Princess Charlene's Fashion and Style Part 7: November 2012 - March 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The coat is marvelous, but the dress underneath would have looked better with a little less shine. Her hair does look nice, and even though the bright red lipstick is not to my taste, Charlene can pull it off.

I love her hair like that. She looks very glamorous.

I don't like the outfit though. I think it would have looked better without the shiny sequined jacket (or whatever that is). It just throws the whole look off.

Last edited:
February 2013 - PRİNCESS CHARLENE İN SAİNT BARTHELEMY

Dressed casually in jeans, long sleeved top matched with a Louis Vuitton bag and brown loafers.

Picture

Her hair style is so ugly, unfortunately she seems to like it.

I think given the texture of her hair a short style suits her. When she has grown it longer, imo it only looks good when pinned up. I also find it a refreshing change from how the other European princesses style their hair.

I really like this casual look. Charlene looks very chic, in my opinion. I agree about the hair style; it suits her.

Seems perfectly appropriate wear for a holiday resort in the Caribbean.

I dont like the camouflage colour at all, and why the belt? To match the colour of the shoes? Charlene can do so much better, I am thinking of the female spy in From Russia with Love who tried to kill James Bond in the end, she was wearing a similar outfit:eek:.

I thought it was a smart, professional look perfectly suitable to the occassion.

:previous:agree the belt is redundant and she does look like a russian movie-spy:)

I like her look, she has the french touch that the other princesses (apart the princess Mathilde who is also very smart) have not. the other princesses are old fashioned

A great new fashion choice for Charlene for a visit to the "Lycee Technique et Hotelier de Monaco" on February 20, 2013:

** Full view ** Upper part ** Upper part/Side view **

I like this suit! I don't understand why she would match that color belt and heels with the suit, it doesn't work at all. I hope in the coming events she will style her hair differently. Its short but you can still style it different.

A great new fashion choice for Charlene for a visit to the "Lycee Technique et Hotelier de Monaco" on February 20, 2013:

Not a fan. Reminds me too much of a Russian military outfit. Like the colour of the shoes but not with the suit she wears. Also don't understand the idea of the belt; it makes the outfit bulky and sloppy.
Don't like her hair.

I like her look, she has the french touch that the other princesses (apart the princess Mathilde who is also very smart) have not. the other princesses are old fashioned

Can't agree with you. I know you are French, but I, too, lived in France for quite a while and cannot agree Charlene has that French touch I saw so many times on so many girls / women. I don't see that effortless elegance and that chic in Charlene at all. I don't agree about Mathilde, she dresses very conservatively.
In fact, I think there are a few other princesses with that chic and that touch, but, to me, Charlene is not one of them.

Charlene looks wonderful. While the colour of the suit is not one I'm fond of because it is not an easy one to wear, astonishingly it makes Charlene complexion look fantastic. Her skin looks almost translucent, in fact, she glows.

Her hair looks terrific and really suits her. Short hair is just as hard to wear as long hair, perhaps even harder because you have to rely on the perfect "cut" and kudos to Charlene's hairdresser for keeping her hair looking fabulous and cut in such a way that she can, and has, worn it in different styles. She seems to keep the slim pixie look for day wear and the softer, more femininely ruffled look for evening.

Melina Premiere:
I agree with you. I really love this suit, especially on Charlene. It reminds me of some of the suits my mother wore in the 40's and 50's and that, as a little girl, I admired. I often think that she has a most elegant look, that one associates with French style. Charlene has a lovely complexion and a beautiful face, which are framed and enhanced by her short hair and the various ways in which she styles it.

Count me among those who like that suit.It's a timeless outfit.The color is one of my favourite.Nice shoes too.
Though I am not sure about the belt.May be she use it because the jacket was a bit loose.
As any other women or princesses,Charlene fashion choices are sometimes great and sometimes not but at least she is not boring,she is trying new things.Some have decided to stay on the safe side by wearing only dresses or suits,Charlene decided to try all what a woman can wear:dresses,suits,skirts and trousers with different tops.
Short hair is lovely on her.Nice that she doesn't feel the need to follow the dictatorship of "long hair".I am a woman too,I used to have very short hair for a long period of time because it was beautiful on me and practical.I didn't care if others didn't like it.
It's better to have short hair instead of long unkept hair hanging all over your face.IMO and that's my personnal opinion,the three details that draw my attention to a woman and therefore must be always perfect :hair,shoes and nails.Those details are killers even with the most expensive outfit.
My mom has taught me to dislike long unkept hair and to qualify those wearing such hair "souillonne" which means "dirty person" even if the person was actually clean :D

I am entirely OK with you Soraya,
Charlene is not afraid to innovate, she is trying news things with the help of great designers as Karl Lagerfeld, Dior,Albert Akrys, Gucci or Versace and She follows her personnality. When she is in a foreighn land, she wears dresses of the designer of this land as in Australia in March 2012 or Gucci in october 2012 at the ball of Florence. and she is always stunning when there is a big event as the dresses she wore during the wedding of Kate and William, the jubelee of queen Elisabeth, the visit to the pape she makes the honour of her new land Monaco.

I am also ok with the cut hair, long hair hanging over the face is not doing a perfect looking. here also Charlène innovates, the hairdo she wore at the fashion mode of Dior was beautiful, all the sites of fashion found Charlène very smart and beautiful at this event.

Cinderalla, you lived a moment in france but you did not know anything about the french touch of elegance.

Charlene looks wonderful. While the colour of the suit is not one I'm fond of because it is not an easy one to wear, astonishingly it makes Charlene complexion look fantastic. Her skin looks almost translucent, in fact, she glows.

Her hair looks terrific and really suits her. Short hair is just as hard to wear as long hair, perhaps even harder because you have to rely on the perfect "cut" and kudos to Charlene's hairdresser for keeping her hair looking fabulous and cut in such a way that she can, and has, worn it in different styles. She seems to keep the slim pixie look for day wear and the softer, more femininely ruffled look for evening.

I agree with you, I thought she looked lovely.

Also agree with a number of posters who felt the bit was a bit unnecessary, but overall I thought the look worked well.

I like the last look of Charlene very much even though it’s an oldfashioned and retro look but it suits her very well.Hair and makeup are flawless.I like every thing even the belt ,matching with the shoes added a lot to the entire look......well done Charlene.

I personally didn't really like Charlene's outfit; and I agree with the posters who said she looks a bit like a spy. I don't really like her hair style either, but her shoes are nice and so is the belt.

I am entirely OK with you Soraya,
Charlene is not afraid to innovate, she is trying news things with the help of great designers as Karl Lagerfeld, Dior,Albert Akrys, Gucci or Versace and She follows her personnality. When she is in a foreighn land, she wears dresses of the designer of this land as in Australia in March 2012 or Gucci in october 2012 at the ball of Florence. and she is always stunning when there is a big event as the dresses she wore during the wedding of Kate and William, the jubelee of queen Elisabeth, the visit to the pape she makes the honour of her new land Monaco.

I am also ok with the cut hair, long hair hanging over the face is not doing a perfect looking. here also Charlène innovates, the hairdo she wore at the fashion mode of Dior was beautiful, all the sites of fashion found Charlène very smart and beautiful at this event.

Cinderalla, you lived a moment in france but you did not know anything about the french touch of elegance.

Melina, you are wrong. I lived longer than just a moment in France and I know a lot about French touch of elegance as well as about the French chic. Charlene is, to me, not an example of it. She lacks that unsaid, untouchable chic most French women have. Since you don't really know me you cannot just state what I know and what I don't know and saying I don't know anything in a subject is quite not nice.

Last edited by a moderator:
Love the suit and the belt loath the shoes ....

Melina: Yes, a beautiful and stunning spy!!!

Soraya: My mother made similar comments about long "straggly" hair, as she said. I really do wish that some of the other princesses would do something with their hair besides letting it be all over the place. There are several who look unkempt rather often as a result. I've contemplated how certain ones would be greatly improved with a shorter hair style. Just my opinion, of course.

Cinderella it is your opinion and not the opnions of the french site of fashion which all say that Charlene is always élégant ay tje events as the fashion show of Dior last january, looks, make up and hairdo.
I will say again, she adopted the french touch with the help of the more fashion designers of the world as Karl Lagerfeld, Akrys, Gucci and so. It is not because you stayed a long moment in France that you know the french touch. Charlene has now the ftrnch touch.

I don't think there is anything French chic about Charlene's style. Kate has more style than her and we all know how boring she is. It is about once a year or once every 6 months when Charlene looks fierce and like a French high class model. Most of the time she looks plain and unimpressive, that's not to say she looks bad; she just definitely does not encompass French fashion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom