Princess Charlene's Fashion and Style Part 9: July 2013 - October 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good gracious not the shoulders again. At least up on a necklace

The fitting is ok but it makes her boobs look big on profile..dull colour without any accessories.Yawn.Also,I always laugh at the natural beauty description hehe.

Last edited:
The dress is lovely, but the colour is all wrong. I'd love to see Charlene in something vibrantly coloured, not in skin tones.

That's Natalia Vodianova who sponsored the ball. Natalia is a supermodel who was married to a British aristocrat until recently.

natalia is now married to the heir of the LVMH empire, isn't she? i didn't know she was previously married.

what i don't understand is why natalia gets to stand on the stairs higher than HSH the princess of monaco. who organised the photoopp? someone should have mentioned this when they were posing.

the ladies look fantastic. i love that colour on natalia and charlene's body is perfect for this sort of dress.

natalia is now married to the heir of the LVMH empire, isn't she? i didn't know she was previously married.

what i don't understand is why natalia gets to stand on the stairs higher than HSH the princess of monaco. who organised the photoopp? someone should have mentioned this when they were posing.

the ladies look fantastic. i love that colour on natalia and charlene's body is perfect for this sort of dress.

Maybe because this is Natalia's charity and she is the organizer of the event.Albert and Charlene just provided the venue..or she did'nt want to tower over Albert lol

The Ocean tiara worn as a necklace would have looked beautiful with the dress and certainly given it a needed pop of color and spark. Oh, well, the jewel drought continues.....

Princess Charlene looking fabulous in a strapless peach lace dress at the Love Ball...

What is it with this family that they seem unable to look at a camera and smile?

Charlene is stunning in this dress. I'd give my eyeteeth to look that good while looking all washed out ;).

I went back and looked at her wedding photos. If a gal is going to bling it up, it will probably be on that one day. Given Charlene's restraint, I've decided she is just NOT a jewelry gal. She does not and may not ever share our magpie proclivities. I've made my peace with it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Its a nice dress but I agree it would have looked better is she had worn a vibrant color and some jewelry.

Yet another fade-into-the-background outfit.

:cry:

It's a beautiful dress, and she is a beautiful lady. I just wish she'd do her hair, wear some makeup, and put on some jewelry. Oh well. At least it's not beige.

I think this is one of Charlene's best looks in a long time. Beautifully fitted, elegant, regal. The gown is Atelier Versace.

Agree the gown is very lovely needs some sort of earring at least and am not crazy about the hair.

I think this is one of Charlene's best looks in a long time. Beautifully fitted, elegant, regal. The gown is Atelier Versace.

No wonder Karl looked to be sucking lemons on that stair... :cool: (and doesn't this smiley look a bit like him?)

The red dress is indeed beautiful especially the bottom that flows out. Charlene's dress is nice but I just can't believe she wore a dress that blended to much with her skin. I usually don't demand royal ladies wear jewelry, but Charlene definitely needs a necklace. Her hair is nice.

The dress is stunning and fits like a dream. I love the intricate bead work and the little train. The lack of jewelry , ocean tiara as necklace or large dangling earrings or both.. ruin the look.

The dress is fantastic and lovely but I really hope she gets over her aversion to accessories.

I think it's a deep-seated aversion and we have to resign ourselves to a jewel-free princess. I wonder if she got frightened by a diamond necklace as a child and can't bear the sight of jewels as a result.....:D

Last edited:
It is a very pretty gown, but not the best colour for HSH. I wonder, do folk here think she is a "Summer" or "Winter" in the simple 1980's 'seasonal colours' concept? I'm inclining to think she is a Winter, myself. Seems that the cool deep colours or icy pastels suit her best, and the beige isn't quite right...

By that definition, she should look great in this gown seeing as tho it is a very pale blush or pink.

If Charlene would be some kind of celebrity, this would be a good look. But she is the Princess of Monaco, and I miss the dignity and poise in her. And the colour of this outfit isn't the best possible for her, and gives also the impression of a nightgown. Natalia Vodianova looked gorgeous.

I think she looks incredibly poised and chic. I'm telling you, this look is so good I am going I defend her up and down.

Last edited by a moderator:
She looked terrific. Stunning. A bit of jewelry, but other than that she is far more impressive than the Natalia person. Far prettier, far more elegant.

By that definition, she should look great in this gown seeing as tho it is a very pale blush or pink.
I know :flowers: and I'm trying to think why it doesn't quite 'work'. Is it marginally not her best shade of pink? Would adding a "setting" for her pretty face, with a necklace, help? More-defined lip colour? *whispers* a tiara?;)

This colour of the gown just washes out and flattens Princess Charlene.It is too pale and she is vibrant. It appears to be expensive made and more beautiful up close but not photographing well.Princess Charlene dresses from the outside in and not the other way.She should look at her attributes that are fiery and determined in a positive way and dress accordingly.The Princess needs to wear a necklace or earrings.Given that she does not want to wear these a black accessory would have been necessary here to ground this look.The need to understand contrast is there.A stylist might be appropriate to nail down the edges. I think for her height that Princess Charlene should stop wearing these gowns that appear epic and have a pseudo train.She already has theoretical beauty by her height and carriage.The hemline should be straight all the way around. Let's see what happens at the upcoming Ball.

Last edited:
Princess Charlene looking fabulous in a strapless peach lace dress at the Love Ball.

http://i44.tinypic.com/9jzpxt.jpg

http://i40.tinypic.com/34tbvbc.jpg

http://i40.tinypic.com/34tbvbc.jpg

I think Charlene looked great at the Love Ball- I agree with those who said she has a good figure. Peach is a welcome change from the beige/brown outfits that she usually wears. :)

However, I would've liked to have seen some jewellery with this dress; a silver/gold necklace or bracelet would've looked nice with it, but I know Charlene isn't a fan of jewellery, so I was kind of expecting that we wouldn't see any.

I think it's a deep-seated aversion and we have to resign ourselves to a jewel-free princess. I wonder if she got frightened by a diamond necklace as a child and can't bear the sight of jewels as a result.....:D
Too funny. I love the pink dress, but she does need jewels. Just imagine some emeralds or rubies playing off the pink of the dress.....;)

On first impression, I though wow- beautiful gown, modelled to perfection. But on a closer gaze, the familiar complaints surfaced (unflattering colour choice, insipid makeup, a desperate need for one stunning jewelled item). Overall verdict- a beautiful gown worn by a beautiful woman doesn't necessarily equate to beautiful style and elegance.

Princess Charlene is not about the details but the vision;the big picture.Even though many disagree she did look better than Natalia in her electric coloured gown. In fact this gown was so beautiful she could have been painted in it.Maybe Princess Charlene will be the first noble not to wear jewelry?

The gown is superb but something looks off ... Charlene could at least be minimalistic ... sorry but it looks sloppy to attend such an event showing off your pierced earlaps not wearing earrings, hair like just coming out of the ocean, no make up etc.
Somehow you have to accommodate your appearance to the quality of the gown you are wearing, a major fail in this case.

On first impression, I though wow- beautiful gown, modelled to perfection. But on a closer gaze, the familiar complaints surfaced (unflattering colour choice, insipid makeup, a desperate need for one stunning jewelled item). Overall verdict- a beautiful gown worn by a beautiful woman doesn't necessarily equate to beautiful style and elegance.

And you know what IMO made it even worse? Standing beside her sister in law. Princess Caroline looked incredible to begin w/,but when standing beside Charlene...It was very like "Charlene who?", as thanks to no makeup and combined w/the colour of the gown and... She just seemed to disappear.

ITA w/whomever said it earlier in the thread where the "trying for a minimalist look" explanation has long gone past it's Best Before date and now it's either laziness or not really wanting to be there so why bother making an effort. JMO, but something is not right here and I just have a feeling there's more going on here, but what that is...!?!

One thing I do know? If I was a citizen of Monaco and seeing the way the Princess Consort of my Country presented herself on the World Stage, sadly and honestly I'd be horribly embarrassed.

And you know what IMO made it even worse? Standing beside her sister in law. Princess Caroline looked incredible to begin w/,but when standing beside Charlene...It was very like "Charlene who?", as thanks to no makeup and combined w/the colour of the gown and... She just seemed to disappear.

ITA w/whomever said it earlier in the thread where the "trying for a minimalist look" explanation has long gone past it's Best Before date and now it's either laziness or not really wanting to be there so why bother making an effort. JMO, but something is not right here and I just have a feeling there's more going on here, but what that is...!?!

One thing I do know? If I was a citizen of Monaco and seeing the way the Princess Consort of my Country presented herself on the World Stage, sadly and honestly I'd be horribly embarrassed.

This is the Charlene thread, but I have to disagree with you about Caroline, who looked horrible IMO (as I've stated in the Caroline thread).

This is the Charlene thread, but I have to disagree with you about Caroline, who looked horrible IMO (as I've stated in the Caroline thread).

Yes, I know that, but you missed my point too. While Caroline's dress isn't the greatest, she still looks amazing and leaves Charlene in the dust simply due to a pair of earrings, properly applied makeup and nicely styled hair. Charlene is the Princess Consort of Monaco. It's long past time for her to look her role at occasions such as this. I really thought someone would have said something after her appearance at Madeleine and Chris's Wedding where she stood out like a sore thumb, but after seeing these photos, obviously not.

I cringe at the thought of what she has in store for us for the Red Cross Ball later this week.

You know...I think a big part of the reason I've become so shocked first and now saddened at the sad state of Charlene's...fashion style is due to this : she's an Olympian for crying out loud!! If there is anyone out there who knows about the importance of looking good in order to make a good impression because you are also a representative of your Country on the World Stage, then it's an Olympian. So you would think Charlene would at the least make an effort based on that experience and knowledge, but instead we're seeing the exact opposite.

Why is anyone's guess, but.it's starting to get past the point of Charlene needing time to find her feet. There's no excuse for no makeup when attending a Ball like this. None at all.

As I said, I am not looking forward to seeing what's coming later this week and I really wish I didn't feel that way. :(

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom