Princess Claire's Fashion and Style Part 1: July 2007 - April 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Am I the only one that thinks that that dress make her look much fatter?
Don't the shoes look very out fashioned?

The shoes are definitely outdated. I didn't like them either. But fat?! Her figure is almost perfect - feminine and curvy. This dress highlights that IMO. :)

I actually think the best style of gown was the one she wore to Fred-Mary's wedding in 2004. If that gown had been red, WOW! But I think she looks very good here and I agree that she doesn't look fat. She looks like a woman with nice curves.

Well said! I'd say we don't need to compare them at all this time.;) Two ladies from Belgium were among my top 3 best dressed: Mathilde and Claire. Claire's gown in particular has intrigued me a lot: do we know the designer? :)

The dress is from Nathan!

^ Thank you!!! :flowers: Wow, that was quite a surprise! Good job then! :)

Love the outfit, casual and relaxing yet elegant.

She looks really nice and neat. An appropriate outfit for shopping.

Nice to see the two sisters in law shopping together !

The Belgian version of the magazine Royals has a preview on the dress that Claire will wear on the National Day 21st July: Royals Landing Page
They went with her to her last fitting appointment. They don't reveal in what color it will be.

Like the previous years Laurent and Claire want to put a Belgian fashion designer in the spotlight. This year it's 28 year old Bernard Depoorter

She looks really great in this 50's/Grace Kelly style dress IMO.

In the photos of the article itself, you can also see the small purple hat with a big flower in a similar colour (which looks like an orchid to me) on one of its sides.
I agree with you, cdm -the whole ensemble is very elegant. It reminds me of the ballet-costumes in "La dame aux camélias" although its style is a bit more simple viz. less romantic and the dress's sleeves are longer.
Apparently, princess Claire is a fairly creative young woman with regard to her fashion -remember for an example the outfit she has worn on Belgiums National Day in 2008, including a handbag in the shape of her country :cool:. It is nice that she gives young Belgian fashion designers like Depoorter the opportunity to present their creations to a large public!

I love the detail on the white top.

The white top is the most beautiful piece indeed. The overall look was simple yet very elegant.

The Belgian Royal Family ahead of a concert at the occasion of the Belgian
Presidency of the European Union with Belgian bass-baritone Jose van Dam,
at a reception and in the garden of the Royal Castle in Laeken-Laken, in
Brussels, Friday 02 July 2010.

Picture details

I hate Laurents new hair cut.
The green looks odd on Claire, she needs to wear brighter colours.

I don't like the colour but the dress is a classic so it's ok.

Great color but quite a boring dress, there is nothing to it nor nothing in the cut.

I like the color of the dress, though the cut is a bit dull indeed. Not that bad.

I'm undecided about this dress. At least it's simple and quite elegant. The colour is ok.

The Belgian version of the magazine Royals has a preview on the dress that Claire will wear on the National Day 21st July: Royals Landing Page
They went with her to her last fitting appointment. They don't reveal in what color it will be.

Like the previous years Laurent and Claire want to put a Belgian fashion designer in the spotlight. This year it's 28 year old Bernard Depoorter

She looks really great in this 50's/Grace Kelly style dress IMO.

The Flemish TV show Royalty went to visit the designer and he showed the fabric that the dess is going to be made of. It's a 'maron glacé' color, sort of light brownish grey.

That pictures very bright, a wonderful casual summery outfit.

Princess Claire attends the Elisabeth Concert at the Palais de Beaux Arts in Brussels 20/07/2010

1 -- 2

Black and white, always the classic option.
Claire looks very happy.

Except the shoes the rest of the outfit looks ok. The make up maybe it's too dark for her.

The trousers look perfect on her - every woman must have a pair of these in her closet.;) I'm not too keen on this particular blouse. It looks odd and thus not so pretty. JMO

The black and white outfit looks elegant and alright. The top looks like NATAN to me, but I could be mistaken. ;) Does anybody know the designer?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom