Princess Charlene's Fashion and Style Part 9: July 2013 - October 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The fact she wore the national costume was very appreciat by the people of Monaco said the national newspapers of Monaco with many persons who said in the newspapers they were happy to see at least a princess of monaco wearing the national costume.

I'm not a fan of the way she wore the national costume. It just looks a little odd to me. Having said that, I do like the fact that she wore it.

I KNOW it is a costume, I didn't express myself well. Let's put it this way, when you wear a costume, you have to look and act the part. The way this national costume was altered, it appeared to be closer to a Folies Bergere costume than a Monaco National costume, imo.

^^^^^
It must be a long time since you have been to the Follies Bergere if you think they wear anything resembling what Princess Charlene wore to the National Picnic.

Princess Charlene has attended a luncheon hosted by First Lady Michelle Obama for spouses of chiefs of state and heads of government participating in the UN General Assembly in New York today, September 24, wearing a nice combination in white - a lovely look!

** Full view ** Side view **

Charlene looks lovely ( the First Lady too). I guess this engagement was a little daunting for Charlene but sh elooks relaxed in these photos.

She looks great, very relaxed and confident. I like the cream dress. Mrs. Obama looks nice too IMO.

Last edited:
I think she looks polished and professional and yet feminine for this event. The dress could be a tad shorter for me but that's just nitpicking. I prefer it to our First Lady's dress.

She looks very blah to me. And in her profile pic, her hair looks as if she would have just woken up from a nap. :ohmy:

I think that Charlene looks all right, but nothing special. She kept it safe, and simple. I like the outfit she wore to the school.

I like the outfit she wore to the luncheon. I like the skirt length. Very few people have attractive knees, though, somewhat ironically, Charlene could just be one of those who do. And did we all note that she's wearing earrings! :D

My initial reaction to the outfit she wore to the school was not as positive. I didn't like the scarf; I thought it was too broad and didn't seem to work. If she had to wear a scarf, 'd have liked to see a softer one that fell better, but I'd have preferred no scarf at all. And the pants didn't seem well cut and that bag seems too big. All in all I got the impression of a teacher applying for a job rather than an honoured guest.

I likethe luncheon outfit as well the school thing looks average the scarf I agree is heavy .. agree she looks like staff ...

Good look. Nice hair. Earrings. Very polished and appropriate.

She looked very good with Mrs. Obama. Now we know how tall she is!

A nice, simple, casual outfit for a school visit on September 16:

** Full view ** Upper part ** Upper part 2 **

Not a bad outfit, one her best lately, I would say. I think it was a good choice for a day spent with kids. The only thing I do not like is the scarf. I mean, I like the scarf itself just not with this outfit, sth smaller would look better.

Princess Charlene has attended a luncheon hosted by First Lady Michelle Obama for spouses of chiefs of state and heads of government participating in the UN General Assembly in New York today, September 24, wearing a nice combination in white - a lovely look!

** Full view ** Side view **

It's a nice and elegant outfit, and this type of dress (suit?) suits Charlene, the peplum is a good fit for her broad shoulders, it makes her figure very proportional, but a little blah. A pop of colour would make it look better. Maybe different shoes? I don't like her hair, looks messy.
I would prefer the skirt a little shorter, but it's just me, I do not like this length.

On a side note I like Mrs. Obama's dress a lot.

Last edited by a moderator:
A very pretty outfit for Princess Charlene - I've observed before that white/cream really suits her delicate colouring. Very nice!

I like the luncheon outfit. Not very impressive, but elegant and suits her very well.

Two more events in New York and two outfits in black - at a dinner celebrating Monaco's 20th anniversary of its entry in the UN in New York on September 24:

** Full view ** Upper part ** Nice!

And at a reception with President Barack and Michelle Obama:

** Full view ** Not the best choice for the occasion in my eyes.

Horrible choice! Even her hair looks awful.. Totally unacceptable wear for this occasion.

I like the first black outfit: elegant and simple. The second one is ghastly and inappropriate, unless she was coming from the gym. :ohmy:

1st outfit quite nice, 2nd not so much.

Terrible choice of outfit,what was Charlene thinking :eek:

Two more events in New York and two outfits in black - at a dinner celebrating Monaco's 20th anniversary of its entry in the UN in New York on September 24:

Well, first of all, we're back to basic black. :boo: but the first outfit is okay. Her silhouette is amazing, but her complexion looks wan and dried out. Not a good makeup job (in the second picture, she looks dreadfully tired).

The second outfit is not appropriate for what is essentially a diplomatic event. This is where I question whether she or her stylists understand that she's accompanying her husband to the UN, where he is a head of state. Her outfit was more suited to a fashionable party in Europe.

Both black, boring.

While both outfits are nice in their own way, they both totally do not match the occasions.
And while she can get away with the first one, although I am assuming it was a diplomatic dinner as well, when it comes to the second one, I have to agree with everyone so far, it was a horrible choice. It's an outfit one wear to a party or a fashion shown in Monaco, not to a high diplomatic event. Obviously Charlene didn't bother.
Her shoes are terrible as well, one do not wear open shoes to a diplomatic event.

Just as I thought things were getting better... I agree, her choice for the dinner with the President was not a good one. It fascinates me whether Charlene is given advise about these type of occasions ( I'm also thinking of the tiara-less appearance at the recent Royal wedding) and why she might choose to ignore it.

I LOVE the outfit for the dinner. I'm very fond of black and I think the style suited her very well, the diagonal taking the emphasis away from her broad shoulders. I'm a little disappointed she didn't add some earrings, since we know she does wear them occasionally and a tiny dash of pearl or diamond bling, or even just silver or gold, would have livened up the black. I still love the dress though.

I agree with everyone else about that outfit for the reception. A pants outfit could have been OK, but not that one. It was very uninteresting and a poor choice, whoever made that choice.

I LOVE the outfit for the dinner. I'm very fond of black and I think the style suited her very well, the diagonal taking the emphasis away from her broad shoulders. I'm a little disappointed she didn't add some earrings, since we know she does wear them occasionally and a tiny dash of pearl or diamond bling, or even just silver or gold, would have livened up the black. I still love the dress though.

I agree with everyone else about that outfit for the reception. A pants outfit could have been OK, but not that one. It was very uninteresting and a poor choice, whoever made that choice.

What dress?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom