Princess Charlene's Fashion and Style Part 9: July 2013 - October 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Great outfit, very classy, Charlene looks really good in those pictures.

Aaaaaaaaaaw, lovely :flowers:

Great to see her relaxed and enjoying herself :)

Not everybody can wear all-black, but she looks great in it (the one-shoulder cut is not really my taste, but maybe that's just jealousy..i could never wear an outfit like that :lol:)

Black but not beige thank goodness nice but nothing special IMO

I think she looks wonderful! LOVE her look of happiness in pic #3..

Black but not beige thank goodness nice but nothing special IMO

I agree. She always looks nice and pretty boring, no oomph. Not her fault entirely, as I think she loses by comparison with Caroline's outfits.

I think she looks great glad to see she is minimizing the shoulders. This is one time where her lack of jewelry doesnt bother me.

She looks great in that black outfit.

Absolutely elegant. I would have accessorized some great earrings with that outfit, but of course Charlene rarely wears earrings. :whistling:

Great look, anyway.:)

She looks lovely! I do wish that she would wear a few more jewels though.

I agree. She always looks nice and pretty boring, no oomph. Not her fault entirely, as I think she loses by comparison with Caroline's outfits.
Caro has not looked her best lately with all her black and white configurations. I wish she would snap out of it which I am ceratin she will.Caro has great sophistication and can experiment and still look good. Charlene is a reserved person with an inner dynamic she does not always address or express through her fashion choices.However here she does look chic in saree shouldered top and clutch. Black is a difficult colour to sport easily on any lady and not the best choice if this is a birthday. I think Charlene should have more black accessories and not clothes.
Norway is coolish in summer so that might be the reason for the black?

Last edited:
Love the one shouldered jumpsuit. Earrings would have been nice.

Princess Charlene was geaogious, stunning we don't see princess Caroline near here.

I suggest you look at the pictures again then, as we do see Princess Caroline there.

Princess Charlene at the Red Cross Ball this evening, August 2nd, finally wearing a strong colour again! A fresh summer look, nice!

** Full view ** Upper part ** Upper part 2 ** Close up **

The colour is about the only thing I like about that dress which otherwise is very cheap looking. The shiny material was a thing in the 90s, but look very outdated now. The dress also does not fit her properly, looks very shapeless. Also, I don't think this is the right dress for her body type. All in all not her best appearance. Oh well, at least she's wearing earrings, too bad not her wedding ring with it.

Charlene at a birthday party in Norway yesterday, August 17, wearing a simple but nice outfit in black:

** Full view ** Upper part ** Upper part 2 **

Like the jumpsuit, don't like the shoes which look too clunky and too heavy with the outfit. Glad she's wearing the bangle, but earrings are missing, definitely.
Don't like her hair, it's time to do some root work.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wish she'd added earrings (even diamond studs would've been nice), but Charlene is LOVELY, and I like the whole look, otherwise.

I don't like this last look. The pants are way too wide

Charlene in Paroldo, Italy, on August 19, wearing black pants and a huge animal-print scarf (with a black top underneath):

** Full view ** Full view 2 ** Upper part **

She looks underdressed with the men all in suits. The pants are way too wide and the sandals don't look good at all. Open toe shoes are not elegant and those are way too casual.
Usually I like scarfs, but not a fan of the huge blanket on her.
Again, hair needs some root work.

Don't like the look at all.

And what has she against her wedding ring?

I'd love to know why she grabbed a safari-themed throw-blanket from the sofa. I'm sorry, but that aspect of the look is awful. Yes, the slacks are definitely too wide, and I'm not even going to talk about the sandals. She looks like one of the TAs at my school, when the AC is turned up, and she just wraps one of the school blankets that are used for naps around herself.

She looks underdressed with the men all in suits. The pants are way too wide and the sandals don't look good at all. Open toe shoes are not elegant and those are way too casual.
Usually I like scarfs, but not a fan of the huge blanket on her.
Again, hair needs some root work.

Don't like the look at all.

And what has she against her wedding ring?

I'm going to defend Charlene here. I don't know what occasion was, but it looks fairly informal. Everyone walking behind their group is in casual clothes. I don't mind her look at all. She's wearing flared pants and a soft print shawl over a black top with black sandals. Seems fine to me. The men are not wearing suits, they are wearing grey trousers and blue sports coats, which is a fairly informal outfit. The man in a suit looks like a protection officer.

And why should she have to wear her wedding ring? She does not seem to like jewellery and perhaps she does not feel the need to wear a wedding ring. Why should she? It's not compulsory. Everyone knows she's married to Albert.

I'm going to defend Charlene here. I don't know what occasion was, but it looks fairly informal. Everyone walking behind their group is in casual clothes. I don't mind her look at all. She's wearing flared pants and a soft print shawl over a black top with black sandals. Seems fine to me. The men are not wearing suits, they are wearing grey trousers and blue sports coats, which is a fairly informal outfit. The man in a suit looks like a protection officer.

And why should she have to wear her wedding ring? She does not seem to like jewellery and perhaps she does not feel the need to wear a wedding ring. Why should she? It's not compulsory. Everyone knows she's married to Albert.

I do not like the pants, they are way too wide. I do not like the blanket she's wearing as well. You do, great. We will have to agree to disagree here, as, to me, she does look underdressed. Maybe those are not suits, but there are ties and it makes their outfits way more formal than what Charlene was wearing. And sandals are not working with the boots men are wearing. Sorry, but she does look like she just grabbed some things in the darkness and went with them.
And I do not see sports coats on men, I see jackets.

I do not care about what everyone behind their group is wearing, they are not Princess, she is. You cannot compare what they wear to what Charlene wore.

I didn't say she should wear it, I was asking what has she against it. Please re-read my post. Strange is, to me, she will wear big earrings or quite a big bangle, like in this instance, yet no her wedding ring. That's all.

I believe there may have been a mixup with HSH clothing.

She wears the same outfits she wore to the party the night before, including the silver bangle. If you look close you will see the difference is she drapes the shawl she had only carried at the party over her shoulder to hide both the bare shoulder and disguise the top. She also changed from pumps to sandals.

See these photos, you can see the bare shoulder under the shawl.
ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting

Only later did someone rush over with the larger maroon shawl to go over both the leopard shawl and the outfit. She did look upset at someone.

There have been rumors that staff have misplaced her luggage. Maybe her change of clothes was not waiting at the airport as scheduled or they were delayed and could not change at a hotel first. The princess certainly looked annoyed with someone but smiling at the party.

I believe there may have been a mixup with HSH clothing.

She wears the same outfits she wore to the party the night before, including the silver bangle. If you look close you will see the difference is she drapes the shawl she had only carried at the party over her shoulder to hide both the bare shoulder and disguise the top. She also changed from pumps to sandals.

See these photos, you can see the bare shoulder under the shawl.

Only later did someone rush over with the larger maroon shawl to go over both the leopard shawl and the outfit. She did look upset at someone.

There have been rumors that staff have misplaced her luggage. Maybe her change of clothes was not waiting at the airport as scheduled or they were delayed and could not change at a hotel first. The princess certainly looked annoyed with someone but smiling at the party.

If you look at the pants you will see those are not the same pants. The pants of the jumpsuit are not as wide as the pants she wore in Italy. Look especially at the bottom part of the pants.
So it does not look like the same outfit from the night before.

If she was able to change pumps to sandals that means she must have had some clothes with her, no?

Also, how do we know it was "someone" who rushed over with the lager maroon shawl, not Charlene put it over herself? There could have been plenty of reasons for Charlene's face expression in the third picture you provided, we don't know if she was upset on someone or something, or for what reason her face expression as the way it was. Making up theories about it is not a good idea.

Olycom - News

That is NOT a good look for a princess... Looks like one blanket was not enough; if she was so cold, why wear sandals then?

Cinderella5x, What princess Charlene will wear, you will writte a big big comment which critic all . No matter, we know you.

Pure trend says that Charlene was very smart

Charlène de Monaco, emmitouflée en léopard... pour cacher quelque chose ?

My last comment was two sentences, how come it's considered so big?

I am allowed to express my opinion about Charlene's fashion and that's what I do. you don't have to like it or agree with it. You don't have to read it if you are so bothered by it. But you cannot criticize me for that. I simply do not like most of what she wears. I am certain she does not care for my opinion, or yours for that matter, but this is the thread where I can express it so it's exactly what I do.

If you would read all my posts you would see it's not always I do not like what she wears.

Who are the "we" who know me? You don't know me at all, you only know what I think about Charlene's fashion, that's all.

And I do not care what magazines, papers, fashion sites and such have to say about Charlene. In this thread we are expressing our opinions on Charlene's fashion, not opinions on papers, magazines and websites you are constantly providing. Why would I care what they have to say?

Lastly, I never said she was not smart, I was talking about her fashion choice.

I thought the outfit was lovely but the sandals seemed a little casual for the engagement IMO

My last comment was two sentences, how come it's considered so big?

I am allowed to express my opinion about Charlene's fashion and that's what I do. you don't have to like it or agree with it. You don't have to read it if you are so bothered by it. But you cannot criticize me for that. I simply do not like most of what she wears. I am certain she does not care for my opinion, or yours for that matter, but this is the thread where I can express it so it's exactly what I do.

If you would read all my posts you would see it's not always I do not like what she wears.

Who are the "we" who know me? You don't know me at all, you only know what I think about Charlene's fashion, that's all.

And I do not care what magazines, papers, fashion sites and such have to say about Charlene. In this thread we are expressing our opinions on Charlene's fashion, not opinions on papers, magazines and websites you are constantly providing. Why would I care what they have to say?

Lastly, I never said she was not smart, I was talking about her fashion choice.

I assume that smart was not meant as "intelligent" but as "good-looking"...
(and I also assume that Melina Premiere was not refering to your post #175 but #174...the long one :lol: )

Ofcourse you can voice all the opinion you want, just as Melina Premiere can voice their opinion, so why do you feel attacked if you attack P.Charlene's fashion (well, at least this outfit, I haven't followed your posting history) yourself?

Anyway: I for one like P.Charlene's outfits of late.... I like the wraps, because they are colorful and big.
The ones I don't like are the beige and white ones :lol:

I assume that smart was not meant as "intelligent" but as "good-looking"...
(and I also assume that Melina Premiere was not refering to your post #175 but #174...the long one :lol: )

Ofcourse you can voice all the opinion you want, just as Melina Premiere can voice their opinion, so why do you feel attacked if you attack P.Charlene's fashion (well, at least this outfit, I haven't followed your posting history) yourself?

Anyway: I for one like P.Charlene's outfits of late.... I like the wraps, because they are colorful and big.
The ones I don't like are the beige and white ones :lol:

To the bolded in your post: maybe you are correct.

Let me respond to the reminder of your post then:

As she typed her post after my last one, not after the one I typed the day before, I thought it was safe to assume that my last post was the one she was referring to. Also I don't think my post was much longer than some other posters, but, as she didn't like what I said, I was the only one she picked on.

I admit, maybe my post was a bit long, but I tried to explain why exactly I didn't like it instead of just saying I didn't.

Nevertheless, I am not "attacking" Charlene's fashion, I am merely expressing my opinion. And that's what this thread is about. I didn't like what she wore and I simply stated that.
What melina premiere did was voicing her opinion on me, not on Charlene which is not right. She can say all she wants on Charlene's fashion, but she cannot voice her opinion on me as this thread is about Charlene, not about me. I think that would explain why I felt attacked by melina (and it wouldn't be the first time).

See, it's once again a long post, but I am trying to explain instead of just attacking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom