Princess Charlene's Fashion and Style Part 7: November 2012 - March 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cinderella it is your opinion and not the opnions of the french site of fashion which all say that Charlene is always élégant ay tje events as the fashion show of Dior last january, looks, make up and hairdo.
I will say again, she adopted the french touch with the help of the more fashion designers of the world as Karl Lagerfeld, Akrys, Gucci and so. It is not because you stayed a long moment in France that you know the french touch. Charlene has now the ftrnch touch.

Melina, some French site will say one thing, some will say another. Some French people (like you) will love everything about Charlene, some will not. You cannot speak for all French people, just because you are French, it doesn't work that way. To you Charlene is elegant and such; to me she is nothing remotely close to French chic. Most of the times she just looks bland and plain and not very impressive, to be called a woman with the French touch. The fact that she pops out looking the part every now and then (be it twice a year, maybe) does not make her someone who has that French elegance.

On a aside not, why do you again refer to my stay in France as a moment, since you have no idea how long I have been living there for? And again, why do you still tell me what I know and what I don't since you don't know me?
Charlene does not have the French touch; Charlene does not have the French chic. And yes, this is my opinion; I was not supposed to present an opinion of some French site here, but my own.

Your opinion is different, that's fine, but let me have mine. And don't tell me, please, what I know and what I don't. You don't know me. You don't know what I know and what I don't know. And, above all, it's not about me; it's about Charlene we should be talking about.

So please, disagree with me, that's fine. But don't tell me I don't know, just let me have my opinion on Charlene and her fashion.

Kudos Cinderella, I agree Charlene is not French chic and also that your opinion should not be personally attacked.
I really don't understand how someone can look at Charlene and how she dressed and think "French chic". But again it's my opinion.

A nice look for Princess Charlene at the Giorgio Armani fashion show as part of Milan Fashion Week Womenswear Fall/Winter 2013/14 on February 25, 2013 in Milan, Italy.

** Full view ** Upper part **

Last edited:

A nice look for Princess Charlene at the Giorgio Armani fashion show as part of Milan Fashion Week Womenswear Fall/Winter 2013/14 on February 25, 2013 in Milan, Italy.

This is a perfectly fine look. For traveling, relaxing, going out to dinner. Not for a fashion show.

This is a perfectly fine look. For traveling, relaxing, going out to dinner. Not for a fashion show.

Totally agree. It's a bit sloppy, but overall very nice and casual outfit, for going out with friends, shopping, going to the cafe. But not for the Princess going to the fashion show.

Was that her offical function?

Guest and prospective buyer I would imagine.

So all the fashion shows she attends are not her official functions but rather private? If so, I am thinking, should we really discuss her private clothes? I wish someone would clarify for me :flowers:.

Yes, I would put fashion shows in the category of private but public, but hardly an official engagement unless she is acting as a Patron of an event like Monaco Fashion Week.

As for commenting on what she wears at private events, that happens everytime she steps out the door. Even when she is photographed out shopping in Paris or Milan posters still comments on what she wore on a shopping trip since some seem to believe one should be dressed to the 9s before entering a shop door.

Last edited:
She Looks very Nice , Simple elegant choice & suits her well , the Make-up very proper too ,, But i guess it’s a dull look for men .

Last edited:
This outfit is very beautiful and though it could be considered a bit too casual for a fashion show in general, a suit for a GIORGIO ARMANI show is always appropriate

Charlene is giving me a bad case of handbag envy! Want...want...want!!!

I like that she's taken to wearing diamond stud earrings. This makes her look so much more polished than the many times she's worn no earrings at all.

My only complaint is that the cut makes her look completely shapeless. Otherwise, wearing Armani suit separates to an Armani show seems fine.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have no problems with this look. Charlene looks elegant and comfortable. I don't see a fashion show as a reason to go all out. Casual or business-casual attire seems perfectly fine to me.

Charlene's outfit is incredibly boring. I can't believe people try to say she dresses French.

Charlene's look is quite boring in color and shapeless in style. It's a very casual look for a day out IMO. For a fashion show, I would expect something a bit more dressy, elegant.

Charlene's handbag is by Giorgio Armani

The outfit is rather 'blah'. She needs more color.

LaRae

I have always liked her in pastel shades - I think she has chosen wisely for this event.

I think Charlene has a lot of "French Chic." Being an individual, she has, of course, adapted the timeless look to suit her tastes.

As for not liking her "1960s" hair. Other women in her family wear their hair in that awful 60s style of long and straight, so she has just chosen the style from that era that suits her.

I don't understand all the negativity, but I do understand that some need to put her down to make themselves feel better.

Go! Charlene.

I think Charlene has a lot of "French Chic." Being an individual, she has, of course, adapted the timeless look to suit her tastes.

As for not liking her "1960s" hair. Other women in her family wear their hair in that awful 60s style of long and straight, so she has just chosen the style from that era that suits her.

I don't understand all the negativity, but I do understand that some need to put her down to make themselves feel better.

Go! Charlene.

Or they simply don't like the clothes or the hair without the whole psychology impact there you mentioned. What I don't understand is why is it so hard for Charlene fans and supporters to understand someone may simply not like what she wears or how her hair looks without putting whole "some need to put her down to make themselves feel better." there.

How stating "I don't like what she wears" or "I don't think she has the French touch / chic" is putting her down is what I would like to understand. It is, after all, the fashion thread on Charlene, so her fashion is what we discuss here. Some will like it always, some it like it sometimes and some will never like it. But you (and some others) should respect opinions of others and understand that opinions vary and not all here will be as fond of Charlene as you are.

I don't think of Charlene's style as French.
For me French style is Inès de la Fressange or Caroline and Charlotte.

Charlene's style is clean and simple. Less is more. Her style reminds me of Carolyn Bessette Kennedy who wore a lot of Calvin Klein and Yamamoto.

Anyway, I love seeing her at the Armani show and hope she'll wear his clothes again in the future.

I think she's wearing Roger Vivier shoes.

Last edited:

Charlene's style is clean and simple. Less is more. Her style reminds me of Carolyn Bessette Kennedy who wore a lot of Calvin Klein and Yamamoto.

Anyway, I love seeing her at the Armani show and hope she'll wear his clothes again in the future.

I agree with you picking Ines de la Fressange as an example of french chic and that charlene resembles the late Carolyn Bessette Kennedy.

Actually her shoes are Armani too,

LINK

Also you can shop Charlene's look HERE

I love everything about this look, Armani is perfect for Charlene, she should make them her first designer.

Charlene looks simple and minimalistic but classy at the same time.

But would I have chosen this outfit for a fashoin show? Probably not.

I love her blue handbag. Honestly I love it. Definite bag-crush.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom