Princess Lalla Salma's Fashion and Style Part 1: April 2005-March 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's get back to discussing Princess Lalla Salma's Fashion and Style. Remember that religious discussions are not permitted on the forums. Princess Lalla Salma's jewelry thread can be found be here in the Jewelry Forum if you wish to discuss her necklace.

Thanks! :flowers:

Mandy
TRF Admin

That coat is lovely and her high heels very elegant.And I loved the Chinese design/pattern on the coat!

Hideous coat.

For somebody who spends such huge amounts of money on her wardrobe she does come up with some clangers....
I disagree, the coat awful it's your opinion, it has sophisticated embroidery and it's abvious the coat is ready to wear not haute couture.

And how about do you know she spent huge amounts of money on her wardrobe? did you see the bill or do you have any idea how much the coat coasts?!!!

Princess Lalla Salma is often criticized for wearing frumpy, boring, hideous, ugly, etc clothing that I find quite acceptable and even attractive most of the time along with many other posters. Here's my question: how would you describe your favourite royal lady (Letizia, Rania, Mary, etc) if she were wearing apparels from Lalla Salma's "wardrobe" instead. Think about it. :)

Princess Lalla Salma is often criticized for wearing frumpy, boring, hideous, ugly, etc clothing that I find quite acceptable and even attractive most of the time along with many other posters. Here's my question: how would you describe your favourite royal lady (Letizia, Rania, Mary, etc) if she were wearing apparels from Lalla Salma's "wardrobe" instead. Think about it. :)

Thank's Mandy, that's what I call being fair:flowers:.

I will add to the list Lalla Meryem, cuz I am always impressed when i read the same posters how much they are admirative of her fashion, style and makeup even when she put her makeup with a trowel, sorry:D, or when she wears exactly the same style of clothes as Lalla Salma, and don't say anything or even a word about how much coast her clothes, like if Lalla Salma, is supposed spending much more than her sisters in law, or any other royal woman:nonono:, oh sorry Rania has an excuse, she borrows everything :D the same persons are so admirative on Letizia even when she wears a bag with a tacky safety pin, as adress!(I personally don't care if they are happy with it, but it doesn't make me mad)

Lalla Salma is even suspected by the same persons, having plastic surergy while it's clear to the blind that she didn't:D, and argue about those who have done really and call them natural beauties:lol:. The poor woman can't even be described having porcelaine skin, oh sorry she has some freckles, like if she has scares or so:D

I disagree, the coat awful it's your opinion, it has sophisticated embroidery and it's abvious the coat is ready to wear not haute couture.

And how about do you know she spent huge amounts of money on her wardrobe? did you see the bill or do you have any idea how much the coat coasts?!!!
Firstly Salma's wardrobe is almost solely Chanel or Valentino. There's a huge amount of difference between buying a coat from say Prada or Gucci (off the rack) and wearing a couture Chanel suit. Couture Chanel often costs thousands of dollars and Salma seems to wear a lot of it. Just look at the last few pages on this page alone, there's several posts of her wearing Chanel jackets.

Moreover Salma rarely repeats her clothes, I certainly cannot recall her doing so. So it doesn't take a genius to work out that her wardrobe is expensive.

I thought Moderators were supposed to encourage people to stay "on track" where thread topics are concerned; not deliberately derail them?

If comparisons are being allowed though, I don't think your particular analogy works. Salma's style is quite different to say Letizia or Rania, to use your own example. Both of those women have, broadly speaking, quite a contemporary, minimal, look. If I were to compare then I would say Salma's wardrobe was more like Princess Maxima's, which generally speaking I don't care for either, because I find alot of the colours brash and gaudy and the styles often quite mature.

Thank's Mandy, that's what I call being fair:flowers:.

I will add to the list Lalla Meryem, cuz I am always impressed when i read the same posters how much they are admirative of her fashion, style and makeup even when she put her makeup with a trowel, sorry:D, or when she wears exactly the same style of clothes as Lalla Salma, and don't say anything or even a word about how much coast her clothes, like if Lalla Salma, is supposed spending much more than her sisters in law, or any other royal woman:nonono:,
Meryem's wardrobe recently has been quite muted because of her recent weight gain. Moreover, personally her choices in colour and cut tend to be alot more muted than her sister-in-law's, her caftan choices are a good example.

I also cannot remember having a penchant for couture, like her sister-in-law
Sephora said:
oh sorry Rania has an excuse, she borrows everything :D
Is that dig aimed at me?

We know Rania borrows a lot because she admitted it in an interview, moreover the hyperbole is a little pointless. Nobody has ever said she borrows everything. However, if the bulk of her eveningwear is borrowed then it is more than likely a substantial amount of her daywear is as well.
Lalla Salma may have a similar arrangement, but I would doubt it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Firstly Salma's wardrobe is almost solely Chanel or Valentino. There's a huge amount of difference between buying a coat from say Prada or Gucci (off the rack) and wearing a couture Chanel suit. Couture Chanel often costs thousands of dollars and Salma seems to wear a lot of it. Just look at the last few pages on this page alone, there's several posts of her wearing Chanel jackets.

I dont recall Salma wearing couture chanel suits. Most of the are from ready to wear collection. As for Valentino, she has a mix of ready to wear and couture.

Moreover Salma rarely repeats her clothes, I certainly cannot recall her doing so. So it doesn't take a genius to work out that her wardrobe is expensive.

I would understand why Salma doesnt recycle. She has expensive outfits which she would buy every season and not enough events to wear them too. So when an event pops up, she has a few new outfits which have not been worn. Also I think she has enough money to wear new outfits for each new event since she doenst have much events to attened too.

Salma might be wearing some of the most expensive outfits out there and I will admitt that she does have good style and does dress like a first lady IMO.

If you compare her style to Rania who is queen or to Letizia who is Crown Princess and both of them turn up to an event either school or hospital wearing casual pants and a cardigan, I doubt you would catch Salma turning up like that. She would wear a suit which might not be flattering but IMO, thats how a royal or first lady should always be presented. Abit over dressed and salma is never caught under dressed whatever the event is but doesnt play her outfits right.
Sorry for the off topic.

first salma, rania and letizia have really different styles. i wonder if one day i can see rania or letizia wearing salma' kind of outfits or accessories. plus they don't have same body shape, hairstyle, how they handle themselves in public ... which matter a lot on the whole look.

but ... we have seen many nice outfits on models .. they look very nice. on salma they were very average. ok we know the models are professional and they know how to put things together. but often salma doesn't know how to combine things well, like:
- not matching accessories and hairdo with the outfit
- a mixture of jewels, like gold and stones .. or gold and pearls ..
- a style which don't suit her age
- heavy make-up when it's not necessary, like the whole purple make-up, jewel, suit and bag, when she visited a moroccan school .. it was really funny to see even her nail polish was purple :wacko:
- it' rare to see an outfit goes well with her size. often it's tight and sometimes large!
- we have seen her wearing light suits (like Hermes) on heavy rain day or warm and dark colors suits on sunny days (like the one when she received rania last year).
- to make a long story short .. the list is long and no need to repeat what was already discussed all these years

and by far when shes attends simple events like visiting a hospital, she wears armani, chanel or Hermes, where people straggle to pay for their medicins, she goes wearing thousands of $. i feel pity for her since those poor patients doesn't matter for them what she wears or how much it's expensive. so imo she has to be modest in this point, no matter how much she can afford or if she doesn't have many occasions to show her wardrobe, humanitarian or social work shouldn't be in any way an excuse to show her excessive wardrobe

so for those who like her fashion style, we have seen you saying how wonderful what she wears even when it's not.
so please accept the fact that there are ppl who don't love her style. ppl are different, with diferrent backgrounds and tastes ... so be prepared to get different answers and opinions.

Hideous coat.

For somebody who spends such huge amounts of money on her wardrobe she does come up with some clangers....
i agree with you little star. it's evident she spends a lot on her wardrobe (no need to see her receipts ;))
with all these repetitive fashion mistakes, i wonder if she has any fashion advisor. or maybe she has, but she is making her own decision.

so for those who like her fashion style, we have seen you saying how wonderful what she wears even when it's not.
so please accept the fact that there are ppl who don't love her style. ppl are different, with diferrent backgrounds and tastes ... so be prepared to get different answers and opinions.
I respect every single word you say in you're post,of cours you has a different opinion,you don't like Lalla salma it's very normal ppl has different views what make the forum intersting,but you should know that as you don't like her and her style there is ppl who do like her style,so we understand and respect and accept you're opnion,so I think you should do the same and accept the others view.

I respect every single word you say in you're post,of cours you has a different opinion,you don't like Lalla salma it's very normal ppl has different views what make the forum intersting,but you should know that as you don't like her and her style there is ppl who do like her style,so we understand and respect and accept you're opnion,so I think you should do the same and accept the others view.
yes shrifia, it's one topic and anyone can respond differently. neither my opinion can be like yours or yours can be like others.
to correct something you said. there is a difference between "don't like someone" or " don't like her fashion or something else".
so to me, what i don't like about salma is her fashion style and her way of doing her work. right now, i don't know that much on her so that i can like her or not. even after all these years, i see she has an excessive and extravagance taste.

When I read comments of some members who find her elegant I am surprised, but I respect their opinion because “tous les gouts sont dans la nature” as we said in French, and I can’t permit myself to say that they hide their true opinion, and said that she is elegant when they think that she isn’t, if I said a thing like this it would be a less of respect towards these respectable persons
then, let us to have our own opinions without be accused to don't be franckly.

When I read comments of some members who find her elegant I am surprised, but I respect their opinion because “tous les gouts sont dans la nature” as we said in French, and I can’t permit myself to say that they hide their true opinion, and said that she is elegant when they think that she isn’t, if I said a thing like this it would be a less of respect towards these respectable persons
then, let us to have our own opinions without be accused to don't be franckly.

As a forum rule; Criticism is acceptable but insults and flames are not. So feel free to state what your opinion :flowers:

This is nice.A light pink cocktail dress and a white-pearl jacket.Great combination.

The red jacket is lovely!Black & red is another beautiful combination.

I recall she wore only twice or three times Valentino, and if she has preference to Chanel, so what?!! all her Chanel suits are ready to wear, you won't call every tweed jacket couture!!! All first ladies like to wear Chanel, Mrs Chirac, Mrs Susanne Moubarak and even Asma Assad, if presidents' wives can offer themselves Chanel suits, so why not a king's wife, and who said a RTW Chanel suit is more expensive than a Prada or Gucci one?!! As far i know, RTW Chanel jacket worn by Salma costs around 1500$, and for example an Yves Saint Laurent saharienne, onwned by Rania in three colors, costs 2500$!, or even one of her belt costs 4500$! so that's too odd to suppose everytime she is seen wearing a tweed suit, that she spent more money than others, nobody has the right to make her wearring Prada or Elie Saab if she doesn't like to.

Even if we see her rarely, and maximum once every month, she had repeated some of her suits many times, like the light green one from Valentino.
And it doesn't take a genius to work to tell that her wardrobe is not more expensive than any other first lady or royal!

I thought Moderators were supposed to encourage people to stay "on track" where thread topics are concerned; not deliberately derail them?
Moderators are at first members like anybody else here, and they read posts, and they are supposed to be fair, the unfair hateful criticizm against Salma from some members is clear to the blind. Because they contradicte themsleves when it comes to their perefferd royals, and try to find excuses and argue always to make them perfect and admirable!
Salma might have done some mistakes, but she's fine most the time, and doesn't deserve being described awful, ugly, tacky or hidous..

Meryem's wardrobe recently has been quite muted because of her recent weight gain. Moreover, personally her choices in colour and cut tend to be alot more muted than her sister-in-law's, her caftan choices are a good example.
Her makeup doesn't have anything to do with her weight gain.
And I don't see any relationship with he choice in what you call "garish" colours" worn by Salma and weight gain?!!, they even say that big flowers and red make a person looking more "heavy".

I also cannot remember having a penchant for couture, like her sister-in-law
And you remember that Salma wore couture?!! I myself trying to find a couture gown or suit she wore, but i didn't find any! All her daywear are RTW, and all her evening gowns are moroccan caftans!
By the way, her sister in law Asma, has also a preference for Chanel suits and bags.

Is that dig aimed at me?
We know Rania borrows a lot because she admitted it in an interview, moreover the hyperbole is a little pointless. Nobody has ever said she borrows everything. However, if the bulk of her eveningwear is borrowed then it is more than likely a substantial amount of her daywear is as well.
Aimed to you or to anybody who is mad, when people talk about Rania's spending on clothes and fashion!I personally don't care if she's happy with herself, but if she said that really, so she felt embarassed someday about the image she's giving and the criticizm around.
I personally don't know anything about what, when and where she talked about that, but if she really did once or two for some of her evening couture gowns, it doesn't mean she's doing for her all clothes, I am completly sure she deosn't for her daywear, and we see her everywhere everyday, wearing RDW designer clothes, even when they are very simple looking, and most of her evening gowns are couture made just for her, as they are modified or altered to make them more appropriate for her!
So you can't talk about the borrowing thing everytime that people can talk about Rania's spending on her wardrobe, which looks more like an excuse than an argument, since you decide to talk about how much Salma spends and not Rania!

Lalla Salma may have a similar arrangement, but I would doubt it
I also doubt, God thanks she's not doing, it's not her role to make advertising for designers and behaving like a jettseter on red carpets!

I thinks she almost always looks appropriatley dressed for her role, that not all colours or cuts are perfect is another thing, but you do not have to fear her comming to official engagements in shorts, jeans, cardigans or other causal garbs. She dresses like a First Lady and I like that.

I also do not follow the reasoning that first ladys/royals should dress down for visitng hospitals/children, I guess children in a hospital have been looking forward to see a Princess - maybe even one in gala gown and tiara- and when it comes a young woman in a beautiful suit and pearl necklace compared to one in pants, cardi and messy hair, the first is deffenetly closer to what they might have expected. Just my personal oppinion.

I thinks she almost always looks appropriatley dressed for her role, that not all colours or cuts are perfect is another thing, but you do not have to fear her comming to official engagements in shorts, jeans, cardigans or other causal garbs. She dresses like a First Lady and I like that.

I also do not follow the reasoning that first ladys/royals should dress down for visitng hospitals/children, I guess children in a hospital have been looking forward to see a Princess - maybe even one in gala gown and tiara- and when it comes a young woman in a beautiful suit and pearl necklace compared to one in pants, cardi and messy hair, the first is deffenetly closer to what they might have expected. Just my personal oppinion.

Larzen, I agree. A First Lady should always go out of her way to dress as nice as possible .. that's what people want and expect to see

love the red dress very pretty,she look great,the bag is elegant and i liked her hair.

She is beautiful. The dress is a Valentino.

Lalla Salma looked nice a red dress. The bright colour favourably enhanced her complexion.

that red dress is beautiful,I think she looks gorgeous,red suit her.

Beautiful dress on Salma, color suits her and the cut is quite simple and elegent. The detailing around the opening is quite nice, adds something to the plain dress without it being out there too much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom