Princess Charlene's Fashion and Style Part 9: July 2013 - October 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just wonderful, gorgeous color and beautiful fitted dress with nice drapes up top. The earrings are just terrific.Love the hair, very summery.

Nice color thankful for some jewelry but good GAWD her shoulders kill me, she looks like a line backer.

Why do women have such a problem with a woman having athletic shoulders? Men certainly don't have a problem with them, and they are beautiful shoulders .

We are who we are. That's it. She is a swimmer. Has broad shoulders. She is, also, stunning. The gown is nice, and she has earrings on. Should satisfy many. Do I love the gown, it is fine, she has worn better which was criticized. She looked lovely.

Nice color thankful for some jewelry but good GAWD her shoulders kill me, she looks like a line backer.

Haha, linebacker. :p
I do like broad shoulders in women that are slim and tall. They can look very elegant. She was a swimmer, after all.

She looks very elegant. I wish that I had her shoulders and height. She looks nothing like a linebacker.

The color of the dress is pretty, but I don't like the style of the dress at all. Her earrings are lovely though. Overall she looks nice, but this look doesn't blow me away...she has looked better.

Good grief, she wears beigh people complain, she wears colour and people complain; she doesn't wear jewels and people complain, she wears jewels and people complain. No wonder she dresses to please herself, because she will certainly never please the people on TRF.

You took the words right out of my mouth!

Also, she does have broad, muscular shoulders, but I (and, I suspect, more than a few people) would give my eye teeth to have the figure she has- plus, it doesn't look out of proportion because it's a column dress.

Geez!

Sorry, but IMO that is a ridiculous statement. She is graceful, she is athletic, and she is all woman.

Last edited by a moderator:
I really don't care what you think of my opinion, I think her shoulders are unattractive and her worst physical trait. There are women who have broad shoulders and women who have overly large shoulders like Charlene. I'm not going to stop having an opinion or stating it just because it irritates you. I find it ironic in a thread on a board that is about nothing but how someone (mostly women) physically looks yet with one non praising comment certain people cry foul.
Some people think Kate's hair is too long and that she is too skinny, some hate the way Victoria wears her hair, I've even heard some talk negatively about Mette Marit's tanning habits and what tanning has done to Stefanie and Caroline; me? I think Charlene has linebacker shoulders.

Last edited:
She had those shoulders before she was a swimmer. They are what made her a good swimmer. She is beautiful and well dressed.

She had those shoulders before she was a swimmer. They are what made her a good swimmer. She is beautiful and well dressed.

Absolutely agree -I love the color of this one, though.

I really don't care what you think of my opinion, I think her shoulders are unattractive and her worst physical trait. There are women who have broad shoulders and women who have overly large shoulders like Charlene. I'm not going to stop having an opinion or stating it just because it irritates you. I find it ironic in a thread on a board that is about nothing but how someone (mostly women) physically looks yet with one non praising comment certain people cry foul.
Some people think Kate's hair is too long and that she is too skinny, some hate the way Victoria wears her hair, I've even heard some talk negatively about Mette Marit's tanning habits and what tanning has done to Stefanie and Caroline; me? I think Charlene has linebacker shoulders.

But the difference is you can change your hair, you can change your weight and you can change your tanning habits.

How is Charlene supposed to change her bone structure? Yes when you train you increase muscle definition but everyone can still feel the bone at the widest part of their shoulders.

You regularly complain about Charlene which is your right to do so and I can understand complaining about hair, clothes, makeup, jewellery etc but I don't understand the constant criticism of her bones!

Princess Charlene was geaogious, stunning we don't see princess Caroline near here.

The style and fabric is a bit outdated to me but I must say the color and style works very well on her. This is such a strong color that she pulled off well. Her make up was lovely, soft and fresh. Amazing earrings to complete the look.

What a beautiful blue. Good colour for a summer ball.
She looked radiant and happy.

My thoughts exactly, dazzling! I thought she looked sensational. Loved her soft and feminine make-up..

I don't know if I think she looks good because I am thrilled to see some jewels or if in fact she does look good!!! I love the earrings but I am not certain they are great with this gown ... I am not a fan of the gown in that same colour theme that is now her trade make ie boring IMO. She really needs to find her fashion feet IMO BTW what's a linebacker!!!!

I don't know if I think she looks good because I am thrilled to see some jewels or if in fact she does look good!!! I love the earrings but I am not certain they are great with this gown ... I am not a fan of the gown in that same colour theme that is now her trade make ie boring IMO. She really needs to find her fashion feet IMO BTW what's a linebacker!!!!

I like Charlene's dress this time better than her boring beige ones in the past. She's very timidly making fashion strides, but at least she's making them, it seems. She looks pretty, while Caroline looks wow!!, even at her age.

A linebacker is, in American football, the toughest guy on the field. Traditionally, they are big, broad shouldered and quite scary-looking. :lol:

But the difference is you can change your hair, you can change your weight and you can change your tanning habits.

How is Charlene supposed to change her bone structure? Yes when you train you increase muscle definition but everyone can still feel the bone at the widest part of their shoulders.

You regularly complain about Charlene which is your right to do so and I can understand complaining about hair, clothes, makeup, jewellery etc but I don't understand the constant criticism of her bones!

So according to you you can only point out an unattractive physical trait on a person that they can change? Well that is not my rule especially considering I don't want them to change nor am I pointing them out so that they will change. It's their decision and their bodies they can do whatever they want with them. But as long as Charlene keeps showing off her shoulders Im going to notice them and that I find them to be her most unattractive feature I'm not going to praise them.
You can't have a thread talking about a persons looks and style ad expect everyone to be in love with them.

Last edited:
I think Charlene looks stunning in this blue and with those great earrings. And, I, for one, would love to have her incredible figure, even including the '"swimmer's shoulders". She looks fit and healthy and has a beautiful face. I really don't know what's wrong with having "swimmer's shoulders".

^^^^^
But XC this is not a thread about a persons "looks and style" it is a thread about "fashion and style" which are not the same thing at all.

Last edited:
Charlene's dress is designed by a Monaco-based designer called Patrice Papa. LINK

she was a swimmer and swimmers use to have such a body (bones):whistling:
I love the colour of her dress, thanks for the contributions <3

So gorgeous!!!

^^^^^
But XC this is not a thread about a persons "looks and style" it is a thread about "fashion and style" which are not the same thing at all.

NGalitzine: Sorry. You're right. It's easy to get "offsides" especially with the "swimmer's shoulders" remarks. :)

But, for the most part, I really do like Charlene's fashion and style. I like her beiges and muted colors.

I agree. She is a stunning looking woman to begin with, and she has developed a style that is simple, elegant and possibly very quick to assemble. She could have gone for a swim an hour before and still managed everything with a minimum of fuss. Smart lady. :)

Charlene was born with 'swimmer's shoulders' - and that being the case it is a personal characteristic she has had little control over. Why it's mentioned so much puzzles me, too.

P.S. I love her earrings in this picture!

I think some people think petite is beautiful and otherwise is not (beautiful).

Not me - I think men and women with broad shoulders look great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom