Princess Clotilde of Savoy's Fashion and Style Part 1: December 2007 - March 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

She can if only she wants to: Princess Clotilde took part in a reading and musical performance in Paris on
March 13 and this time looked lovely and elegant with a long evening dress and well chosen accessories:

** Full view ** Upper part ** Upper part, side view **

She looks really nice indeed. I like the jewels and the updo as well.

.She can if only she wants to: Princess Clotilde took part in a reading and musical performance in Paris on
March 13 and this time looked lovely and elegant with a long evening dress and well chosen accessories:
** Full view ** Upper part ** Upper part, side view **

Lovely look! Clotilde can be so beautiful when she doesn't try to be particularly "fashion forward" (a term and style I absolutely loath).
I love the black gown and earrings, but the necklace is a bit mismatched; pearls would have looked much nicer.

Last edited:
This is "a Princess"! Simply outfit but a splendid one, appropriate for this occasion and her status.

What absolutely beautiful earrings, a waterfall of diamonds. I agree that the necklace didn't coordinate well with it; she should have just left it off or worn a long strand of pearls.

I really, really dislike this look.
Nothing works for me; the belt is hideous, the shoes are horrible the jacket and jeans are totally mismatched.
I assume Clotilde tried to be fashion forward, but really, that's just a rather ridiculous look for anyone, especially a Princess.

Finally a good look again:

Princess Clotilde attended the film festival in Cannes today, May 17, wearing a great dress with a flower print
in white and black and her hair looked nice as well:

** Full view ** Upper part ** Close up **

From waist down, it's a great dress. I also like the hairstyle, jewellery and the bag.
The upper part of the dress, however, is rather unfortunate. At least, I don't like the particular style appealing.

iceflower said:

Princess Clotilde attended the film festival in Cannes today, May 17, wearing a great dress with a flower print

IMO this dress is definitely better that previous dresses, also hair is made well but one "thing" is missing-the breast! P.ss Clotilde seems to be devoid of breast...

Last edited by a moderator:

Giambattista Valli Fall 2011 Couture
This is a perfect dress! I love the print, I really like how it gets darker at the bottom and it is not the whole dress. The black and white work well and I do like the cut of it.

Clotilde at the "Haiti Carnaval in Cannes" event at the 65th Cannes Film Festival on May 18, 2012,
wearing a wonderful white dress and looking lovely again. She should really stick to that more
elegant and nice style of clothing, as she can look so great if she wants to.

** Full view ** Back view ** Close up **

That dress is awful, particularly the bottom part with the extra flare. She looks better than usual.

Hhmmm... This leaves much to be desired. I do not like the bottom of the dress at all and am undecided about the cuffed effect at the neckline and sleeves.

I am really not a fan of Clothilde fashion choices.
Most of time I find them ridiculous paired with ridiculous poses for photographers.
I also dislike her fake blonde hair.Her hair color is beyond ugly.
She used to be beautiful with darker hair.
Her hair looks unhealthy and sometimes not clean (like in her last appearance)
Her fashion choices are may be ok for an actress but not suitable for a royal.

I really liked the bottom part of the white dress, I also liked the cut of it and length. Its very different from many dresses you see. The only thing I don't like is the thick borders on the shoulders and around the neck.

Princess Clotilde at the Filmmakers Dinner during the Cannes International Film Festival on May 21,
wearing a long black dress - I don't like the shoes and the hair, not sure about the dress.

** Full view ** Back view ** Upper part **

Of course, tastes vary, but looking at those pictures I have 4 pieces of advice to give to Clotilde:
- Don't wear such low cut and high slit dresses: you are a Princess, not just an actress.
- Leave those shoes to Lady Gaga to wear; they look ridiculous.
- Wash your hair more often and invest in conditioners.
- Find a good stylist.

Those shoes are horrid! And I like a heel.

Clotilde at the "Haiti Carnaval in Cannes" event at the 65th Cannes Film Festival on May 18, 2012,
wearing a wonderful white dress and looking lovely again. She should really stick to that more

Wow! this is an improvment! P.ss Clotilde definitely looks better and appropriate.

Princess Clotilde at the Filmmakers Dinner during the Cannes International Film Festival on May 21,
wearing a long black dress - I don't like the shoes and the hair, not sure about the dress.

** Full view ** Back view ** Upper part **

I don't like the hairstyle at all but it works with the overall dress & heels.

Overkill on the hair and shoes but I like the simple lines of the gown.

Not a fan of the heels but the dress is nice.

That's the way I like her:

Princess Clotilde at the 2012 AMFAR Cinema Against Aids Gala in Cannes, France today, May 24, 2012, looking lovely
and elegant in white with nice hair and earrings:

Last edited:

I do have to agree. This dress is what couture is all about, IMO.

Princess Clotilde at the Salvatore Ferragamo Cruise Collection 2013 Show in Paris on June 12, 2012,
wearing a combination in white and silver. I'm not too excited, but think it's okay.

Three different looks for Clotilde at the Deauville American Film Festival in Deauville, France
- I don't like the first look as to the top part and shoes, the second dress is great (minus the shoes)
and I think the black one is nice on her as well:

** August 31 - Full view ** August 31 - Upper part **

** September 1 - Full view ** September 1 - Side view **

** September 2 - Full view **

IMO P.ss Clotilde will look better ( I mean her face) if she had put a brighter/stronger lipstick.

The purple dress has great potential with boots and a slightly big leathery bag with feathers or furry decorations. The dress is wintery so the summer shoes she wears are all wrong for the dress. imo.

The first outfit is very Cindarella with the perfect shoes to fall off. Or she looks like a mannequin since the shoes remind me of those built in mannequins, not made for walking. Is Clotilde very short since she seems to prefer platform shoes?

The black dress does nothing for her.

I do have to agree. This dress is what couture is all about, IMO.
I agree with you Kitty Atlanta. Love the couture feel of the dress.

Three different looks for Clotilde at the Deauville American Film Festival in Deauville, France.
The cream dress is horrible. Can't make up my mind though what I hate more - the dress or the hideous shoes.
The purple dress I really like; it's elegant, understated and fit for a Princess. Another hideous pair of shoes though.
The black dress, despite attempts at being edgy and modern (most of the skirt is see-through) is just frumpy. Shoes are too chunky.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom