
Old 10-10-2013, 10:14 AM
Administrator

Princess Laurentien today, October 10, visited the Paradijsvogel school in Den Haag for the national sustainability day.

What a great name for a school - bird of paradise!

** ppe gallery ** dpp gallery: Princess Laurentien at Sustainability day **
Old 10-16-2013, 09:39 AM
Heir Apparent

Laurentien is received by the Duchess of Cornwall at Clarence House today.

She's wearing a version in black of the Natan dress Maxima wore on the introductory visit to Spain.
I love the edition of the bright patterned and colored shawl/scarf over her shoulder. It takes it dress
in a complete different direction than Maxima's blue version. The black is a lovely background that
doesn't compete with fabric of the shawl.

http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/3510/yk1m.jpg
Old 10-16-2013, 12:55 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbarn67 View Post
Laurentien is received by the Duchess of Cornwall at Clarence House today.

She's wearing a version in black of the Natan dress Maxima wore on the introductory visit to Spain.
I love the edition of the bright patterned and colored shawl/scarf over her shoulder. It takes it dress
in a complete different direction than Maxima's blue version. The black is a lovely background that
doesn't compete with fabric of the shawl.

http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/3510/yk1m.jpg
Lovely. So elegant.
Old 10-16-2013, 01:18 PM
Heir Apparent

Very lovely...
Old 10-16-2013, 02:42 PM
Courtier

She looks terrific. I love her, she seems so nice and modest and willing to be in the "background."
Old 11-10-2013, 03:28 PM
Administrator

Prince Constantijn and Princess Laurentien attended a concert in honour of the 25th anniversary of the National Music Fund in Den Haag today, November 10, 2013.

** ppe gallery **
Old 11-12-2013, 11:50 AM
Administrator

Princess Laurentien has presented her new Saint-Nicholas (Douwe Egberts Sinterklaas) children's book in the Public Library in Amsterdam today, November 12, 2013.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** anp gallery **

Old 12-08-2013, 03:27 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

What an awful green outfit on Princess Laurentien!!!

[DNF] Fotoarchief Denieuwsfoto
Old 12-08-2013, 03:35 PM
Administrator

A frog-costume
Old 12-08-2013, 04:17 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post

A frog-costume
Looks like a leprechaun explosion!
Old 12-08-2013, 05:38 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by An Ard Ri View Post
What an awful green outfit on Princess Laurentien!!!

[DNF] Fotoarchief Denieuwsfoto
A bad Kermit the Frog costume. Either that, or the Count's cape, in which case it looked better on a purple Muppet.
Old 12-08-2013, 06:34 PM
Heir Apparent

Oh, she has worn much worse. And she is a lovely person and this isn't so bad.
Old 12-08-2013, 08:48 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by An Ard Ri View Post
Looks like a leprechaun explosion!
Perhaps you don't recognize the importance of the colour green: it implies tranquillity, content, nature and contemplation. I think the Princess made a wonderful choice for this event to profile the importance of literacy. Your comment (and others also) makes me think of the Disney film Bambi where Thumper the rabbit quotes his mother: 'if you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all'.
Old 12-08-2013, 10:36 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerry View Post
Perhaps you don't recognize the importance of the colour green: it implies tranquillity, content, nature and contemplation. I think the Princess made a wonderful choice for this event to profile the importance of literacy. Your comment (and others also) makes me think of the Disney film Bambi where Thumper the rabbit quotes his mother: 'if you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all'.
In other words, we are allowed to praise the fashion choices, but we are not allowed to say if we don't like them?

I think you did not get the idea of those threads. They are not "praise what princesses are wearing" threads, but fashion threads, where we are allowed to express our opinions on fashion choices made by princesses, be it by applauding them or not like them.

As long as we stay civilized, we do not need to like every outfit and we do not need to be quiet of we don't. We are allowed to say we don't like something.
Old 12-09-2013, 02:49 AM
Heir Presumptive

Oh dear...That's just so shiny. The colour itself is lovely and suits her, but that's sadly about it. Sigh...There really is no inbetween w/Laurentian and her fashion choices are there? She either looks incredable or a hot mess. The really sad thing is often, her choices are usually in the hot mess side of things. Such a shame too, as she's always come across to me as a very pretty lady.

It's so puzzling too. I mean, she's got the means for a stylist to call on for help, but either the entire look is waaaaay off or one part of it looks amazing and the other part not so much or...!?! There are times when she does look amazing, but those times seem to be far fewer than the other Princesses out there. I just don't get it.

Tags
princess laurentien