Princess Claire's Fashion and Style Part 1: July 2007 - April 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Princess Claire watches the 1st fashion show from the program "Diplomacy through fashion" at the residency of the Ambassador of the United States to Belgium in Brussels (March 31, 2011):Picture details

On June 2nd, 2011 Princess Claire attended the First Communion of her daughter Princess Louise at the St. Catherine Church of Bonlez:
communion of princess louise - Denis Closon - 20308197-001 - Agence Photo - Fotoagentschap - Banque d'Images - Image Bank - Paparazzi - Videos | Isopix.be | Belgique, Belgie (full view)
http://www.nieuwsblad.be/Assets/Images_Upload/2011/06/02/PHOTONEWS_10318957-023.jpg.h513.jpg.767.jpg (upper part)

Princess Claire watches the 1st fashion show from the program "Diplomacy through fashion" at the residency of the Ambassador of the United States to Belgium in Brussels (March 31, 2011):Picture details
Two better pictures of that nice outfit:
1. Fashionshow at US Ambassor « PHOTOGRAPHY Sander de Wilde
2. http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5134/5579439696_5b506aec11_b.jpg (close-up)

One further belated addition -in March 2011 Claire was present at the 15th anniversary dinner of the Prince Laurent Foundation in the Cercle Royal Gaulois:
http://www.fondation-prince-laurent.be/assets/img/galerie/15anniversaire/VDB116007.JPG (side view)
http://www.fondation-prince-laurent.be/assets/img/galerie/15anniversaire/VDB115920.JPG (front view)
http://www.fondation-prince-laurent.be/assets/img/galerie/15anniversaire/VDB115926.JPG (close-up)

I always find that the second in line female royal, or the one married to the second in line, (laurientine, Martha louise, Marie and claire come into mind) can allow themselves to be more "themselves" than the crown princesses, even at formal events, they can be less what is expected of a royal and more "cool", "trendy" and different, and they won't be criticized. It is refreshing to look at it:flowers:

She looked very nice. Love this soft pint suit combined with the scarf.

I like more the evening gown that the outfit that Claire wore at the ceremony

Her outfitt for the ceremony was Natan and het hat from Christophe Coppens.

Princess Claire at the wedding
Gala dinner , love this dress
Front vieuw - front vieuw2 - Close-up
I agree -this gown is a fabulous choice for Princess Claire! Its multi-layered, light fabric looks pretty and the colour suits Claire wonderfully (regarding her brown hair colour as well as her warm complexion). That design of two nested diagonal areas running in opposite directions in turn crowns the whole outfit i.m.o.:).

Last edited:

Princess Claire at the opening night of the XXIII Heritage Days in Waterloo - black pants,
shoes, bag and a camel jacket with a black belt - very elegant look in my eyes.

** Full view ** Upper part **

iceflower said:

Princess Claire at the opening night of the XXIII Heritage Days in Waterloo - black pants,
shoes, bag and a camel jacket with a black belt - very elegant look in my eyes.

Very chic, classic look for Claire......

Love the whole look.Best I've seen her look.

I also love this look and think its the way a princess should dress. P Claire has a nice style.

For sure, the entire outfit is very well tailored and the colour of Princess Claire's jacket goes excellently with her warm complexion as well as her brown hair, but why "disturbing" this harmony by bringing in black trousers? A chocolate brown pair of trousers would have looked much prettier instead i.m.o.. Apart from the jacket's shade I like its neckline -which is, by the way, familiar from several of Queen Paola's jackets (e.g. the one she used to wear at Laurent's and Claire's wedding on April 12, 2003) :D.

Princess Claire visited the Children's Home Queen Marie-Henriette in Brussels today, September
30, 2011, wearing brown pants and a checked jacket. Looks good on her!

** Full view ** Upper part ** Close up **

I like her pants but not the shirt.

I'm not too fond of this particular suit, however I find it decent and appropriate for this visit.

On October 24, 2011 Princess Claire attended a charity concert in aid of Royal Charities called "Les berceaux de la Princesse Paola" organised by East-Brussels and West-Brussels Rotary Clubs at the Royal Conservatory of Brussels:
Picture details (full view)
Picture details (upper part)

Princess Claire looked very nice. :flowers:
That is my opinion as well! I always liked Princess Claire in jackets of this particular type featuring a lower part which resembles a full bell skirt. Moreover, she has the luck to successfully wear nearly all possible shades (except too gloomy ones, I would say) owing to her warm complexion plus hair colour joint with those intensive blue eyes (matching e.g. the colour of her last discussed outfit). Have you ever seen a close-up picture of this chic looking brooch http://picture.belga.be/belgapicture/picture/30219165.html?page=2, stephanievl?

Last edited:

Princess Claire at the Te Deum mass on the occasion of the King's Feast on November 15, 2011.
Normally I'm not a fan of fur, but altogether it's a very elegant look for her:

And at the parliament later today, wearing red/white and black:

** Full view ** Close up **

Last edited:
I think brown looks good on her but the outfit does not.

iceflower said:

Princess Claire at the Te Deum mass on the occasion of the King's Feast on November 15, 2011.

Like the 2nd outfit - just lack a brooch to make it complete.

Im not a fan of the color block look.

The coat & fur is really pretty so is her hair, all very simple but the whole look is ruined by the boots. Nice heels would've made this a complete winner.

The princess was not wearing fur. She and the the other woman of the royal family refuse to wear fur, Eduard Vermeulen from Natan told the media .

Oufitts are from Natan.

Catwalk 1 - Catwalk 2

That's good to know, thanks for sharing the information, stephanievl!

Now with that comparison I like the catwalk version of the dress with the main part in black a bit better than
the red version Claire has chosen, but she's of course been a lovely blur of colour at that parliament event..:)

Princess Claire's outfit for the Te Deum mass looked really elegant i.m.o. -those different kinds of fabric in various shades of brown (coat, artificial fur collar, short dress beneath and buckskin boots: http://d2.img.dutchphotopress.com/8/8684080344854ec37e61ea2af060269567.jpg) present an interesting combination. Moreover, I especially fancy the asymmetrical viz. diagonal style of Claire's collar.
The princess was not wearing fur. She and the the other woman of the royal family refuse to wear fur, Eduard Vermeulen from Natan told the media.
I am very relieved to hear of this statement -so it applies to all Belgian princesses/queens?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom